Global Poker froze my funds

B

bae_yeonsoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Global Poker straight up robbed me for over $16,000 on my account. I was traveling last year and playing. Even until now they say it is ok to play outside of jurisdiction but just cant redeem prizes. I am a permanent resident in the US and am a US citizen. Im fine with going back to the states to redeem my prize. Around last year february or march i tried to withdrawal not knowing i cant withdrawal outside jurisdiction and the denied my withdrawal. At first they said just come back to the states and they will unblock me and help me with the withdrawal process. I said thats fine and ill be back in the states soon. Then couple days later they sent me email saying i was hiding my geolocation and took all my funds. I have many back and forth emails arguing to return my funds but they still stole all my funds.

I mean what the actuall fk is this. Global poker are you ****ing kidding me?! Is this what u guys do to players after you change terms and change site without notifying your players. and ***** steal?!

Can anyone help me get my funds back?
David Lyons? anyone know his email?

Its been over a year and they still havent gave me back my money.

My ID is bae_yeonsoo

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bae_yeonsoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
add

ive played on globalpoker for 4 years and i have had vpn on at times for other websites and privacy. For 4 years it was not a problem traveling, playing, redeeming, vpn or no vpn. Why now? This should not be a reason they steal my funds.

also to note. they say we can play outside country but they all the sudden block their site January last year. i honestly wasnt thinking much about vpn at the time cuz i used it for 4 years(not for globalpoker purposes but had it on while playing)

yea sure bann me but give me back my fkkng money! i will gladly not play on global. A bunch of crooked thieves

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is very clear in their Terms and Conditions that you cannot play in or reside in excluded territories:

WHEN PARTICIPATING IN:

i. STANDARD OR PROMOTIONAL PLAY, YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN, OR ACCESS THE PLATFORM FROM THE EXCLUDED TERRITORIES;

AND

ii. PROMOTIONAL PLAY, YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN THE EXCLUDED TERRITORIES OR IDAHO;
There's more here: https://globalpoker.com/docs/gp-terms-conditions-5.1.0.pdf

That took me 30 seconds to google and find that...it's up to the customer to read and understand the rules. I've never known any company to not announce when they've changed their T&C.

Sounds like you violated their terms, and now you are paying the consequences. That is the chance you take when you just tick the "I have agreed to....etc." box with out actually reading the T&C. In your case it turned out to be a $16k mistake. :/

B

bae_yeonsoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very clear in their Terms and Conditions that you cannot play in or reside in excluded territories:

There's more here: https://globalpoker.com/docs/gp-terms-conditions-5.1.0.pdf

That took me 30 seconds to google and find that...it's up to the customer to read and understand the rules. I've never known any company to not announce when they've changed their T&C.

Sounds like you violated their terms, and now you are paying the consequences. That is the chance you take when you just tick the "I have agreed to....etc." box with out actually reading the T&C. In your case it turned out to be a $16k mistake. :/

They kept changing their terms last year. They kept going back and forth telling me I can play outside jurisdiction. For 4 years it was fine. On their site right now they say players are allowed to play in other jurisdiction.

fyi their terms kept changing last year. you can seach on 2 plus 2. There were lots of confusion on this matter. I even have emails from customer care saying it is fine playing out of jurisdiction.

We welcome players from all corners of the world to create an account and to play to our site. However, ONLY PLAYERS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING OUTLYING TERRITORIES) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) ARE ELIGIBLE TO REDEEM PRIZES. PLAYERS IN WASHINGTON U.S.A., ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY THE GAMES OR REDEEM PRIZES. SUBJECT TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLAYERS IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS MAY PLAY THE GAMES BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO REDEEM PRIZES.
Please refer to the complete list of Terms and Conditions

https://https://globalpoker.zendesk...0036263133-Accepted-Countries-and-Territories

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They kept changing their terms last year. They kept going back and forth telling me I can play outside jurisdiction. For 4 years it was fine. On their site right now they say players are allowed to play in other jurisdiction.

fyi their terms kept changing last year. you can seach on 2 plus 2. There were lots of confusion on this matter. I even have emails from customer care saying it is fine playing out of jurisdiction.

We welcome players from all corners of the world to create an account and to play to our site. However, ONLY PLAYERS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING OUTLYING TERRITORIES) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) ARE ELIGIBLE TO REDEEM PRIZES. PLAYERS IN WASHINGTON U.S.A., ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY THE GAMES OR REDEEM PRIZES. SUBJECT TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLAYERS IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS MAY PLAY THE GAMES BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO REDEEM PRIZES.
Please refer to the complete list of Terms and Conditions

https://https://globalpoker.zendesk...0036263133-Accepted-Countries-and-Territories
It says right there in what you posted in bold capitalized letters that players in other jurisdictions can play the games but are not able to redeem prizes.

B

bae_yeonsoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It says right there in bold capitalized letters that players in other jurisdictions can play the games but are not able to redeem prizes.

I live in the US and california resident! I was just traveling and playing. Im fine redeeming in the states!

Customer care told me its fine to come back to the states and redeem prize. Then they changed their mind and stole all my funds!

Heres the email image.
A

Also it says I CAN play outside jurisdiction and I bolded that for u to see clearly

Also Ive played on their site for 4 years residing in the US. It was just at this time I was traveling.

Last edited:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I live in the US and california resident! I was just traveling and playing. Im fine redeeming in the states!

Customer care told me its fine to come back to the states and redeem prize. Then they changed their mind and stole all my funds!

Heres the email image.
View attachment 302456

Also it says I CAN play outside jurisdiction and I bolded that for u to see clearly

Also Ive played on their site for 4 years residing in the US. It was just at this time I was traveling.
It says they will process "future prize redemption requests". Not your past winnings. Sorry bro, but it looks like you're s.o.l. :(