Is the hit and run strategy considered bad etiquette?

G

gakkelukk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bad

if youre playing live cash game and you like double up on the first hand i doubt you would pack up and leave.. But online games are much different , youll never see any1 again probably..

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, very nice pot. It's always nice to add a big one to the bankroll. Your first priority is to keep your money ( Because now it IS your money )
I play more stud poker than holdem so Im seeing the same people again and again. Im inclined to sit awhile, see what cards I can cheaply and enjoy the game. People who see you as a good player who doesnt bail out right off will be more inclined to give you some more of thier money next time. If I play back 10% conservatively, I gain the respect and Im out way ahead both now and at a future time. :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zackery - what's the saying? You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i made a post about it didnt get much feedback but i will say it depends on what you want to do really when you got a small bank roll of like 20-30 thats what i would do if you play limits 0.01/0.02 i found that it is pretty good but once you get to the 0.05/0.10 its pretty good just to sit and relax and play premium hands. if you got a 300 dollar bank roll i would mabey try to hit and run off the 0.25/0.50 tables that may be usefull too i dont know i just started to do it off of a low bankroll on pokerstars it's good doing it there like i said im not sure about 0.25/0.50 i know the 0.01/0.02 are easy to get 10 cents to do a hit and run but higher limits i dont know you can also try to play good hands play 30 hands if your up go a head and leave hit and runs don't mean you gatta do it on just one hand you can just wait till your up even allitle and play many hands. like i said i also am new to this whole hit and run thing so good luck.