GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How To Choose A Poker Room?

With so many options to choose from, it's easy to get confused, but it's important to know how to choose a poker room, we must not get carried away by "welcome bonuses" or "free tickets" that can be offered, to choose a poker room we must see beyond the "promotions" to choose intelligently.

What elements should we take into account to choose a poker room?
To choose in the best possible way, in addition to taking into account the restrictions that you may have in your country of residence, we must also consider these aspects:

Rake
Rake: It is incredible that many players have no idea how much money poker rooms charge for playing at their tables, it is irresponsible not to be aware of the rake of the different rooms, because it is one of the most important points at the time to decide on a poker room.

Trafico
Traffic; It is sad to see a poker room without players, the more unknown the room is, the less players it will have.

Software
Software; In general when we talk about software, the most important rooms in the world have very good and very safe software, the only difference is that some have more features than others.

When we take rake, traffic and software into account, we are ready to choose the room that most benefits us as players.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good post. Lot of good points there. I think ease of deposit and withdrawal options are also a big factor. Whatever method people use they want to know the money actually gets where's it's going in short order and without hassle. Not always easy for US players. Even in the best of days of online poker some rooms were just horrible in that regard.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And if I have to choose between the High Commission and the weak field I would rather choose a weak field! Because if you play against strong players is no low rake will not help to win!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing is withdraw. They need to pay out.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How To Choose A Poker Room?

With so many options to choose from, it's easy to get confused, but it's important to know how to choose a poker room, we must not get carried away by "welcome bonuses" or "free tickets" that can be offered, to choose a poker room we must see beyond the "promotions" to choose intelligently.

What elements should we take into account to choose a poker room?
To choose in the best possible way, in addition to taking into account the restrictions that you may have in your country of residence, we must also consider these aspects:

Rake: It is incredible that many players have no idea how much money poker rooms charge for playing at their tables, it is irresponsible not to be aware of the rake of the different rooms, because it is one of the most important points at the time to decide on a poker room.

Traffic; It is sad to see a poker room without players, the more unknown the room is, the less players it will have.

Software; In general when we talk about software, the most important rooms in the world have very good and very safe software, the only difference is that some have more features than others.

When we take rake, traffic and software into account, we are ready to choose the room that most benefits us as players.

The elements you mentioned are true to some extent. But you are missing one vitally important thing. And that is how they pay and how fast they pay. After all it is about money that matters. I have heard of many sites who delay the process of withdrawal giving lame excuses.
Additionally we need to look into their customer help/support system. How efficient they are while dealing with queries? Big reputed sites like 888 poker, pokerstars and partypoker often respond to customers within a time frame which shows their concern about players.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good post, and I think its very important for people to go do research and check reviews. Yes some people are just sour towards rooms but if you read enough you get the real picture. For me reputation with their customers is #1 thing I look at.