Closing My Global Poker Account

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So that's it. I requested a complete closure of this account this morning. I just received a "are you sure" email essentially from them. I told them to proceed...

So, I'm going to try to articulate this without getting angry... bear with me.

If they have no issue with their RNG (which I don't believe), then there should be no reason players should be able to successfully chase straights and flushes with such frequency as I see on Global Poker. Do things like that happen? Yes, of course. People are going to catch from time to time. However, it's so blatantly ridiculous on Global Poker... I see players chase on ACR and ignition, too. But, it's more realistic there. There are successes and failures on those two platforms, and it doesn't really seem to lean one way or the other with regards to successes and failures.

The absolute nail in the coffin, if you will, for me was last night's SC 1k GTD... there were back-to-back quads... again, can this happen? Sure... (and I'm being really nice here) but what really alarmed me was that I had read someone had witnessed this before as well in one of their own tournament sessions on Global Poker. Then I spoke to a friend of mine who has played on Global Poker, and he said he had witnessed that himself. So, that's three players inside the span of, what, a month? Back-to-back quads... let that sink in for a moment.

Finally, I realize I'm not a fantastic player yet. I am still learning a lot... However, I have been able to cash in tournaments on both Ignition and ACR in the last couple of weeks, a few times at that. Am I a winning player? Not at all, yet... But, on Global Poker, I couldn't win anything to save my life in the last several months. I don't play any differently there, so I don't think it's me. The answer left, is that it's the platform.

Anyway, as I said. The account should be getting closed soon. And I won't be tempted to accept any gift packages for SC and/or tickets to tournaments and get sucked in again.

I know there are players that have found some success on Global Poker. I can't do anything but applaud you and congratulate you. I don't know what you've got going for you, but run with it. However, when things start to go south, get your money out and run for the hills!

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. I appreciate everyone at CC. Good luck to you all at the tables! :D

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain. It sucks not having a lot of choice anymore. Global's RNG is definitely shady. Should definitely be changed to Global Suckout.