cake poker

mattisme

mattisme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not sure if anyone posted about cake poker yet but it looks like there staying i have an account there but i dont play there much might have to start transfering funds there

Official Policy Statement from the CakePoker Team:

On Friday September 30, 2006 the 109th sitting of the US Congress passed a Port Security Bill including a rider that affected online gambling in the . The common media description of this act called it a ‘ban on online gambling’. This is patently false. All previous attempts at passing legislation banning online gambling have failed. Instead, this act championed by Bill Frist (R -Tennessee), attempts to prohibit payments to online gambling companies from US residents via US based financial institutions. CakePoker will not restrict access to our players from the . It appears that some of our competitors have decided to take this preemptive step for business reasons that are most likely related to the fact that they are publicly listed companies. In other words, they cannot be seen as doing anything that would put their shareholders in a ‘gray’ or precarious position. CakePoker N.V. is a legally licensed and privately held company in the country of Curacao, Antilles . As a privately held company we have no such pressures placed upon us.
Further, this act still has some stages to go through and it may take up to 9 months for the government to fully define and clarify the terms of the law and their effect on financial institutions. If/when this act actually becomes the law, our legal department will re-evaluate our policy on CakePoker’s acceptance of payments from US based financial institutions. At worst we expect to only have to limit some of the ways we accept payments from our players. However, as an alternative to accepting payments from US based financial institutions we have worked very hard to gain official acceptance as a legitimate business entity by some of the internet's most respected, non-US based financial institutions such as NETeller and Firepay.
Needless to say there will continue to be a lot of confusion and misinformation spread in the near future as online gambling companies, players and even lawmakers try to interpret the terms of the act.
Once again, our official position is that the passing of the Port Security Bill does not currently affect us or our valued, loyal players in any way. Our operations have always been 100% legal under Curacao law and comply with all the jurisdictions in which we carry out our operations.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refuse to play there simply because of their stupid name. Seriously, 'Cake Poker', wtf?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, exactly what I was about to type...

jees....

I'm sticking to SardinePoker

talkpkr2me

talkpkr2me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe its a takeoff on the "american" phrase..."It's a cake walk"...Which means "easy".....who knows!?:D

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just cant imagine them sat around the boardroom and someone saying 'I know what, how about cakepoker?' and the others actually not bursting out laughing.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely it was someone saying, "Winning at poker? Piece of cake"

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's available...

as is PotNoodlePoker.com

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
DingleberryPoker.com should be available.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm opening a new poker site - 'Blancmange Poker'.
d7510035883.jpg

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I occasionally do play at Cake Poker. The site isn't bad (although all of their bonuses and concepts do surround cake, like cake slices, coffee cake, etc). But the interface is okay. And the starting stacks are like $5000. The blinds go up to compensate, but the stacks do start deep.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a review of Cake Poker recently. Basically said that it was OK except that traffic was poor. Have you found that, JD ?

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just registered for it and will be playing in a private freeroll in a bit. I figure I'll give it a shot. I refuse to speak ill of any site that doesn't screw us Americans over for the time being....

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loving Cake so far. Playing in a freeroll being broadcast on the radio, which I think is really sweet. Don't want to advertise another site, so I wont mention the radio's website....

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a review of Cake Poker recently. Basically said that it was OK except that traffic was poor. Have you found that, JD ?

Traffic for the MTT is fine in general. SNGs are sort of hit/miss. Just depends on what else is going on. Cash games are fairly light in participation and the ones there are playing the micro limits around .10/.20. Haven't played any cash games there, but the tourneys still have the requisite # of donks to take from. I would guess this bleeds over to cash games as well.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played at Cake Poker before - it is the only site i have ever seen that has had ZERO players - none in the ring games and none in the SnG's. The graphics and the software are good, but unless there are an influx of players, i definataly wouldn't recommend it cos you just wont be able to play. And the minimum deposit is $25 but the minimum cashout is $50, so you wont get your money back.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same thing here

I downloaded it - sign up and had a quick look around,
Only thing was it felt kind of spooky being the only one walking around the site :) and hearing the whistle of the wind blowing through deserted games and stepping over tumble-weeds :p

Quietly crept out and closed the door behind me.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, as soon as word gets around about it and that its going to stay around for us Americans, I'm sure the population will pick up. There are some things that need to be fixed for sure, but I found the level of play to be pretty low, but not donkish, just that happy medium that make the $$$$ light up in my eyes.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm.....Sounds like a good site for DessertLady......