Global Poker Micros (missing smallest stakes?)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, does anyone know if global poker has 1c/2c micros? The lowest I see is $0.05/0.1 :confused:

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably did away with them. I know BOL did that a while ago.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably did away with them. I know BOL did that a while ago.
Thanks. Support got back to me and that is indeed the case. They said certain players abused the micros with certain tactics so they ditched them because it created an unenjoyable experience for recs...

Any idea what that means?

It really makes no sense to me because now those same players can use those tactics at higher stakes. I smell bullsh** lol.

I don't see how upping the stakes makes it more rec friendly... Or does that mean that now there are more fish in the 10 cent games?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understand it, the lowest cash games on Global Poker used to be 4NL, and I actually think, this was pretty reasonable. Online poker is almost 20 years old, and there has been inflation, so 2$ is an incredibly small amount of money today for a cash game.

But I think, starting at 10NL is taking it to far, and it certainly does not make the site more beginner friendly. Learning cash game poker at 10NL might end up being rather expensive, and you need a starting bankroll of at least 300$. It is however good for winning players, because 10NL will presumably become softer.