Do you do better on some sites than others

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to do better on the Ipoker network than others.:):):)

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I have been more successful on unibet then on pokerstars.

I have been playing those spin&go, and in my experiences UniBet was giving out bigger prize pool.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty sure they have control on how loose the cards come out. Play seems to vary from site to site and thats fact.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few years ago I ran really badly in Stars and really well in Winamax. Last year it was upside-down and now I run really badly both of those. And I just made an account to ACR thanks for CC and freerolls and now it feels like that I'm running really well there :D

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am pretty sure they have control on how loose the cards come out. Play seems to vary from site to site and thats fact.

Agree. I am not going to name sites in a negative context (in part because CardsChat obviously has a good faith relationship with many) but my results vary wildly from one site to another and yet my style of play varies little if at all.

I've had periods of weeks/months where I have stopped playing a site because it literally felt I had been blackballed. And, its not like I believe I am targeted personally as such, it's more the impression I get is people are put loose streams...favored, unfavored etc.

It can be an eye opener to get off the pay sites and play at a private/member practice poker site with a certified RNG and find you get bad and good hands with balance. But then, of course, there is no incentive to tilt the algorithm for this type of site...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Agree. I am not going to name sites in a negative context (in part because CardsChat obviously has a good faith relationship with many) but my results vary wildly from one site to another and yet my style of play varies little if at all.

Well said. That also sums up my view on the subject as well.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Yes,I´m doing it better on 888 ,because of the many freerolls it offers.I am happy that I can withdraw regularly. from that site.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Unless you're equally bad it's probably quite hard to be "as good" in 2+ different sites therefore obvious answer is yes ;)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s normal to play 888 Poker, party poker and i-poker. A good player can play at many poker rooms in plus. Look at the statistics of the positive regulars. )))

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think part of it is structural and other is sample size. You could have 2 sites that offer 6max hypers, but one will pay 1st 66% and the other will pay 60% which changes the icm. Other things like difference in rake or starting stack sizes will also impact the results.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sites with small fields tournaments will be "easier" since variance will not come always...

Pokerstars it is the most difficult site because the large number of players... ;)

So yes, I do perform well in other sites than pokerstars :3

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya I did a lot better on Pokerstars and FTP than on these shitty sites Americans get to play on now :(.

I think these sites have some highly questionable RNGs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to be doing better in tournaments on 888 Poker than on PokerStars. I attribute it to a combination of softer games and variance. For cash games and single table SnGs my results are similar between the two sites.

lnm2308

lnm2308

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I usually do badly at all hahaha! , but beyond that what I have noticed is that in certain places the coolers predominate in exponential ways and in a constant way, clearly so that the wells are larger and the rake is rising!:(

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
well that's a matter of everyone if you have a solid game you will be fine where you play but with respect to the different ones if they differ a lot there is room that are more tragic than others lol

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better on some

I do agree there seems to be a marked difference in results on some sites. On 888 and ACR I seem to do well with variances on both when luck is in a downward cycle (like right now) However, Pokerstars is a different story, I haven't done well there in two years. My winning or in the money % in 2018 was over 30% of tourneys played, usually $5 or less entries. Since mid 2018 I don't think Ive placed in the money in 2% of tourneys played on Pokerstars. Don't know why, my style of play is pretty standard, Tight-aggressive, with few if any all ins. This kind of discrepancy has led me to play only free rolls or play money on Pokerstars.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you also have to take into consideration the competence of the player pool and stakes you are playing.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Best of all, I play PokerStars and 888Poker. I believe that all poker rooms are the same, in each I can win and lose, it depends on my experience, skill, mood and well-being, as well as on how my opponents play. I really like poker rooms like SportsBetting, BetOnline and AmericasCardroom, but there I play much less often.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the sites from the old days that I ran well at are no longer an option being from the United States. Back then when you were running bad at one place you had a lot more options to play where you were running good and more comfortable.