Hand you muck most?

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A recent PokerTracker3 discovery, it is telling me I should laydown AQs everytime I get it in a SnG or MTT. Since downloading PT3 a couple weeks ago, I have lost every AQs hand I have played; and have usually been knocked out of the tourney. Everytime I see it I laugh, "The hand I love to go out with." :eek:

M

mafalda34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time im playing very tight so maybe im allergic to most of them. LOL I think the hand i hate the most is 83off but there are a lot of non-playable hands. Sometimes Jacks had given me some trouble as well.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-6/8 is the worst hand, I have been recently knocked out a couple of times with it from tournies. It doesn't really matter that I have had the best hand most of the times, but the fact that the guy with the A9 and the Q9 hit two nines just make me think before I ever push with it.

That said, you guys are seriously missing on good hands when you're not playing them all.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone have a hand they are just allergic to? Like A6o?

I'm not really talking about such bad rags as to be unplayable, I'm talkin' personal bias. :p

In the spirit of the OP, I have become allergic to Q5, off or suited.

It didn't start out this way, I remeber a night at party poker when I was still playing any paint, and I got Q5 a lot that night. Once making quad Q's, and 3 times filling QQQ55 boats. That was 2 or 3 years ago, and I plum wore them two out.

Since that evening, I don't think I've hit either of them in a bb walked flop even.......:eek:

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate playing 2, anything.. i usually limp in with 2,2 to see if a set comes but thats all... J, J usually gets me broke too, though i'll generally raise with it

Casecrs

Casecrs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low Ace is trouble

:eek: :eek:
OMG i had a really bad beat this last night...early tournemnt blinds 30 15 I had A3 suited of clubs, I decided to play the low ace suited....Very bad idea cause the situation i got my self into was hard to fold the hand cause i knew i was ahead and killed some of his outs. The guy ended up having A 10 suited of Spades!! The flop was 3 dimond 8 spade 7 hearts...at this point i know im ahead cause he raised to 135 preflop i put him on A10 or higher just me and him in the pot. So on flop he checks and i make the big raise being a pot bet equalling like 660 or so on the 3, thinking hes gonna fold...yeah right he follows and it rolls a 7 of spade.....i go all in and he calls and gets the flush....i was playing like a donk even playing that hand that early...... any one agree?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: :eek:
OMG i had a really bad beat this last night...early tournemnt blinds 30 15 I had A3 suited of clubs, I decided to play the low ace suited....Very bad idea cause the situation i got my self into was hard to fold the hand cause i knew i was ahead and killed some of his outs. The guy ended up having A 10 suited of Spades!! The flop was 3 dimond 8 spade 7 hearts...at this point i know im ahead cause he raised to 135 preflop i put him on A10 or higher just me and him in the pot. So on flop he checks and i make the big raise being a pot bet equalling like 660 or so on the 3, thinking hes gonna fold...yeah right he follows and it rolls a 7 of spade.....i go all in and he calls and gets the flush....i was playing like a donk even playing that hand that early...... any one agree?

no the donk play was "knowing" you were ahead with bottom pair. He could have been trying to steal. Meanwhile he "knew" you didn't connect because you called a raise to 135 preflop. What made you so sure he didn't have 88, 33, 77, or any over pair? You got lucky he played like an idiot and got all his money in with a flush draw. You got unlucky that he hit it. You both played the hand absolutely horribly though. I'm sorry, but with A3 when you hit your 3, unless you have an extremely good read of the player, you simply cannot assume you're ahead. First you had bottom pair, second players will raise with trash hands trying to steal, and if he raised with 78 you lose all your money here without him having to suck out.

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Luck / Good luck hands

For me it 9's and J's total bad luck hands - I NEVER hit or win with them. In certain situations I play them very cautiously! Sixes - I ALWAYS hit or win with them.

Merlin333 :cool:

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man Im startin to fold pocket jacks now all the time bc i always get sucker out at the end no matter what. i might as well go all in wiff a 24o instead.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man Im startin to fold pocket jacks now all the time bc i always get sucker out at the end no matter what. i might as well go all in wiff a 24o instead.

How do you usually play them? Jacks are not that great of a hand. They are one of the top preflop hands, but the flop is likely to bring at least one over, and with a lot of action preflop you need to fold them because in those situations (I'm thinking multiway, 4bets, etc.) you'd be lucky to be coin flipping. But never fold JJ preflop, at least play it for set value.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket kings have cost me some major final tables lately, KK vs QQ i lose , KK vs 99 i lose both all in pre flop. KK vs 89 i lose he only had a str8 draw on flop.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold the hands I think are losers. No particular 'favorites'. No matter what's in the hole, I've been beat by better and beat by worse.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Hate J 7 & K 4

Yes i hate J 7 & K 4...i've been beat really bad in the past w/ those 2 hands. I dont have the screenshot or hand analysis so ill just explain 1 really quick. I was HU once in a $5 sng we were about even in chips @ this point & i raise 6 times the BB w/ A K & the guy called w/ what ended up being K 4 offsuit...flop come 4 K 9 & i bet pot, he goes all in & i have to call having top pr heads up w/ an A kicker. I should've won that sng but thanks to that weak hand (K 4) i didnt LOL

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands