Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I recently started playing again with all the special freerolls, so far I gathered $50 bankroll and now want to start playing cash games, but this tables called my attention and I don't find what bomb pot tables are

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bomb Pots are a feature of some ACR cash games. Randomly (once every 15 or so minutes) the bomb drops and everyone at the table pays 5X (?) BB, the button is randomized, and everyone sees a Flop. The betting proceeds normally from there.

The things I'm not certain about are the placement of the Button after the Bomb Pot (does it go back to the player who would have had it before the Bomb Pot?), and participation of players "Sitting Out". I'm sure I was sitting out once when a Bomb Pot hit, and I was put into the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bomb Pots are a feature of some ACR cash games.
They got the idea from live cash games. For instance bomb pots were used in the now discontinued Stones stream.
Randomly (once every 15 or so minutes) the bomb drops and everyone at the table pays 5X (?) BB, the button is randomized, and everyone sees a Flop. The betting proceeds normally from there.
Yeah think its 4 times an hour or so.
The things I'm not certain about are the placement of the Button after the Bomb Pot (does it go back to the player who would have had it before the Bomb Pot?)
I think so, or at least this would make sense, so that nobody are rewarded or penalized by the bomb pots.
and participation of players "Sitting Out". I'm sure I was sitting out once when a Bomb Pot hit, and I was put into the hand.
I dont think, players sitting out are dealt into bomb pots, or at least that would make no sense, because what is the sit-out function then for? However I think, players waiting for the blinds to come around are dealt into bomb pots. So if you just sat down or came back from a break and decided to not post but wait for the blinds, you will take part in a bomb pot.
They are good for generating rake.
They are also good for making otherwise boring cash games more interesting for recreational players :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play those tables you will need to play a couple of hands (randomly) paying 5x the BB pre flop (same with all the players on the table). I don't like these type of tables, I always try to avoid them, but unfortunately somestimes they are the only one available.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are a big reason why I don't really play on ACR anymore, all the fish go to them and they eat up your EV and increase variance.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Thank you all guys for your responses, it sounds difficult of course for recreational players might be fun but if in that time you get dealt 72o it's like ¿:D? very fun but not that fun thou.

For now, I think I will be avoiding them, and stay with regular tables try to find some fishes in there and maybe win some extra cash Also my favorite format it's SNGs for now but I'm trying to learn more of cash games

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The things I'm not certain about are the placement of the Button after the Bomb Pot (does it go back to the player who would have had it before the Bomb Pot?), and participation of players "Sitting Out". I'm sure I was sitting out once when a Bomb Pot hit, and I was put into the hand.
Yes, the button returns to where it would have been before the bomb pot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the fish go to them and they eat up your EV and increase variance.
If they are full of fish, then it seems to me like, they almost have to be more profitable than other tables, if you just learn how to play the bomb pots reasonably well ;)

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
add-on in bank inogda falls and gets