Cheating in online poker - how real is it to become a victim of software like this?

A

andrei111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a novice in the very beginning of my poker endeavor, I have this concern.

I know it's technically feasible to create software that:

- first, downloads and analyzes all the available info on all the plays and hands from top poker tournaments, poker research, and relevant mathematics, statistics concepts;

- second, either auto copies all the info available on pc/laptop screen during an online poker tournament, in which you participate, such as number of players at your table and all the hands of each player and all the flops, turns, rivers as they become visible, or lets enter this all manually if there are assistants;

- and third, gives recommendation how to act within a necessary time frame...

As such software might be capable to analyze not only plain theory, but also each player's patterns of folding hands, raising, bluffing, it would certainly put you in position of being taken huge unfair advantage when big money are at stake...

So my question to all of you who have had much experience playing poker online and heard or read about instances of cheats and schemes like this,

- Could you post here your references and weblinks to other threads and openly available in internet stories addressing this concern?

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg