HighStakes Poker room - what is it?

Mister Pillow

Mister Pillow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's talk about subj! I've got several red flags coming up:

1) it is tonyg software, owned/operated by the well known Lithuanian gangster Antanas Gouga from 80-ies, aka TonyG; looks like he got out of criminal underworld in time to invest blood money into gambling business;

2) while it is marketed for Asian market and sold as high-stakes games, mostly players are rusiian/lithuanian thugs regulars, who obviously work in gangs and collude the heck out of the game [and who would control them];

3) the operator demands $50 deposit upfront, before even allowing to do KYC!? say what? :confused:
is this a Ponzi, when they can only pay next withdrawal request from the money that previous newcomer deposited?

I am concerned, and i would like to have your thoughts about this "high-class" establishment!

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for bringing up this subject to the community. I've noticed that TonyG and HighStakes have the same platform and personally i'm not fond of with neither of poker sites mentioned.
A couple of years ago i decided to try out TonyG and just after a couple of hours at cash game tables i was concerned about legitimacy of the site - bot alert. I decided to uninstall immediately. The same o with HighStakes, actually i was grinding a lot at HighStakes and for this poker site i can be pretty sure that something weird has been going on at the tables. And yes, they have a ridiculous requirement to deposit at least 50$ and when it comes to cash out, you need to pay in rake at least 50 euros within 30 days in order to be able to make a withdraw. Sit and Go tournaments are only available on mobile App and not on desktop version which is weird???

Anyways i would not recommend neither of poker sites mentioned above

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
why didn't I read this before depositing? Feel like such an idiot - think I must just go and loose it there - and least then it won't sit in the back of my mind and bug me. Pretty hard to get $50 rake on a $50 deposit in 30 days. Least if it's lost it's gone.

The kind of site that give online poker a bad name.

BTW to TonyG really involved here? No mention of him, they do talk about Luke Schwartz. TonyG is involved at CoinPoker - which is a great site, no BS and pays out within minutes

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why didn't I read this before depositing? Feel like such an idiot - think I must just go and loose it there - and least then it won't sit in the back of my mind and bug me. Pretty hard to get $50 rake on a $50 deposit in 30 days. Least if it's lost it's gone.

The kind of site that give online poker a bad name.

BTW to TonyG really involved here? No mention of him, they do talk about Luke Schwartz. TonyG is involved at CoinPoker - which is a great site, no BS and pays out within minutes

what happens when the 30 days pass and you have not collected 50 dollar rake? this site seems very dead and i wonder if there are any games going sometimes. i have 10 dollars there from an affiliate.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what happens when the 30 days pass and you have not collected 50 dollar rake? this site seems very dead and i wonder if there are any games going sometimes. i have 10 dollars there from an affiliate.

They said it was a rolling 30 days - so you just keep going until you do make it. And then I am sure it must be made in the 30 days prior to withdrawing - don't wait a couple of days - then it won't count.

They have scammed me - will just blow it and move on.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds ever so weird to me. The fact you have to pay rake to withdraw.
It really doesn’t sit right at all

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This sounds ever so weird to me. The fact you have to pay rake to withdraw.
It really doesn’t sit right at all

Yup, it's a joke. And to repeat, this is money I deposited, not freeroll money. So many proper sites out there, absolutely zero reason to go to highstakes

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play those there even free free rolls, you all will not see one money, what is the point then to play there? I have not received messages from their operator for 2 weeks. In the beginning, when I arrived, I wrote to them from my account, so after that my communication with the operator through my personal account no longer works. They have now made a bunch of affiliate programs and are paying $ 10 for registration, from what pocket? They have 99% of the players do not make deposits, well, when they win something they will be forced to do to withdraw funds.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I only registered there in order to play a freeroll , but when I went I saw the lobby , the games , didn't like anything , I didn't even play the freeroll at the end .Man , some very small or very new sites , use some freerolls as a bait , for new players , I have been scammed that way in the past , lol

Mister Pillow

Mister Pillow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
and then it STRUCK like thunder!

hey - finally highstakes joe poker is busted! they are closing shop! bye-by, or should i say - R.I.P.:D

srapsak

srapsak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, hs or highstakes poker have changed hands and no belong to russian kazakhstan criminals; and you will never ever see your money again; they live in a penal colony their whole life and are happy to part the fool from his money - they are career criminals with no humanity left inside, animals best kept behind barbed wires;