Do not understand the speed classifications on ACR anyone else?

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys/Gals

As above I do not understand the speed ratings of tournaments on ACR, do they make sense to anyone else?

Looking at the Venom steps for instance skip two is classed as a turbo. Levels are 5 minutes and after 10 levels blinds are 3,000/6000.

However step 2 is also rated as a turbo but blinds are 12 minutes and after 10 levels blinds are only 300/600.

So what they hell is going on with the speed classification? Turbo seems absolutely meaningless and does not seem to reflect the tournament.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it's best to bring this up in the official ACR thread so the representative is aware of it. They may be able to adjust things if you bring it to their attention.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys/Gals

As above I do not understand the speed ratings of tournaments on ACR, do they make sense to anyone else?

Looking at the Venom steps for instance skip two is classed as a turbo. Levels are 5 minutes and after 10 levels blinds are 3,000/6000.

However step 2 is also rated as a turbo but blinds are 12 minutes and after 10 levels blinds are only 300/600.

So what they hell is going on with the speed classification? Turbo seems absolutely meaningless and does not seem to reflect the tournament.

Hi, let me clarify your concerns, note that 8 to 12min blinds are considered normal speed, while 5-6min blinds are considered turbo. However, the speed classification you refer to is related to the time to act on each turn and while in most cases it matches the Blinds' speed, in some particular cases, it might be different. In any case, we will forward your specific report to the Tournaments team so they may review if there is any error. Thank you...

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, let me clarify your concerns, note that 8 to 12min blinds are considered normal speed, while 5-6min blinds are considered turbo. However, the speed classification you refer to is related to the time to act on each turn and while in most cases it matches the Blinds' speed, in some particular cases, it might be different. In any case, we will forward your specific report to the Tournaments team so they may review if there is any error. Thank you...
e

Oh okay, thanks for your reply. that clears it up a bit. Never seen the classification applied to decisions rather than blinds before which seems an unusual way of doing it but thanks for the update, at least it helps explain the situation.