Do you think that in some room bad beats are more frequent?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't talk about manipulation or anything like that, I just want to know your impression. In my case, I think that in 888 the river always kills my nuts. And what do you think?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you must get used to handling the river pain.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think its just 888 that has frequent bad beats. pokerstars has the same amount bad beats as well. And I am sure party poker has its fair share of bad beats.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you find yourself using the terms always & never in poker discussions, you are probably starting to tilt a bit. I always make sure to never think in these terms when evaluating my play. ;)

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you find yourself using the terms always & never in poker discussions, you are probably starting to tilt a bit. I always make sure to never think in these terms when evaluating my play. ;)

It's good advice Kenzie, thanks!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't talk about manipulation or anything like that, I just want to know your impression. In my case, I think that in 888 the river always kills my nuts. And what do you think?
Nope. Not always, but usually when it matters the most.

888 and Stars is very similar - Stars is more pronounced. Party poker does it too, but is milder and more likely to just get you through blind attrition (card death). Even Bet Online and Sports Betting Poker does the same, although not nearly with the same frequency as the rest.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
The RNG's are basically the same at all the sites afaik so which site shouldn't matter.

When I play in the lounge room I don't get as lucky as I do when I play in the dining room, but if I'm playin on the bog I get really lucky and it doesn't kill my nuts when I pee like some old guys like Kenzie get.

How are the twins doing Kenzie? :vroam:

;)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that bad beats happen with the same frequency in all the poker rooms. I don't think there is a special one, I don't think the software is designed to make someone specific lose, only bad beats happen in poker that's all

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The RNG's are basically the same at all the sites afaik so which site shouldn't matter.

When I play in the lounge room I don't get as lucky as I do when I play in the dining room, but if I'm playin on the bog I get really lucky and it doesn't kill my nuts when I pee like some old guys like Kenzie get.

How are the twins doing Kenzie? :vroam:

;)

I pretty much get the luckiest in the bathroom.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nope. Not always, but usually when it matters the most.

888 and Stars is very similar - Stars is more pronounced. Party poker does it too, but is milder and more likely to just get you through blind attrition (card death). Even Bet Online and Sports Betting Poker does the same, although not nearly with the same frequency as the rest.

How can you possibly quantify this? Sorry.. for me this sounds ridiculous.

OP. I find zero difference between any of the rooms.... and I have felt this way since 2007... even while playing on Absolute Poker & UltimateBet (great rooms by the way... I miss them :( ). But then again I never sat on PotRipper's tables so maybe if I was Brad Booth I would feel a bit different about this.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players create more bad beats, because they call you in situations, where they should have folded, and of course they are sometimes going to realize their equity. So maybe 888 Poker has worse players, which is exactly, what we want.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the information. I thought register on 888 poker, but perhaps will remain true PokerStars.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all sites use the same MAX action RNG. If they dont keep these any 2 players around theres ALOT of money to lose!!

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know but i stopped playing on stars because if A on river..

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the flop it's trying to tell u to bet hard or they are weak hands or 2nd best nuts something like that!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bad beats are the same everywhere , I just pray to happen as less as possible to me :) It's really very frustrating playing for an hour or more , then someone mini- raises at HJ , I go all with AQ I think it was on the BB for few blinds , he calls with J5o lol , and 3 5s on the flop , LOOOLLLL :)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think we can talk mathematical analysis here - that would require quantum computer or very advanced classical.
But as far as impressions go - yes, I completely agree for 888. Pokerstars are better in this regard and partypoker even more.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your fortunate enough to go many different sites then you have advantage.

I find at ACR that on the cash table i see way more coolers than beats. In tourneys more aggression presents more beats.

I always said cash played different than tourney and since ACR rep has confirmed they are on different servers. I ask if they use separate RNG or try and seed them but still haven't received a response yet. Sure they do just like to hear it from them. Getting interesting isnt it?:top:

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play poker bad beats are the same everywhere.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 I do not want to install, thanks to the laws of my country

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro, that's ramdom... when I started to play on pokerstars I used to hate that site...

But then I realize that is just our memory, selecting "rivers". Because you will see just a few rivers in a session.

So... To be honest if you want to improve your game just ignore the thinking of "witch site you have more bad beats" this is not the best way to think about the game.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't say I agree with that. It's not a particular site handing out more bad beats than another. It's whatever site wants to give you bad beats at whatever time.

For example, I cashed in the BetOnline freeroll yesterday. Today, every single flop with KK I have seen an ace on. I was dealt KK about 5 times and AA about 3 or 4 times in an hour. I got stacked two times by players successfully set-mining me, first against trip Kings (they flopped a full house) and then against two-pair AQ with a set of Jacks. No action at all for my aces or kings otherwise.

So.. It's not a matter of a site consistently handing out bad beats. It is a matter of where you find yourself on a given day and you run completely differently when your bankroll is to diminish.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars cash out option on cash tables is good. you know when you get your chips in good you will get sucked out on. I took a cash out yesterday for 90 percent of pot where I would have lost the hand at the river. doesn't always save you, but it's a help

qb93

qb93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've found that if i play bigger stakes, alot more badbeats happen.:(