Beware of pureplay.com

G

gmnowels

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just signed up for a 30 day free trial and found out after the registration the 30 day free trial was actually a 30 day rebate.

In fact, a sign up online and rebate by mail.

Atrocious, misrepresentation.

And this has been exasperated by the refusal to cancel this transactions.

Huge banner for 30 days free and then large enough to see mail-in rebate after accepted transaction.

I contacted them immediately in the only way possible, by email and having them balk.

They lost a customer and online rep with this.

I am further saddened that this behavior tarnishes online pokers reputation every time these deceptive practices are perpetrated.

:argh:

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just signed up for a 30 day free trial and found out after the registration the 30 day free trial was actually a 30 day rebate.

In fact, a sign up online and rebate by mail.

Atrocious, misrepresentation.

And this has been exasperated by the refusal to cancel this transactions.

Huge banner for 30 days free and then large enough to see mail-in rebate after accepted transaction.

I contacted them immediately in the only way possible, by email and having them balk.

They lost a customer and online rep with this.

I am further saddened that this behavior tarnishes online pokers reputation every time these deceptive practices are perpetrated.

:argh:

Yeh you gotta watch out for that stuff. They know most people won't take the time to send in something by mail and get a rebate. I was going to sign up a while back for wsop sattys since it was "free" until I saw that.

Good luck!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Did the same thing.. Made a thread about it.. Wasted a gift card on them

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's not just them, ANY free trial offer where you have to give your credit card or other payment info in advance is a scam waiting to happen. They count on you either forgetting to cancel your membership before the trial is up, or falling afoul of some hidden rule, or they just flat out ignore your request to cancel and keep billing you.

P

psychoiticmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did the same thing.. Made a thread about it.. Wasted a gift card on them

me too wasted a gift card on it. need to be beware of such things next time.

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played on that site and I DON"T SEE why ANYONE would want to play on there!! It's a waste of $20. I wouldn't mind spending say.. $100 if the prizes were 5x larger with more serious players. Seems like a loophole to gambling in the US if you ask me ;)

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any free trial that requires a credit card up front is something you have really scrutinize the terms over. It's not so bad if it's with a solid reputable company like Netflix or something, but with a gambling site I would heed EXTREME caution.

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting I have a work acquaintance that plays there ,he says when he wins they pay out just fine.I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay a monthly fee to play at any site tho. Just not my cup of tea but then that's just my opinion .......scorp

S

steviewayne69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've run across these types of bs scams before. I'm sorry that this happened to you and I hope that it doesn't happen to anyone else reading this. It hasn't happened to me because of the individuals here at cardschat, FTR, and others who cautioned the inexperienced about these types of "too good to be true" or misrepresentation scams. All and all I'd like to thank you for warning us on this stuff. As for the original poster, I hope all went well in clearing the mix-up up. I'm sure you'll be like those of us who have been victims to scams albeit poker or otherwise, to remain cautiously optimistic.

K

kadison728

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pure Play is a joke

I almost signed up for Pure Play. I found carbon poker and that saved me from signing up for pure play. I played in a lot of the free poker games just because, but never liked the play or the people in the games. They always seemed to be rude and inconsiderate.

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play there daily in 2006 & 2007. Back then traffic was low & cashing was easier. They also use to have free membership tournies. I racked up about 20 months on those. During that time I made about $3K and cashed the checks w/no issues. I wouldn't pay to play there ever.