Global Poker

J

joshuatng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start by saying when I play poker I play to win a profit and also to get the experience and learn so I absolutely love the options global poker has with the blinds. Saying that and I'm in no way calling anyone a fish, aggressive or saying they made a stoupid move it's just a general concern if I should continue with the global poker website, the question is does the global poker website themselves use bots?

Reason why I'm asking is that I saw 2 players bet over 50 dollars on the river and when the showdown came the winner had 2 A's 2 J's. I understand that people are going to gamble and there's loose aggressive players and I wouldn't even be asking if one person did it but 2 is suspicious. Also while it is a strong 2 pair it's only a mediocre hand.

If anyone else has seen instances of this happening please let me know, you don't need proof that global poker themselves uses bots just any concerns and examples would be ok.

Thanks

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would someone program a bot to play bad poker? If I was going to cheat my fellow players by letting a bot play, I would pick one, that play well, since this is the way to make money in poker.

I have never played at Global Poker, so I dont know, if the site is rigged. But I know, they are the third largest poker site in the world, and they are licensed in the EU. So it would be very surpricing to me, if the site was not legit. But as with any other site, if you don’t trust it, then withdraw all your funds right away. Its pretty much as simple as that.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reason why I'm asking is that I saw 2 players bet over 50 dollars on the river and when the showdown came the winner had 2 A's 2 J's. I understand that people are going to gamble and there's loose aggressive players and I wouldn't even be asking if one person did it but 2 is suspicious. Also while it is a strong 2 pair it's only a mediocre hand.
Depending on what sort of game you play a hand over hand szenario is pretty common. Maybe not as common in tourneys, because you just dont see as many hands, but ive seen it a couple of times playing "Zoom Cashgame" on PS. Even suckouts like AA vs AA vs JJ and the third guy hits his J. So thats just part of the game. If you cant handle or atleast are willing to learn about variace poker is just not for you.

[....] you don't need proof that global poker themselves uses bots just any concerns and examples would be ok.

Why would a pokersite themselfs use bots? The amout of rake players generate is pretty huge if you think about it. Plus if that would ever come out. Lets say the next Edward Snowden was working for Globalpoker, they could just close theire site. And theire site is probably worth millions if not billions. So for me that sounds like a pretty bad deal.

J

joshuatng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply you two. The hand I was referring to I already folded so it didn't effect me as much I just found the bet on the river to be very bad and weird and with as much posts and complaints about bots being on global poker that's what raised the concerns from me. I can definitely handle variance what makes it really difficult though is lets say I did happen to stay in until the river and someone bet $54, personally for me it would make it really difficult to stay in after that unless I know I have everyone beaten. As far as global poker themselves using house bots I guess the concern there was to get a better rake but with them being licensed I'm sure if someone files a complaint they will get shutdown.

One person stated I might not be able to handle the variance. I respect your opinion so I'll put it this way, it's not that I can't handle the variance it's more of while I know I'm getting better I still have a long way to go on recognizing who the aggressive players are who will bet big when they have a mediocre hand and know that I should not fold because they're a loose aggressive player (meaning betting 30+ with 2 aces) and staying in with a strong two pair.

You two definitely helped me decide to stay with the global poker website.

Thanks

Joshua

J

joshuatng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat on the river.

Depending on what sort of game you play a hand over hand szenario is pretty common. Maybe not as common in tourneys, because you just dont see as many hands, but ive seen it a couple of times playing "Zoom Cashgame" on PS. Even suckouts like AA vs AA vs JJ and the third guy hits his J. So thats just part of the game. If you cant handle or atleast are willing to learn about variace poker is just not for you.

I know all about bad beats on the river, I myself lost at least 15 dollars before because someone wanted to stick it out until the river and got their flush and beat my 3 of a kind before. I appreciate your honesty and I'll add variance poker to my study list on how to take advantage of it and how to adjust my bet with it.

C

Chrisxxx9876

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Global poker

I play on global poker also and in reply to your post about using bots I really dont know but I have seen alot of things that make me wonder.I think alot of it is just inexperienced players betting on hands that a more expierieced player wouldnt.players online seem to be willing to gamble big on long shots.