Cool Micro Series Starting on ACR

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought I'd give everyone a heads up about the NOSS and FBSS series getting ready to kick off on ACR.
Nano Online Super Series and FreeBuy Super Series are both series where the buyin is either free or a micro buyin, for some solid GTDs.

I'm encouraged by the fact a lot of events look to be freeze outs. It looks like for several events (freebuys) ACR is offering rebuys, and of course the registration for these events will be hella long, but if one manages to dodge the early maniac play and happen to get a couple double ups - one could make a nice deep run without even spending a penny to play.
Several events also have add-ons - which I'm certain will be nearly a requirement in order to make a final table showing, but I love the fact ACR has these series to promote micro/low stakes.

Last thing I see that is pretty cool, for ALL the tourney winners during this series - ACR is hosting a 5k GTD freeroll. I'm already going to reserve my seat in this one, hope to see other CC members in it as well.

GL all run good. The freebuys will certainly be donk fests for probably the first hour or more!

Here is the detailed info about the series.
https://www.americascardroom.eu/onl...reebuy-super-series-nano-online-super-series/

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds pretty cool. One word of caution though about the freebuys. While it is theoretically possible to cash in these without spending a dollar, chances are very much against it, since the starting stack is only 1.000 chips, rebuys are 2.500 chips and the add-on is 5.000 or 10.000 chips.

Also in at least some of them the rebuy and add-on is 15$ each. So if you enter those expecting to play a freeroll but end up rebuying multible times, that can be a really fast way to bust an insufficient bankroll. The best strategy is probably to entirely avoid rebuys and only purchase the add-on, should you be lucky enough to make it that far. The reason is, that the value of the rebuy chips is diluted not only by the add-on but also by the free starting chips.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Sounds pretty cool. One word of caution though about the freebuys. While it is theoretically possible to cash in these without spending a dollar, chances are very much against it, since the starting stack is only 1.000 chips, rebuys are 2.500 chips and the add-on is 5.000 or 10.000 chips.
maybe register for free and if bust wait for the add on to rebuy in ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe register for free and if bust wait for the add on to rebuy in ?

Thats not possible. If you lose all your chips during the rebuy period, you are given 10-15 seconds to rebuy, and if you dont, the tournament is over for you.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Thats not possible. If you lose all your chips during the rebuy period, you are given 10-15 seconds to rebuy, and if you dont, the tournament is over for you.
Glad you told me ^^ i would have looked like a fool when trying to be sneaky XD , have a nice day and good luck at the tables )

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad you told me ^^ i would have looked like a fool when trying to be sneaky XD , have a nice day and good luck at the tables )

You are welcome. If the rebuy period begin right after, late registration has closed, then the best strategy will be to register literally in the last second and then fold one hand before purchasing the add-on. I dont know, if this is possible at ACR though. It used to be possible at 888 Poker, but they have changed it now, so that late registration closes 10 minutes before the add-on break. Which is of course complete fair :)

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a fun opportunity spanning over five whole weeks for us micro players. The over 100 freerolls are an interesting twist to their usual series, but like people mentioned above, watch out for accidentally spending more than your BR can possibly afford when offered an add-on or rebuy. It's nice that the tournament schedule is well structured, but as a late-night player typically, there's few offerings that work for my schedule.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a fun opportunity spanning over five whole weeks for us micro players. The over 100 freerolls are an interesting twist to their usual series, but like people mentioned above, watch out for accidentally spending more than your BR can possibly afford when offered an add-on or rebuy. It's nice that the tournament schedule is well structured, but as a late-night player typically, there's few offerings that work for my schedule.

Yes the schedule certainly will have to fit the events. I'd love to be able to play in every event available, but my work schedule won't allow it. AND - I'm headed to the Keys for a full week of fun in the sun and water. 18 hour one way drive - just so happens to land on the days when some of the biggest events are scheduled.
Hopefully we all will get several chances to bink a couple of these that fits into our schedule.

GL all.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
if i am not wrong it is the same payouts as the regular games except for top 4 places something like that with a shitload more players ? maybe not worth it at all, plz correct me if I'm wrong

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i am not wrong it is the same payouts as the regular games except for top 4 places something like that with a shitload more players ? maybe not worth it at all, plz correct me if I'm wrong

there is a game now running with over 2000 players and only 18 players paid. not really worth it if u ask me because its not very easy to make it ITM and u will play a long time and most of the time just bust before ITM.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

there is a game now running with over 2000 players and only 18 players paid. not really worth it if u ask me because its not very easy to make it ITM and u will play a long time and most of the time just bust before ITM.

Free is always "worth it" especially in some of the bigger events. Anything that offers 600gtd or more in prize money - to play for free - is definitely worth it in my eyes.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are welcome. If the rebuy period begin right after, late registration has closed, then the best strategy will be to register literally in the last second and then fold one hand before purchasing the add-on. I dont know, if this is possible at ACR though. It used to be possible at 888 Poker, but they have changed it now, so that late registration closes 10 minutes before the add-on break. Which is of course complete fair :)

Interesting you point this out fundiver.
I just jumped into the freebuy #4 200gtd 6-max - I had the option right away to rebuy because I payed the blinds and instantly dropped below starting stack. So - I did to double up my stack for 10 cents. Then got lucky with an extreme aggro donk to my direct left who was in the top 3 in chips. Usually not a lucky spot to be in, but I picked up QQs and JJs to take his entire stack within 2 orbits. :)

Anyway - the interesting point I was headed towards was - this event has already begun to count down towards ITM - and rebuys are still available. I guess late registration is closed for players wanting to jump in - but current players still have the option to rebuy if the want to. I think - not sure.
I have witnessed no less than ten rebuys from shorties busting - and they have rebought with as little as 6bbs. Double rebuy is also available up to level 15.
We are currently at level 13, 30 from ITM. And an add-on will be available at level 16 for approximately 5 additional big blinds. 5k chips.

It looks like rebuys will be available up to ITM, and possibly even after. Weird.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you purchase one or more rebuys + the add-on, then surely your chance of cashing goes up a lot and become similar to a normal MTT. If you play freerolls, then you will usually also have either a decent chance of winning something meaningless like 10c or a very low chance of winning something meaningfull like a 109$ tournament ticket. If you want a decent chance to win decent prices, you have to play with your own money, which is not exactly a huge surprice.

This new format is a novelty, which kind of merges freerolls with normal tournaments. If they run without overlay, then essentially those people purchasing rebuys and add-ons are paying for those, who dont. If this is a good idea or not is up for debate, but for me I always find it interesting, when poker sites try something new :)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you purchase one or more rebuys + the add-on, then surely your chance of cashing goes up a lot and become similar to a normal MTT. If you play freerolls, then you will usually also have either a decent chance of winning something meaningless like 10c or a very low chance of winning something meaningfull like a 109$ tournament ticket. If you want a decent chance to win decent prices, you have to play with your own money, which is not exactly a huge surprice.

This new format is a novelty, which kind of merges freerolls with normal tournaments. If they run without overlay, then essentially those people purchasing rebuys and add-ons are paying for those, who dont. If this is a good idea or not is up for debate, but for me I always find it interesting, when poker sites try something new :)

Yeah for sure - seems like a new type of format - for me anyway.
Addons are a relative new thing on ACR anyway - they have had them in the past - but not for many daily events. I'm glad too - I don't like addons - allowing essentially a player to max late reg and have more than 20bbs to attempt a late run. Thats just my personal opinion though.

I ended up 4x ing my purchase I rebought once and got the addon as well. There were just under 2k runners and I placed in the top 30. Not too bad. My A/K whiffed to lose to TTs final hand.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free is always "worth it" especially in some of the bigger events. Anything that offers 600gtd or more in prize money - to play for free - is definitely worth it in my eyes.
The problem with these things is how brightly they shine on WPN's awesome Rake Number Generator. Eliminated by two outers in 4 of these already. I get what he is saying though with the small field cashes just to try to survive WPN's donk reward BS. Got put all in by pocket 6s (neither of which where hearts which is what the board was) today in one of these after flopping nut flush and two runner runner Ks later I am out to Ks full. Playing solid poker on this software has become a waste because it's not like these are anywhere close to isolated incidences. Ring games are just as laughable as tournaments are.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with these things is how brightly they shine on WPN's awesome Rake Number Generator. Eliminated by two outers in 4 of these already. I get what he is saying though with the small field cashes just to try to survive WPN's donk reward BS. Got put all in by pocket 6s (neither of which where hearts which is what the board was) today in one of these after flopping nut flush and two runner runner Ks later I am out to Ks full. Playing solid poker on this software has become a waste because it's not like these are anywhere close to isolated incidences. Ring games are just as laughable as tournaments are.

Experiences certainly vary. I feel ya though Wolf. I got shoved on yesterday preflop - I call with KKs - fella turns over 6/7 sooted - and catches 8/9 on the flop and Ten on the river, in one of these - Oh I think it was the 7.5k yesterday.

Oddly though - I accidentally registered for a PKO event, usually dont play those much.
And just as it was starting up I realized it was PKO. I said oh crap - there goes 3 bucks.
Ended up taking 5th out of 1900 runners for something close to 10x the buyin.
Welp - I guess these PKO dealies aren't all that bad. HA!
I will say though - I ran extremely hot early on - then I was able to get a bunch of bluffs through after late reg closed and everyone suddenly turned into ultra tight players. It was certainly a odd dynamic - from what I usually experience in PKOs.

The NOSS events are certainly a better structure (normal deep MTTs) than the Freebuy events. It'd be nice if ACR gave each player 50bb to start with in the freebuy events and just make the blinds faster, but I understand why it is set up the way it is.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I saw you running deep in one of these AUS - you had a massive stack - might even have busted me out, I can't remember?
I can't remember which - how'd you fair?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna give it a try, I just got back to NEVER give up! Even if they call my pot bet with an underpair and make a boat on the river hahahah

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw you running deep in one of these AUS - you had a massive stack - might even have busted me out, I can't remember?
I can't remember which - how'd you fair?

Hey, I kinda remember you in an event as well, but I don't recall either. I've only played in 3 NOSS events so far and the only one I cashed and did well in was on June 4, NOSS #18, a 1K Stud8 game where I got 20th place.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, I kinda remember you in an event as well, but I don't recall either. I've only played in 3 NOSS events so far and the only one I cashed and did well in was on June 4, NOSS #18, a 1K Stud8 game where I got 20th place.

Hmm - wasn't that one cause I don't know how to play stud8. :) Well anyway - keep at it.
My best one was a PKO that I accidentally registered for. HAHA! Oops. Ended up taking 5th I think.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm - wasn't that one cause I don't know how to play stud8. :) Well anyway - keep at it.
My best one was a PKO that I accidentally registered for. HAHA! Oops. Ended up taking 5th I think.

Nice, read what you posted a few days ago after you asked your question. I played one NLH NOSS event, so it might've been that one, but I didn't cash, so that would've been an unfortunate quick fall if you did see me with a big stack haha.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice, read what you posted a few days ago after you asked your question. I played one NLH NOSS event, so it might've been that one, but I didn't cash, so that would've been an unfortunate quick fall if you did see me with a big stack haha.

Yeah - it happens bud, I was in the top 6 in one of those freebuys this evening - and A/K missed to send me out.
I remember when i saw you I was trying to limp into min-cash with a sub 15bb stack and you had 80+ or more. It may have been one of the freebuy series - or just a regular MTT.
I've been trying to put in a lot of volume lately since I'm headed to Florida Keys next week, so it could have been any thing except the CC freerolls - I know it wasn't that.
I'm high on volume because I'm driving 18 hours one way - so I won't be around for a solid week+ for the series.

GL in all the events you play. I'm still shooting for a qualification into that 5k freeroll.

Unrelated self pat on my back - I spent 45 cents to earn a ticket in a satty to play the Boski 15k this evening and ended up in the top 100 out of nearly 2k. 55 cents into nearly 30 bucks - better than any returns in the market! :)

Last edited: