Have you ever had a bad run on one particular poker site?

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hello there!

Have you ever had a bad run on one particular site while all the others are running as usual, as expected? For me, 888poker is just giving me nothing at the moment while all the others I play on, I can be patient and work my way up, increasing my bankroll.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens, but it will change, if it doesn't change, change you.:)

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can,t play on partypoker i never there win or make deep run its unreal but real life :eek::rolleyes::(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes thats part of variance. Unless you have some special reason to play on a particular site, there is nothing wrong with playing, where you currently have momentum. Maybe its just a coincidence, but it could also be, that the games are softer or suits you better for reasons, you might not even be able to articulate. This also goes for situations, where you are doing well in one game format but poor in another. Like maybe doing well in full ring cash games but poorly at full ring. Or doing well in MTTs but poorly in SnGs. Then focus on the game format, where you are winning. There is no need to "prove", you can beat a certain game or win on a certain site. Nobody care about this other than your own ego ;)

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Personally, I left the pokerstars room a bit because I was also having a hard time, losing very good hands against players with worse hands. I'm recently testing 888poker and at the moment I don't notice anything out of the ordinary, we'll see in a few months how the game continues this situation

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I have played micro/low stakes at UB, Pokerstars, party poker, FT, 888, Blackchip and GG poker. I don't know if was just bad luck, small sample size or what the hell it was but the only site I ever was a loser on was Party Poker. And mostly because I could never seem to get cards to play and the few times I did they never seemed to hold. Idk when you're a winning player of 6 of 7 sites....you kinda wonder here wtf going on over here with the one. Specially when you're talking about it being during the Moneymaker poker boom. There was never an easier time to make money online and there probably never will be again.

Now I barely have the time too play one site so I decided to stay with Pokerstars at least till canada offers a nationwide player pool.

Cheers!!!

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Gg poker damn! i did play all these Mini games. I tried All of them but after a while the one that seemed to be the one with highest kick feeling which was bounty hunter couldnt stop playing and lost all games that could lead to the end table... long procedure

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
F4D59A06 1637 405A A74C 026C78FB6E13
Was one ticket only
Was so furious and angry and disappointed that loose all my money accumulated in two months on spins for 20 $.
Made 100$ from about 17$ won on CC freerols.
Lesson learned when angry just delete App

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there!

Have you ever had a bad run on one particular site while all the others are running as usual, as expected? For me, 888poker is just giving me nothing at the moment while all the others I play on, I can be patient and work my way up, increasing my bankroll.
We all experience those downswings on every poker room I think.
I sometimes have some bad days on Pokerstars. As you said the key is to be patient and you will learn how to deal with these periods.

K

kraaazie1203

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Bad beats happen on every site to every player, that is a simple fact. If the site or the style doesn’t suit you, play somewhere else.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Hahahaha I'll tell you that my sad story is similar. I haven't had any luck at 888 for more than a month. Pair AA game and any combination wins. I play any combination and any pair or trio or the fantastic river that can only happen to you once it kills me. In your life and to top it all off I was with a bank worth more than 200 USD and I'm already at 3 USD and I'm already playing to pass the time because I couldn't even withdraw through interbank transfers and the validation of the documents take a long time to start playing in another room zero makes me lazy as they say around there you get used to the bad and no way greetings I hope your luck will improve soon

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately, on 888 you get into a variance that can last for months, it's such a tough site, you're lucky that on other sites you still haven't got into the same variance, it also happens when you have a bad period on several sites at the same time, and you lose on all sites in this period of time