Extinct online Poker rooms that we miss

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker 770, it was my first poker room and first place when I won tournament.
I have deleted account when they were sold to netbet

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Virgin Poker, I won entry to a live tournament at DTD Nottingham. My one and only live game. I worked out I haven't got a poker face.

2 years ago I freerolled my way to a live tournament at DTD through party poker satellites. It was that easy to get in that I actually got 3 entries and attended twice, My experience is exactly like yours. Been playing online for years but totally off my game when sat at a table. Made a huge mistake folding a set of 10's early on when I could have used my re-entry with a bigger stack had I made a bad call.

Shortly after that they reduced the value of the tournament and made the satellites harder, before dropping it completely. Never played live since.

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have an old poker room that has closed down that they miss? For me, it was bugsysclub. That was an old out of the way poker room that not many people had heard of or played, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. They had good beatable freerolls and cheap buyin tourneys. I even won my first real money tournament on there; a 1 cent tourney where I won $40.
I won a free free roll a couple of days ago, I was given $ 2.5 I immediately registered in the tournament for $ 2.2 With a prize of $ 8,000 There were 1,500 people at the end of the registers. Rebaev no. If you count, then the people who went there contributed just $ 3000 and $ 5000 paid the poker room :) These tournaments are not enough.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Cake Poker, AP, fulltiltpoker, Betsson poker (and similar to betsson - but in blue colours, I dont remember name), Carbon. There were some :)

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a free free roll a couple of days ago, I was given $ 2.5 I immediately registered in the tournament for $ 2.2 With a prize of $ 8,000 There were 1,500 people at the end of the registers. Rebaev no. If you count, then the people who went there contributed just $ 3000 and $ 5000 paid the poker room :) These tournaments are not enough.

Which site? Sounds like ACR maybe. But whatever the site was, it sounds like it is a current site. Though if it keeps running gtd tourneys that don't crack the gtd, then it won't be around forever.

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know, I immediately started playing poker it was a long time ago, as if it were 20 years ago.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The old Fullt Tilt Poker
Sunpoker
and Everest Poker (original software)
and some iPoker skins (Chili, TonyG, Chandler)
Ongame like Hollywoodpoker etc.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Still miss worldplay even though it was only play money ..

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some online poker rooms I played at and many people have probably never heard of them,but I liked playing at BigBet Poker,FatBet Poker,Poker Time.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iplayed at everest poker ,wehre you get points wenn you play with real money and when you have enough points you can take them for a by-in for a tournement ,but this server is closed for german players ,why I dont know

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Iplayed at Everest poker, where you get points when you play with real money and when you have enough points you can take them for a by-in for a tournament, but this server is closed for german players, why I don't know
Probably can't get a license to operate in germany ..

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Empire Poker was one of the first I played and really enjoyed it there.

I

iuly1209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute Poker
I miss playing against Potripper
Soon to be defunct 888 poker kinda like the one above. Miss them already

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt was the first site I played on! :D

It was a good site before stars bought it due to obvious reasons .

Once played a poker site in beta looked amazing, I was then dealt 4 cards in Holdem and the flop gave me six of kind I somehow still lost, Never played there again..

leoronin

leoronin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oddsmaker but now on betonline which is great

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
pkr poker, heaven poker and ma old favor pinnacle poker now it is only sportbook

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The old Fullt Tilt Poker

this ainec!!!!!

I liked Fulltilt 100x more than all other sites combined! It was awesome!

Others I miss.... the 'old' DoylesRoom before it got moved... again.. & again & again. (back when it was on microgaming network).

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good site before stars bought it due to obvious reasons .

Once played a poker site in beta looked amazing, I was then dealt 4 cards in Holdem and the flop gave me six of kind I somehow still lost, Never played there again..

Did you lose to 7 of a kind?

SIRREAPER

SIRREAPER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerroom.com, the community "Pokah" was unbeatable there, still have the shirt in perfect shape I got from them "Meet Them & Beat Them"....end of an era when that place shut down and semi cloned the skin over to Bwin. I remember starting out there playing the Saturday $1 and taking 2nd for a decent chunk of change and then winning it the following Saturday on my birthday, the beauty was that guys in the lobby were all saying yeah well you wont get far this time etc, end up winning the bloddy thing. hahah. good times.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cake was where I played in 2009. I was lucky to get my funds off the site. :p

I miss Cake Poker for sure! I freerolled my way into a little bankroll and really took off with it into a bigger one. Loved playing in their Guaranteed MTT's . I was also lucky to get paid out before they ended up changes things up and selling it. Then made it so Cake wasn't for US players anymore and forced us onto their sister US site JuicyStakes . JuicyStakes will never be like the old Cake days. I even remember still having some gold cards from ring games which they stopped doing so never got to use those up.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many poker rooms that I miss. Full Tilt definetly is the first, the best software ever and also was the poker room that I had my best results. I miss some ipoker rooms too, like noble poker and paddy power poker (still exist, but they don’t accept players from my country anymore) :(