Differing reviews

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I search pokerstars reviews online there thousands if not millions of people saying they’ve been ripped off. They cheat? Here it says they assure randomness. Every one who’s played loves it?

Can anyone tell me who to believe?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I search pokerstars reviews online there thousands if not millions of people saying they’ve been ripped off. They cheat? Here it says they assure randomness. Every one who’s played loves it?

I can tell you that what you assert above is not true & any semi serious search, will show that, so just decide what you want to believe & go with that.
icon14.gif

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I search pokerstars reviews online there thousands if not millions of people saying they’ve been ripped off. They cheat?

Poker is a zero sum game with rake, so naturally most people end up losing. And rather than take responsibility for their losses, a lot of people look for someone or something else to blame.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To believe or not to believe is your choice and your right. I have accounts on 5 different sites, including PokerStars, and on each of these sites I play and withdraw money without any problems. The game gives me pleasure and this is the main thing for me.

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To believe or not to believe is your choice and your right. I have accounts on 5 different sites, including PokerStars, and on each of these sites I play and withdraw money without any problems. The game gives me pleasure and this is the main thing for me.

Why then, do they use different card randomizing systems in play money and real money? Love to see a screen shot of a withdrawal? Or maybe you get paid for good reviews.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of these people were tricked by other players at the poker table in a fair fight, not the poker room.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why then, do they use different card randomizing systems in play money and real money? Love to see a screen shot of a withdrawal? Or maybe you get paid for good reviews.

You posted something very similar half a year ago, where you found it weird and suspicious, that the Stars group is offering play money games from a different branch of the company than real money games. As if there was anything unusual at all about large corporations have a leaf structure with several sub companies.

Now look. If you dont trust a certain poker site for whatever reason, then dont play there. Its pretty much as simple as that. But dont expect, that everyone else have to agree with you or need to stop playing as well. I have decent results on PokerStars, and I like the game selection particularly in the SnG lobby. The fact of the matter is, if you want to play SnGs, you are not going to find the same amount of action on any other site.

I also like, that withdrawals are fast and seemless. I think, the software is excellent. And finally I think, Stars have one of the best if not the best security team in the business. So I feel, the playing environment is very secure with a low risk, that other players are cheating against me by colluding or using illegal software.

And for all those reasons I dont care, if a million people post some nonsense on the internet about, how they think, Stars has cheated them out of their money. Until someone post some actual evidence, which nobody has done so far, they are just a bunch of sour losers, as far as I am concerned.

Does this mean, Stars is perfect? Certainly not. Some games have to much rake in my opinion, the reward program is pretty bad, and some games are also very reg infested. So it makes sense to check out other poker sites as well. Which I have, since I have put in a lot of volume on 888 Poker as well. But I still find myself coming back to Stars for the SnGs, and if I decided to get back into cash games, it might well be the same. You can check out my results on Stars on sharkscope:

SharkScope - Online and Live Poker Statistics

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted a question not an accusation

You posted something very similar half a year ago, where you found it weird and suspicious, that the Stars group is offering play money games from a different branch of the company than real money games. As if there was anything unusual at all about large corporations have a leaf structure with several sub companies.

Now look. If you dont trust a certain poker site for whatever reason, then dont play there. Its pretty much as simple as that. But dont expect, that everyone else have to agree with you or need to stop playing as well. I have decent results on PokerStars, and I like the game selection particularly in the SnG lobby. The fact of the matter is, if you want to play SnGs, you are not going to find the same amount of action on any other site.

I also like, that withdrawals are fast and seemless. I think, the software is excellent. And finally I think, Stars have one of the best if not the best security team in the business. So I feel, the playing environment is very secure with a low risk, that other players are cheating against me by colluding or using illegal software.

And for all those reasons I dont care, if a million people post some nonsense on the internet about, how they think, Stars has cheated them out of their money. Until someone post some actual evidence, which nobody has done so far, they are just a bunch of sour losers, as far as I am concerned.

Does this mean, Stars is perfect? Certainly not. Some games have to much rake in my opinion, the reward program is pretty bad, and some games are also very reg infested. So it makes sense to check out other poker sites as well. Which I have, since I have put in a lot of volume on 888 Poker as well. But I still find myself coming back to Stars for the SnGs, and if I decided to get back into cash games, it might well be the same. You can check out my results on Stars on Sharkscope:

SharkScope - Online and Live Poker Statistics

Okay. Sub companies normal. Why?

And I never asked anyone to believe me about anything. I simply asked a question. To which no one has an answer. Based on your defensiveness, and knowledge of the games I play, I can only assume you work for them or maybe you own some of their falling stock.

I play very well, and I know bad beats are a part of poker. I never bet more than I’m willing to lose. I simply had some questions.

Finally, I’ve already seen this copy and paste reply, I’m looking for new insights.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I simply asked a question. To which no one has an answer.

What question and what do you want someone to tell you? Like "I signed up to this forum about moon-landings. How come there are people here, who believe, the moon-landings actually took place? On the internet I can find lot of people saying, they did not take place, and how can that possibly be wrong?"

Its also not true at all, that "everyone" here say, online poker is not rigged. In fact there is a ton of posts in CC forum about "rigged online poker". The "rigged megathread" has around 13.000 replies, and within the last 7 days there has been activity in the following threads in "poker rooms", which are all a variation of the theme "online poker is rigged".

* Differing reviews (this one)
* Is 888 rigged
* Win at PokerStars
* freerolls and bots at 888 tables
* Americas Cardroom is bingo poker
* PokerStars betting formula 101
* All rigged

Based on your defensiveness, and knowledge of the games I play, I can only assume you work for them or maybe you own some of their falling stock.

Just because someone dont buy into all this conspiracy nonsense does not mean, they are working for a poker site or are part of the conspiracy. If that was actually the case, and if PokerStars had somehow rigged the site for me to win, then I can promise you, I would not have been playing for an average buyin of just over 3$, as you can see from my Sharkscope profile ;)

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars is no exception here compared to other poker rooms. Many players are suspicious every time they lose a hand in which they had a higher percentage chance than an opponent. And when they win the hand in which they were worse, then everything is OK ...

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Okay. Sub companies normal. Why?

And I never asked anyone to believe me about anything. I simply asked a question. To which no one has an answer. Based on your defensiveness, and knowledge of the games I play, I can only assume you work for them or maybe you own some of their falling stock.

I play very well, and I know bad beats are a part of poker. I never bet more than I’m willing to lose. I simply had some questions.

Finally, I’ve already seen this copy and paste reply, I’m looking for new insights.
Firstly, if one works for PokerStars- one is not eligible to play at PokerStars.

This is a very standard and common condition when working for a company which offers betting/gambling services (as well as when working for companies which provide many other services), to the extent that there's a fair probability that it is a requirement when applying for licensing with the relevant gaming commission/authority.

Secondly, I've been following and enjoying fundiver's contributions on cardschat for some time now and would be willing to wager (all of the betting discs) that this member has never once 'copy pasted' a reply on this thread or any other on CC for that matter.

Finally, you probably need to come to your own conclusions regarding individual poker sites as it seems if anyone has a differing opinion to yours- you seem to automatically believe they have some dark agenda, are in cahoots with the corporate machine or are somehow employed or a shareholder of said organisation.

Doesn't that seem a little far-fetched or paranoid at all? :eek:

Similarly to fundiver, I have profited well at Stars and (usually) have no issues withdrawing*.

It's understandably difficult to remain objective when we're suffering the rough end of variance and it seems like everything is against us but Oldstrings, please, bear in mind that this is a community of poker lovers, run by poker lovers, for poker lovers! :)

The implication being that we're not all here 'out to get you' or to trick you into believing whopping great untruths. :wink:

All the best! :love:

*That being said Stars did ask me recently to confirm my identity with I.D. documents again (for the second time) which was far from pleasing and rather annoying considering my passport has expired, but they have valid reasons to ask people to confirm their identity and once you've done so the withdrawals are quick and easy.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, if one works for PokerStars- one is not eligible to play at PokerStars.

The sponsored pros are allowed to play, but pretty sure you are right, that ordinary employees are not. And for sure not those working with things like software development or security ;)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to believe in randomness, because when I do not believe in it I stop playing!

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never said it was rigged just asked a question.

What question and what do you want someone to tell you? Like "I signed up to this forum about moon-landings. How come there are people here, who believe, the moon-landings actually took place? On the internet I can find lot of people saying, they did not take place, and how can that possibly be wrong?"

Its also not true at all, that "everyone" here say, online poker is not rigged. In fact there is a ton of posts in CC forum about "rigged online poker". The "rigged megathread" has around 13.000 replies, and within the last 7 days there has been activity in the following threads in "poker rooms", which are all a variation of the theme "online poker is rigged".

* Differing reviews (this one)
* Is 888 rigged
* Win at PokerStars
* Freerolls and bots at 888 tables
* Americas Cardroom is bingo poker
* PokerStars betting formula 101
* All rigged

Just because someone dont buy into all this conspiracy nonsense does not mean, they are working for a poker site or are part of the conspiracy. If that was actually the case, and if PokerStars had somehow rigged the site for me to win, then I can promise you, I would not have been playing for an average buyin of just over 3$, as you can see from my Sharkscope profile ;)

Never said it was rigged. I was looking for perspective of differing options. People can be curious with out being jaded.
But again my question was not answered: Why different randomized dealing programs for play money and real money?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The sponsored pros are allowed to play, but pretty sure you are right, that ordinary employees are not. And for sure not those working with things like software development or security ;)
No, no, even the sponsored pros! :biggrin:

Stars sponsor them, pay them loads of cash to act as influencers/ambassadors and then contractually oblige them to play on ALL OTHER SITES and NEVER on Stars. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

</sarcasm>

Thought that team pros and online team pros playing on their parent site fell under the 'bleeding obvious' category fundiver me ol' matey... :wink: :p :love:

Will give you this; you're nothing if not thorough! :)

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your thoughtful reply

This is a very standard and common condition when working for a company which offers betting/gambling services (as well as when working for companies which provide many other services), to the extent that there's a fair probability that it is a requirement when applying for licensing with the relevant gaming commission/authority.

Secondly, I've been following and enjoying fundiver's contributions on cardschat for some time now and would be willing to wager (all of the betting discs) that this member has never once 'copy pasted' a reply on this thread or any other on CC for that matter.

Finally, you probably need to come to your own conclusions regarding individual poker sites as it seems if anyone has a differing opinion to yours- you seem to automatically believe they have some dark agenda, are in cahoots with the corporate machine or are somehow employed or a shareholder of said organisation.

Doesn't that seem a little far-fetched or paranoid at all? :eek:

Similarly to fundiver, I have profited well at Stars and (usually) have no issues withdrawing*.

It's understandably difficult to remain objective when we're suffering the rough end of variance and it seems like everything is against us but Oldstrings, please, bear in mind that this is a community of poker lovers, run by poker lovers, for poker lovers! :)

The implication being that we're not all here 'out to get you' or to trick you into believing whopping great untruths. :wink:

All the best! :love:

*That being said Stars did ask me recently to confirm my identity with I.D. documents again (for the second time) which was far from pleasing and rather annoying considering my passport has expired, but they have valid reasons to ask people to confirm their identity and once you've done so the withdrawals are quick and easy.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I do enjoy and love poker. I suppose even patterns can be random.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never said it was rigged. I was looking for perspective of differing options. People can be curious with out being jaded.
But again my question was not answered: Why different randomized dealing programs for play money and real money?
Where did you get your information regarding 'play money & real money having different dealing programs' in the first place? :)

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not saying it’s rigged

Was simply looking for perspective. Sorry to all those I offended. Sheesh

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Was simply looking for perspective. Sorry to all those I offended. Sheesh
Who have you offended and how do you know you've offended them? :)

My honest opinion is that you seem far more defensive than anyone else in the thread so far... :dontknow:

From what I can tell everyone is either trying to explain their experiences or point of view and responding to your enquiries openly.

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol

Who have you offended and how do you know you've offended them? :)

My honest opinion is that you seem far more defensive than anyone else in the thread so far... :dontknow:

From what I can tell everyone is either trying to explain their experiences or point of view and responding to your enquiries openly.
Lol I guess that’s your perspective.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can win at poker stars, but for playing poker I like the poker room 888 more.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Lol I guess that’s your perspective.
My perspective is pretty much the only one available for me to offer... :wink:

You also mentioned people 'not answering your questions' yet I notice you've not responded to any of my questions.

Cardschat is a very open forum where all varieties of topics are discussed.

However it's advisable not to take things personally (or assume others are doing so) and to bear in mind that just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't automatically constitute an attack or threaten your beliefs/perspective.

This topic might be helpful:

Debate Guidelines

Kind Regards,

O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My perspective is pretty much the only one available for me to offer... :wink:

You also mentioned people 'not answering your questions' yet I notice you've not responded to any of my questions.

Cardschat is a very open forum where all varieties of topics are discussed.

However it's advisable not to take things personally (or assume others are doing so) and to bear in mind that just because someone has a different opinion it doesn't automatically constitute an attack or threaten your beliefs/perspective.

This topic might be helpful:

Debate Guidelines

Kind Regards,

You’re funny. But, If you’re worried about people thinking you’re attacking them, maybe change your approach?
Others have offered their thoughts(differing on occasion) and I thanked them. They helped. I made another deposit. I have been for 2 years.
Even your politeness comes across as rude.

With a little practice and self reflection you might be more successful. Good luck to you, I wish you the best.

You’re absolutely right!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Oldstrings

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your efforts

I’m sorry for your sadness and appreciate how much attention you’re giving my post.
But I no longer know what you are trying to convince me of, other than you’re against self reflection and practice.

Be kind be safe be lucky. See you on the tables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’m sorry for your sadness and appreciate how much attention you’re giving my post.
But I no longer know what you are trying to convince me of, other than you’re against self reflection and practice.

Be kind be safe be lucky. See you on the tables.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything... :)

The self reflection and practice not being 'my cup of tea' was my idea of a little joke, very much into philosophy and others have commented to me (irl not online) that my self awareness is acute!

As for practice, I indulge in plentiful...

A playful soul at heart, I like to entertain people. :wink: