headache issue

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing on America's Cardroom to see if I want to put money there. As I am playing a freeroll of the PLO game, what I was dealt and what the computer saw were completely different. I bet based on that, while the computer program is saying it is not what I had. Is this common on that site? I am new to online poker, with only playing NLOP and ClubWPT. I am just trying to find a place I can play for money and build skills and a bankroll.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Do you have your hand history? It would be easier to analyze the hand if you copy the hand here. :)

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand history and what I was shown was different, which is why I was asking. I want to find a site that this is not common. If I just experienced a glitch and ACR is cool, awesome. If there are better places, I would like to know. I am asking if the situation is common.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play PLO tournaments, they dont allow free bets... and its so difficult for me.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is all they have today on ACR is freeroll PLO. I am still trying to figure out if this is a common issue, not the cards, but the computer reading different cards than what is shown.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never heard of this but rarely play there now but use to quite a bit.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had the site crash on a few of my games but here they have made improvements on that now.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you dont have any evidence its difficult for us to believe you. there are tons of people who are saying this and that on the internet nowadays, especially in poker. i play on acr a lot and never saw something like this. if you have a hand history, post it here and tell us what you saw differently. that would be a start but just coming here and claiming like this not gonna give you a lot of credit sorry :eek:

did you maybe play plo8 instead of normal plo?

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played on ACR for quite a while now. I have never seen that happen before. But I only play Texas Holdem. But if you're questioning the Integrity of ACR I will tell you I have found it to be a very credible and an honest site.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing on America's Cardroom to see if I want to put money there. As I am playing a freeroll of the PLO game, what I was dealt and what the computer saw were completely different. I bet based on that, while the computer program is saying it is not what I had. Is this common on that site? I am new to online poker, with only playing NLOP and ClubWPT. I am just trying to find a place I can play for money and build skills and a bankroll.

Don't really understand the problem.

Your cards changed during the hand? Or when the hand was over?

And this continued to happen? Or it just happened once?

Are you sure it was PLO and not PLO8 freeroll maybe? They can be confusing on ACR - sometimes they say PLO 8-handed or PLO8 8-handed.

The guys are right about hand history.

And honestly ACR is OK.

Last edited:
C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing PLO8 freeroll. I am a computer guy, so I can understand something odd happening. I have a friend who had his keyboard freak out in an odd way and took a while to ever see it happen again to be able to understand it. This was not about the specific game, folks, but if program anomalies were common. Thank you all for putting my mind at ease. I will be putting money onto the site if this is the case. I just do not want to lose money because of them.

As an aside, what is the difference in PLO and PLO8? I have a decent understanding of Omaha, but not the variations.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing PLO8 freeroll. I am a computer guy, so I can understand something odd happening. I have a friend who had his keyboard freak out in an odd way and took a while to ever see it happen again to be able to understand it. This was not about the specific game, folks, but if program anomalies were common. Thank you all for putting my mind at ease. I will be putting money onto the site if this is the case. I just do not want to lose money because of them.

As an aside, what is the difference in PLO and PLO8? I have a decent understanding of Omaha, but not the variations.

Pot Limit Omaha is high hand only.

Pot Limit Omaha 8 or better (aka Omaha Hi/Lo) is a split pot game. Half pot to the high hand - half pot to the low hand. BUT if two players tie for the high hand - or more commonly tie for the low hand they get 1/2 of the 1/2 aka 1/4 and that is dangerous. You can "win" the hand in a tie for high or low and still lose money. Ideally I want to win both the high and the low for the whole pot!

Good luck !