the fairest site

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the site that i consider most decent in every way is called americas cardroom.
I tried to play in several, okay I am a guy from the microlimits and freerolls I will not deny.
but I realize that in ACR if you play minimally decent poker, you get a return.
and I'm quite honest in my opinions, the worst sites I found were pokerstars and 888 poker.
I find these two the most tilting and frustrating if you try to play right and not like crazy.
but it’s just my opinion.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may check out ACR sometime, based on good reviews.

But I am in 3 rooms already, and 888 keeps me plenty busy with free rolls. I do pretty well there. Just cashed out some $cratch the other day, went smooth.

I don't do well on Pokerstars. Seems the cards are always against me. Maybe because I have been there over 10 years and never deposited. Small bankroll of 65$ or so just sitting, a few cardschat minor freeroll wins here and there. Once I got top money with a final table deal.

Cheers !

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I tried to play in several, okay I am a guy from the microlimits and freerolls I will not deny.
and I'm quite honest in my opinions, the worst sites I found were pokerstars and 888 poker.
I find these two the most tilting and frustrating if you try to play right and not like crazy.

I completely agree with you Andrezito. I have never done as well as on ACR. Had a few cashouts on PS, but losing overall, really tough. If you play correctly on ACR, you definitely get ITM more often. Unfortunately, I can no longer open their client since they renovated their software. I tried everything possible and their tech support could not help, they just gave up and ended up ignoring my emails altogether. And that made me stop reinstalling it for good...

T

thirtysiiix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

But I am in 3 rooms already, and 888 keeps me plenty busy with free rolls. I do pretty well there. Just cashed out some $cratch the other day, went smooth.

I don't do well on Pokerstars. Seems the cards are always against me. Maybe because I have been there over 10 years and never deposited. Small bankroll of 65$ or so just sitting, a few cardschat minor freeroll wins here and there. Once I got top money with a final table deal.

Cheers !

do you really, really believe they hand better cards to players who deposit more?

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you really, really believe they hand better cards to players who deposit more?

Don't some rooms even admit that for spins, etc, you have better odds if you are a higher stakes player, etc.. ?

I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me that there are some secret controls in some rooms' software that gives them some such power.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Cheers !

Same story here with PS, but I don't like 888's structures, never done good there either :eek:. But I do recommend ACR, I think you should try it. Kind of smoother than PS. GL.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi, sounds like an ACR promotion. ;) I don't believe in fair and rigged rooms. They are all the same for me.

T

thirtysiiix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, sounds like an ACR promotion. ;) I don't believe in fair and rigged rooms. They are all the same for me.

yep.. there is no reason to rig the games.
sounds like a conspiracy theory :rolleyes:

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is the same game everywhere. The room does not matter guys. There is a lot of luck and variance and on stars also you have togher competition.

The fairest sites are acr, party and 888 imo.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, I forgot, I just deposited 10$ on Pokerstars 3 weeks ago to get into the bonus cardschat canadian freerolls. Oddly enough I got in 7th or so today and won around 10$ . Maybe my luck will turn there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't some rooms even admit that for spins, etc, you have better odds if you are a higher stakes player, etc.. ?

Like any other businesses gambling sites are allowed to design loyalty and reward programs, as they wish. They are often also not the same in different countries, even though there is a shared player pool. If you are a regular visitor and big spender in a night-club, they migth also give you free entrance or other benefits. But this does not mean, they will assist you in putting drugs into the drinks of your date, so you can rape her.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have not played on ACR, so I can not comment on game quality there, but in general if you compare similar games across sites, it really should not be all that different. And barring overly raked games, micro stakes are beatable everywhere, if you just play fundamentally sound poker and manage your emotions (tilt).

I think, you might also underestimate, how much you actually need to play to get near your true long term results. You say, you have played on several sites, but how many hands on each and what kind of games? In cash games you can have runs of 100.000 or more hands, where you run significantly above or below expectations, and with tournaments there is even more variance. So quite possibly you have just experienced a sunshine run on ACR over a small sample of hands.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always played at pokerstars, I have never made a deposit and I have already achieved good results there, so I believe it is a good poker site. I recently started playing 888 Poker and also had a good experience there.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have some of you people played on WPN before? This almost looks like WPN reps creating accounts to come on here and pump their software up. I just don't see how anyone could think it's a good site. Worst support ever, have you tried dealing with Win-e yet? Might as well not even pretend like they have live chat. They will try to say it's still in the Beta phase but while they are working that out they could at least have the option to connect to an assistant after asking the magic 8 ball a question.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have some of you people played on WPN before? This almost looks like WPN reps creating accounts to come on here and pump their software up. I just don't see how anyone could think it's a good site. Worst support ever, have you tried dealing with Win-e yet? Might as well not even pretend like they have live chat. They will try to say it's still in the Beta phase but while they are working that out they could at least have the option to connect to an assistant after asking the magic 8 ball a question.

Their Support always answers me quick. Do they help? Hmm more or less :p depends how complicated your issue is.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely PokerStars.Stylish beautiful software, many games, everything is simple and clear, withdrawal of funds without any problems.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely PokerStars.Stylish beautiful software, many games, everything is simple and clear, withdrawal of funds without any problems.

you are must be a shill or living in fantasy land dude. im not even going to argue :eek:

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find 888 good latetly tbh.. new change new promos freespins daily twice that actually pay something, decent freerolls... yet stars freerolls are bad 200$ pot with 10k people running..

yet 888 had the club freerolls with decent prizes now.
so its 888 for me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are must be a shill or living in fantasy land dude. im not even going to argue :eek:

But its true. PokerStars might not always have the softest games, the lowest rake or the best reward program, but they are certainly industry leading, when it comes to other parts of the playing experience like game selection, software and seemless withdrawals. How many americans would truly bother with sites like ACR or Betonline, if they were still allowed to play on Stars? I think, it would be very few.

And for me personally I would also still be playing on Stars was it not for those issues with game quality and rake. I mainly play MTTs now, and up to 22$ these are 20% more expensive on Stars. I see no reason to pay that extra money, when a site like 888 Poker also has a large selection of MTTs and a good enough playing experience. But I might well return to Stars again, should I decide to play more SnGs or cash games, or to give those 22+$ MTTs a shot.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But its true. PokerStars might not always have the softest games, the lowest rake or the best reward program, but they are certainly industry leading, when it comes to other parts of the playing experience like game selection, software and seemless withdrawals. How many americans would truly bother with sites like ACR or Betonline, if they were still allowed to play on Stars? I think, it would be very few.

And for me personally I would also still be playing on Stars was it not for those issues with game quality and rake. I mainly play MTTs now, and up to 22$ these are 20% more expensive on Stars. I see no reason to pay that extra money, when a site like 888 Poker also has a large selection of MTTs and a good enough playing experience. But I might well return to Stars again, should I decide to play more SnGs or cash games, or to give those 22+$ MTTs a shot.

Thread is called "the fairest site" and you said it yourself that they have like 20 % rake on micro mtt's. So are we really argue here if stars is the fairest site? Ever heard of the supernova elite debacle? Or their long time sponsored pro negreanu telling people that "more rake is better?"

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thread is called "the fairest site" and you said it yourself that they have like 20 % rake on micro mtt's. So are we really argue here if stars is the fairest site? Ever heard of the supernova elite debacle? Or their long time sponsored pro negreanu telling people that "more rake is better?"

Sure but people also need to get over this and move on. "Supernova elite" is not coming back, and its not like other sites are exactly nursing professional players either. The main competitor to Stars these days is GG Poker, who have taken over DNEG as embassador, and they even prohibit "bum hunting".

Also high rake in micro MTTs obviously only matter, if these are the games, you play. Cash game rake is lower on Stars than most other sites, and SnG rake is also fair except for 6-18 mans at the lowest limits. And Stars have games, you just dont find on other sites. Some forum members are waiting in excitement for the MicroMillions main event, which is a 22$ MTT with a $1 million guaranty.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Just in what way? All sites are fair if you mean fair play, I don't think any poker room cheats exist. In fact, poker rooms fight against foul play by players.