manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has this happened to you.
Sometimes I will click one of the buttons, Fold, Call, Call/fold, just to save time and speed things up. I learned to only click on the call button if I am at least 5 players away from my turn. A couple of times I clicked on it to make a 30 call and just as I click someone goes all in, so I am all in and the players before me have all preclicked the fold button. So before I had time to react I am all in with a marginal hand. Which I loose an out of the tournement. So be very careful clicking those buttons.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is obviously very bad, but even when you just call the intented bet size, or check behind, you are still giving away a huge timing tell. If for instance you had a really strong hand, you would have at least considered to raise rather than preselect "call", before the action even got to you. Or considered betting rather than preselect "check-fold".

For that reason alone I only use these buttons to fold and only in situations, where my opponents will get no valuable information about my range by knowing, I had such an easy decision. The most typical example is looking down at junk preflop. Then its completely fine to just check the "fold" box to speed up action. But in many other situations you want to at least pretend, you were thinking about it for a few seconds, to keep your opponents guessing about, what you had.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good advice, thanks. Because of the problem I have limited my checking to only the fold button, but your reason make a lot sence.