Bots everywhere?

R

RobLG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

So I'm looking for a 6-hand sit-n-go on ignition. And there, in the $10 listings of games, I see about ten "$10, 6-hand, double-up" games.

All ten of these have one player registered. TEN of them each with just a single registrant.

Either people are very stupid, a distinct possibility that I'll accept, or these table are populated with bots.

I see a lot of talk about bots but haven't seen any proof - thought this seems like proof to me because only Igition can create the games/tables.

So what the heck is going on??? LOL
Thanks!
Rob

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so why should this be a bot? its probably just a guy who want to multitable and is waiting for action. the title is also missleading. so you suspect bots on ignition and for that reason everywhere there are bots? ok.jpeg.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some possible solutions to bots and other ways of cheating. Some are not so good.

CAPCHA

and some are better but what poker sites will have the balls to implement them and save online poker?

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

So I'm looking for a 6-hand sit-n-go on Ignition. And there, in the $10 listings of games, I see about ten "$10, 6-hand, double-up" games.

All ten of these have one player registered. TEN of them each with just a single registrant.

Either people are very stupid, a distinct possibility that I'll accept, or these table are populated with bots.

I see a lot of talk about bots but haven't seen any proof - thought this seems like proof to me because only Igition can create the games/tables.

So what the heck is going on??? LOL
Thanks!
Rob
These are not only bots, but also a system that distributes, depending on the game, this is not a living deck of cards for you

R

RobLG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are not only bots, but also a system that distributes, depending on the game, this is not a living deck of cards for you

Not sure I understand. Do you mean, if the I"m at table "number 7", with 6 players, they may be at tables "122 and 16" etc...? NOt that it matters, as it's all virtual anyway, but playing with system controlled bots - that's just messed up.

Are none of these online sites real people vs ONLY real people? How is it possible that so may claim to make a living doing this?

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are bots, where you don't expect them :)

TPA

TPA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad news - almost every room has some bots

Good news - bots are easy to exploit when you spot them. They play very similat plays in 90% of all spots. Meaning you can 9/10 times raise their bet on flop and make them fold successfuly. As this certain bot is programmed to continue only with two pair or better.

P

Pret_Lispero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are bots on most sites. They are beatable. The greatest compliment you ever get in poker is when a colluding bot ring sits out after you punish them for an hour. :)