Glitch in partypoker freeroll causes lesser prize to be awarded

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so this is a rant and a warning for others. I placed 2nd in CAD freeroll last week on partypoker. During that tourney their was a glitch in their system that affected a few tourneys. What happened in the freeroll is that 2 players were never taken off list when they were eliminated. As a result they ended up in 2nd and 3rd place even though both were eliminated long before final table. Final table wouldn't even start till down to six players cause it thought the other 2 players were still in. Everyone in list got bumped down 2 spots because of glitch. I was awarded a $33 ticket instead of $109. I waited a week for this to be resolved only to find out they are not gonna fix my account. They are saying I placed fourth but told me the hand I busted out with. Problem with that is that hand was final hand of tourney. How can I be in final hand of tourney and not place 2nd at least. They will not acknowledge this.

I've seen so many complaints for PartyPoker lately. Another tried withdrawing his winnings only to have his account locked. Is this the way PartyPoker handles their clients, ripping them off so they can save a few dollars. It's no wonder that their player base is so low compared to other sites.

I'm really upset about this as I played 6 hours to win that $109 ticket and now being denied prize. But what can I do, they can den y and nothing we can do. Is there anywhere I can report poker site for this stuff?

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes that is terrible, i have not seen any glitches in online poker myself and have never made a ticket or complaint so i wouldn't know what steps to take to do so. Very unfortunate this happen.
There are risks playing online poker but didn't think this would be one of them.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes that is terrible, i have not seen any glitches in online poker myself and have never made a ticket or complaint so i wouldn't know what steps to take to do so. Very unfortunate this happen.
There are risks playing online poker but didn't think this would be one of them.

My first time with any of this as well. Never had to complain before. Never been in a game that has been shut down/cancelled or had a glitch. I have placed in the money in this tournament 5 times in last 2 months and always got my proper ticket, including $2.20, $5.50, $11.00, $22.00 and last week the $109(which I am being denied). My game has consistently gotten better and I deserve that ticket lol

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, I actually spoke to supervisor at support over telephone cause regular support was being no help. I called back 4 times in a row to try to get someone to understand and help me. Supervisor actually denied me and kept saying tourney was cancelled and players were settled per their policy, but tourney never got cancelled it played to final hand. I think they gave my ticket to someone else like the person who shouldn't have been on the top of list to begin with and now they don't want to double pay that prize. Below is proof they need. I also have a email from them saying this was the hand I busted out with.
60051192_10157311504814772_321440360364507136_n.jpg

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a horrible company,giving you all those 'Free' tickets,,,,, :eek: Shame on them.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a horrible company,giving you all those 'Free' tickets,,,,, :eek: Shame on them.

That's not the point, wait till you put in 6 hours and get denied your prize. See how you feel.
;)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You complain about Party,call them scam artists,,,yet there you are playing the same freeroll again? Makes sense,,,, :stupid:

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You complain about Party,call them scam artists,,,yet there you are playing the same freeroll again? Makes sense,,,, :stupid:

So what, I enjoy the tourney and like PartyPoker actually and if this gets resolved I'll be happy. I'm just upset with how it's been handled so far and that I have to do all this and show proof to get them to admit their mistake.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
keep calm and stay focused.
I think that your title it's wrong, since they are not Scammers or such.
You said it yourself, that it was a glitch, and shit happens sometime.
You have to focus to get this things settled and resolved.
Don't accuse them to be the scammers or scam artist, they are one of the best poker site out there.
Party and pokerstars are 2 of the best out there, IMHO.
So, keep calm and stay in touch with them until it's resolved.

On the other hand, if you think someone is scamming you and you still going over there, well....

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep calm and stay focused.
I think that your title it's wrong, since they are not Scammers or such.
You said it yourself, that it was a glitch, and shit happens sometime.
You have to focus to get this things settled and resolved.
Don't accuse them to be the scammers or scam artist, they are one of the best poker site out there.
Party and PokerStars are 2 of the best out there, IMHO.
So, keep calm and stay in touch with them until it's resolved.

On the other hand, if you think someone is scamming you and you still going over there, well....

Your right, the title is wrong, it wasn't a scam per say. I guess I was a little upset and not in good state of mind when I posted this. I was just really frustrated after dealing with them earlier. And I actually really like the site and have never had a problem b4 getting proper payouts, but the way they dealt with this was horrible, giving me an excuse that wasn't true. They basically said the tourney was cancelled part way through and players were settled based on their positions but I'm sure they could bring up hand number and get info. The tourney played all the way through. It's like they were lying to me cause they gave it to someone else who shouldn't have gotten it and thry don't want to double pay that prize for their mistake.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's actually pretty bad costumer service from their part. You have proof that there was a glitch in their tournaments, yet they decide to deny your price. That would make not want to play in their rooms.

Personally, I haven't gotten any weird tournament breaking glitches on poker stars, other than the 200 billion hand celebration freeroll, which had over 200,000 participants... It froze for about a minute after each hand ended... I'm pretty sure it was due to the excessive field size.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so this is a rant and a warning for others. I placed 2nd in CAD freeroll last week on PartyPoker. During that tourney their was a glitch in their system that affected a few tourneys. What happened in the freeroll is that 2 players were never taken off list when they were eliminated. As a result they ended up in 2nd and 3rd place even though both were eliminated long before final table. Final table wouldn't even start till down to six players cause it thought the other 2 players were still in. Everyone in list got bumped down 2 spots because of glitch. I was awarded a $33 ticket instead of $109. I waited a week for this to be resolved only to find out they are not gonna fix my account. They are saying I placed fourth but told me the hand I busted out with. Problem with that is that hand was final hand of tourney. How can I be in final hand of tourney and not place 2nd at least. They will not acknowledge this.

I've seen so many complaints for PartyPoker lately. Another tried withdrawing his winnings only to have his account locked. Is this the way PartyPoker handles their clients, ripping them off so they can save a few dollars. It's no wonder that their player base is so low compared to other sites.

I'm really upset about this as I played 6 hours to win that $109 ticket and now being denied prize. But what can I do, they can den y and nothing we can do. Is there anywhere I can report poker site for this stuff?
YES you can do some thing about this....!!! As you have done here, make a very public complaint about this via a social media platform like Twitter... The information relating to this glitch hackers/scammers are always hunting for... The gambling licensing body in your country should be contactable too... Why not let party poker know and the gambling licencing body in the same Tweet... They say there is no such thing as bad publicity but how many off you would of crapped your pants if some one told you they were going to tell your mummy about you... Lol [emoji16] cases like this could result in licences being withdrawn and big fines imposed so it would benefit Partypoker to just get the issue sorted asap...

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good that I did not register in this suspicious site PartyPoker fraudsters, thanks for the warning. Now I know everything about this dubious poker resource!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I have always found Party very fair and very trusted room. The evidence should be quite easy to see as recently many pros have switched from Pokerstars to Party Poker.

They always take good care of us players this is from experience with them and my observation of them with other players.

I remember last year Cardschat had a promotion and I along with a few others won $215 tickets. In the the middle of tourney the client/server or something crashed. They stopped the tourney and persons who were still playing shared the prize collected. Everyone also received another $215 ticket to use the next week even a few players who had already busted out got another ticket.

Now directly to your post. You never once said in your post that you contacted Party Poker Support. How do you expect them to know that there is a problem if you don't report it. A simple screen shot of the glitch and I am sure that they would investigated it and made things right.

Also why would you wait so long to see if it clears up on its on. If it is was me as soon as saw the glitch I would have contacted Party Support via the live chat. They respond very fast in a minute or two you would have been speaking to someone to get it sorted.

Here at Cardschat we have Party Poker help thread.
Why don't you try reaching out to Ms. Collete Stewart explain the situation and see if she can help you out.
Here is the thread:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/partypoker-official-thread-274376/index31.html

Best of luck

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always found Party very fair and very trusted room. The evidence should be quite easy to see as recently many pros have switched from Pokerstars to Party Poker.

They always take good care of us players this is from experience with them and my observation of them with other players.

I remember last year Cardschat had a promotion and I along with a few others won $215 tickets. In the the middle of tourney the client/server or something crashed. They stopped the tourney and persons who were still playing shared the prize collected. Everyone also received another $215 ticket to use the next week even a few players who had already busted out got another ticket.

Now directly to your post. You never once said in your post that you contacted Party Poker Support. How do you expect them to know that there is a problem if you don't report it. A simple screen shot of the glitch and I am sure that they would investigated it and made things right.

Also why would you wait so long to see if it clears up on its on. If it is was me as soon as saw the glitch I would have contacted Party Support via the live chat. They respond very fast in a minute or two you would have been speaking to someone to get it sorted.

Here at Cardschat we have Party Poker help thread.
Why don't you try reaching out to Ms. Collete Stewart explain the situation and see if she can help you out.
Here is the thread:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/partypoker-official-thread-274376/index31.html

Best of luck

Sorry most of my proof and customer service responses are posted on facebook group for partypoker and this tournament. I called customer service 4 times trying to get someone to understand and then requested supervisor who denied me saying tourney was cancelled part way through and players were settled based on their positions as per their policy.

I think they made a mistake and don't want to admit it or pay double for that prize. I didn't think of posting hand history showing final hand and hand number, that I was in until after calls. The thing is, in their rejection email they even state the hand I was busted out with when heads up. How can they know that but not know it was final hand of tourney.

Hand history clearly shows timestamp for hand and that same minute the tourney ended. How can I be in final hand and not get 2nd at least? And this is something THEY could have easily verified but chose to try to screw me, probably hoping I'd take it and leave.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spoke to Colette morning after and she said she was aware and going to handle it. I waited patiently for 3 days then messaged and asked politely for update. She said it was with tech support for further resolution and that was all she knew. I log in this morning to see a post by 1rst place saying thank you Colette for cash, he got $215 in cash instead of ticket and everything was resolved with players apparently, but my account wasn't fixed.

Also the guy I was heads up with mentions me in comment on facebook group next day, congratulating me on a good heads up match. I know customer support doesn't see this but their is lots of proof. I am hoping Colette can fix this after seeing proof I posted on Facebook.

I was more upset because the $33 dollar ticket I do have expired at 00:51 today, EXACTLY seven days to the minute from end of tourney and issue of wrong ticket. My hand history timestamp even has same time on it as expiry date, just expiry is 7 days later to the minute as I said. I didn't want to use ticket cause they should have replaced it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I spoke to Colette morning after and she said she was aware and going to handle it. I waited patiently for 3 days then messaged and asked politely for update. She said it was with tech support for further resolution and that was all she knew. I log in this morning to see a post by 1rst place saying thank you Colette for cash, he got $215 in cash instead of ticket and everything was resolved with players apparently, but my account wasn't fixed.

Also the guy I was heads up with mentions me in comment on facebook group next day, congratulating me on a good heads up match. I know customer support doesn't see this but their is lots of proof. I am hoping Colette can fix this after seeing proof I posted on Facebook.

I was more upset because the $33 dollar ticket I do have expired at 00:51 today, EXACTLY seven days to the minute from end of tourney and issue of wrong ticket. My hand history timestamp even has same time on it as expiry date, just expiry is 7 days later to the minute as I said. I didn't want to use ticket cause they should have replaced it.

You're assuming a lot in each of your posts.
ie. I never got paid anything extra after also receiving the wrong ticket due to the glitch that day.
I rarely play that freeroll on PP - - it's filled with terrible players, half of whom complain about the site being rigged, with most of the other half complaining constantly in that Fb group (it's pathetic... & frankly embarrassing to be Canadian). The few times I've played is while doing other work on the computer. Last week I 'should've' won a $33... it gave me a $22. I mentioned, was told it was being sorted. I never received any compensation. Oh well. No biggy. AFAIK the tickets were for satellites... I had that $22 so I used it instead of waiting & risking it's expiry.

I've seen your posts all over Fb in every post /thread in that group and now on here too. fwiw, Partypoker is an excellent site and I feel they're making great strides to eliminate the huge monopoly that online poker 'had' become. Personally I do what I can to actually help promote the site.... because I want the site to continue to grow.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're assuming a lot in each of your posts.
ie. I never got paid anything extra after also receiving the wrong ticket due to the glitch that day.
I rarely play that freeroll on PP - - it's filled with terrible players, half of whom complain about the site being rigged, with most of the other half complaining constantly in that Fb group (it's pathetic... & frankly embarrassing to be Canadian). The few times I've played is while doing other work on the computer. Last week I 'should've' won a $33... it gave me a $22. I mentioned, was told it was being sorted. I never received any compensation. Oh well. No biggy. AFAIK the tickets were for satellites... I had that $22 so I used it instead of waiting & risking it's expiry.

I've seen your posts all over Fb in every post /thread in that group and now on here too. fwiw, Partypoker is an excellent site and I feel they're making great strides to eliminate the huge monopoly that online poker 'had' become. Personally I do what I can to actually help promote the site.... because I want the site to continue to grow.

Well your opinion is yours. I have never had a problem with them till this week. The way they handled it was ignorant despite what you think. You weren't on the phone with them, I was.

Anyhow Colette Stewart resolved this today. She really is everyone's saving grace when support won't help

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
see what I meant to stay on the course ....

This CC site is great, and people here are great.
Really helpfull.
Great bunch.
Keep us posted and say thanks to Party Poker and mention this how they resolved your issue.
:)

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see what I meant to stay on the course ....

This CC site is great, and people here are great.
Really helpfull.
Great bunch.
Keep us posted and say thanks to Party Poker and mention this how they resolved your issue.
:)

Done and done. I made sure I put it on both of my posts too saying thanks to Colette as soon as I woke up and saw her message. Thank you for your support.

Thank you to whoever fixed my title. I wanted to but couldn't after.

Party Guides: Dansk - Deutsch - Français - Svenska - Nederlands - Español - Partycasino Bonus Code - Polski - Português - Norsk - Suomi - PartyPoker NJ - PartyPoker Mobile - Party Casino - Deutsch Bonus Code