Coral stops operating in Argentina (and I will lose my funds)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.

I tell you that today I received an email notifying me that from tomorrow this room will no longer operate in my country.
I have money there from freerolls but I don't have the option to withdraw funds as I have never deposited.
The problem is that I have time until tomorrow to do it and honestly it scares me to do it, since there is little time for said administrative procedure. Obviously I wrote to them, but I highly doubt that the answer will arrive in time.
Well, I'll have to write off the $ 140 that I won there with freerolls.
What bothers me is not having to deposit and rake and then withdraw, it bothers me that they notify me the day before.

Anyway, surely there is going to be someone who says that Coral is a serious room and a recognized bookmaker, etc, etc. Frankly for me it is just another room that I disrespect. Hopefully the money will help them buy medicine.

Thanks for being there and sorry for my catharsis, but these things make me less and less want to continue playing online poker.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello.

I tell you that today I received an email notifying me that from tomorrow this room will no longer operate in my country.
I have money there from freerolls but I don't have the option to withdraw funds as I have never deposited.
The problem is that I have time until tomorrow to do it and honestly it scares me to do it, since there is little time for said administrative procedure. Obviously I wrote to them, but I highly doubt that the answer will arrive in time.
Well, I'll have to write off the $ 140 that I won there with freerolls.
What bothers me is not having to deposit and rake and then withdraw, it bothers me that they notify me the day before.

Anyway, surely there is going to be someone who says that Coral is a serious room and a recognized bookmaker, etc, etc. Frankly for me it is just another room that I disrespect. Hopefully the money will help them buy medicine.

Thanks for being there and sorry for my catharsis, but these things make me less and less want to continue playing online poker.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Very sorry to hear this news :mad:
I'm sure it took awhile to build it up to $140.

How could they possibly think that 1 day is enough time to do this?!?!?!

Questions
What's the min. deposit you can make in order to get your funds?
How much would you then need to rake?
Can you do other formats on the site in order to clear the funds? (ie. I was able to via sportsbetting on one iPoker network site that I had this happen with... ~5yrs.ago now)

I have personally had a few experiences with some iPoker network rooms closing their doors to Canadians in the past and I hadn't deposited on all of them.
I believe on one of them I put in the min. deposit and then to clear the funds I was required to play a certain amount $$$ before I could withdraw the money from my account.

In my anger I chose to sportsbet... betting it on Alpine skiing and was at some very high odds. (I forget exactly but it was something like 20:1). Funny thing was, I won! And then instead of them just giving me my original $25 or $30... they ended up needing to send me closer to $600. That was fantastic! (fortunately I had already deposited at the other iPoker network sites).

I've almost always chosen to make at the least the very minimum deposit on any & every site I choose to play on and then I research the withdraw requirements as well. Typically in order to withdrawl from most of the sites you'll need to withdraw funds via the same form in which you deposited to the site. If it's not easy for me to both deposit & withdraw funds... I won't play on there at all.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make sure a poker site will pay me when i win,,,,otherwise what's the point? :deal: Live n learn,,,

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In UK the min deposit is £5 and there are no rake requirements to withdraw freeroll winnings. I don't know if it's the same in other territories. Coral is a well respected brand here. It used to be ipoker but changed last year to the partypoker network.

I experienced similar when the UK gambling commission took over regulation and a few ipoker skins pulled out. In my case I only had a few dollars in and decided to just let it go.

I would have thought they would give a longer period to withdraw even if they no longer offer their product. I guess it's up to you whether you want to risk a min deposit to withdraw what you have there, assuming they will still accept a deposit.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you really want that money your probably have to do a minimum deposit, best with some e-wallet, and then try to cash out as soon as possible.

in the future verify your account(s) on new sites as soon as you have some meaningfull money on it, make a mininmum deposit and try if they let you cash out and what are the requirements. that way you can avoid problems with bigger cashouts and other things like wrong adresses, wrong documents etc.

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you make a transfer to another player that could pay you for your balance?

If it sounds like I am ignorant it is because I am [about these policies].

I do not know the limitations of transfers in cases like this.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously this is not great. But on the other side if you never deposited on the site, you have essentially been playing with their money, so its not like, they have taken anything from you.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Obviously this is not great. But on the other side if you never deposited on the site, you have essentially been playing with their money, so its not like, they have taken anything from you.
What an unkind thing to say. Have some consideration for the feelings of others. Of course he has had something taken from him....his time and the expectation of, having won, now being able to grow the account.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the future verify your account(s) on new sites as soon as you have some meaningfull money on it, make a mininmum deposit and try if they let you cash out and what are the requirements. that way you can avoid problems with bigger cashouts and other things like wrong adresses, wrong documents etc.

Some solid advice here. As someone else said already "live and learn".

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation is extremely complicated, I hope you can resolve and redeem your funds.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What an unkind thing to say. Have some consideration for the feelings of others. Of course he has had something taken from him....his time and the expectation of, having won, now being able to grow the account.

100% agree! I'm afraid this is the type of response we hear all too often online. Keyboard warriors.:(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% agree! I'm afraid this is the type of response we hear all too often online. Keyboard warriors.:(

I am sorry for my lack of emphaty with this situation. I think, people should deposit, get their account verified and play with their own money. I am a bad person....

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am sorry for my lack of emphaty with this situation. I think, people should deposit, get their account verified and play with their own money. I am a bad person....
Fundiver, sorry for over-reacting , it's something I'm working on....next time just twist my ear and kick my butt lol

Coral Poker