Found a new online poker site

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's called Global Poker.com and accepts US players. Anyone have exerience with them?:pcguru:

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called Global Poker.com and accepts US players. Anyone have exerience with them?:pcguru:

I have seen the advertising for this ooker room and have looked into it.

They have a very wierd way of paying out. They use something called "sweeps" cash which is what you get paid with when you win tournament or cash game pot. You have to buy something called "Gold coins" which is what u use to wager and play on the site. This is done in order to avoid some regulations I think. So it is pretty much like buying play chips too play on the site, which have no monetary value, then if you win, they give you sweep cash which they will exchange back to real money when you cashout.

So you deposit in "Gold Coins" (which have no monetary value and cannot be sold or withdrawn until wagered), You take the Gold Coins to the cash game table, wager it and if you win a pot your gold coins get turned to sweeps cash which can be converted back to gold coins or sold for USD (probably exchange rate of sorts)

Heres a link explaining the Sweepscash model - https://www.pokernews.com/news/2018/03/global-poker-sweeps-cash-model-how-does-it-work-30282.htm

I would avoid it personally, but as a Canadian I also have access to many large poker rooms.
I know Americans do not have such selection of poker rooms.

Last edited:
chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They have a very wierd way of paying out. They use something called "sweeps" cash which is what you get paid with when you win tournament or cash game pot. You have to buy something called "Gold coins" which is what u use to wager and play on the site. This is done in order to avoid some regulations I think. So it is pretty much like buying play chips too play on the site, which have no monetary value, then if you win, they give you sweep cash which they will exchange back to real money when you cashout.

So you deposit in "Gold Coins" (which have no monetary value and cannot be sold or withdrawn until wagered), You take the Gold Coins to the cash game table, wager it and if you win a pot your gold coins get turned to sweeps cash which can be converted back to gold coins or sold for USD (probably exchange rate of sorts)

Heres a link explaining the Sweepscash model - https://www.pokernews.com/news/2018/03/global-poker-sweeps-cash-model-how-does-it-work-30282.htm

I would avoid it personally, but as a Canadian I also have access to many large poker rooms.

And there they share?
No deposit bonus, for example. freerolls can be, but for real money?
Room itself is interesting, perhaps register.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And there they share?
No deposit bonus, for example. Freerolls can be, but for real money?
Room itself is interesting, perhaps register.

I've registered but have not yet played any of their games. I would like to see their games exclusively using ZeroCash or Ethereum.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeh same here, I have registered but have not played there yet.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I was not allowed to buy GoldCoins, since I'm domiciled within the US. That's why they should allow the buyins and cashouts with an exchange traded crypto. That is, if they want to attract US interest.

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've registered but have not yet played any of their games. I would like to I of see Their games EXCLUSIVELY using the ZeroCash or Ethereum.
ZeroCash? what is it? Cryptocurrency? As the ETH?

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That's not how it works. Gold coins and sweeps cash are entirely separate. You purchase gold coins which are equivalent to play money and you are given an equal amount of sweeps cash which is used for the equivalent of real money play and can be cashed out.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not allowed to buy GoldCoins, since I'm domiciled within the US. That's why they should allow the buyins and cashouts with an exchange traded crypto. That is, if they want to attract US interest.
You should be allowed to. US and canada are the only locations currently allowed to cash out. I haven't purchased or cashed out since they switched from paypal tho, maybe that's got something to do with it. Was it your card or the site that wouldn't let you?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am not interested in new poker sites because there are quite a lot of active sites with good reputation. I have an account on seven sites, but unfortunately I do not have enough time to play those tournaments that interest me.
Good luck.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should be allowed to. US and Canada are the only locations currently allowed to cash out. I haven't purchased or cashed out since they switched from Paypal tho, maybe that's got something to do with it. Was it your card or the site that wouldn't let you?

There are a few states in the US that don't allow you to buy their GoldCoins. I happen to live in one of those excluded jurisdictions.