betonline freerolls june 11 - june 25

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just a heads up, betonline is dropping a ton of freerolls starting on sunday. between both events, it's a total of 54 freerolls with 500.00-4000.00 gtd prizepools. there is 1 main event freeroll in the shark week event, but only top 10 finishers can play that game. if we include the cardschat freerolls, that's 60 freerolls in 2 weeks!

shark week event

summer series event

super excited about this. while i do have a bankroll already, i've never built one up from 0.00 before. so i've reset my sharkscope stats and will only be playing these freerolls in attempt to do so. this is the perfect opportunity to challenge myself.

Last edited:
CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep - Already added to my poker calendar. Thanks for the extra info...

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just a heads up, betonline is dropping a ton of freerolls starting on sunday. between both events, it's a total of 54 freerolls with 500.00-4000.00 gtd prizepools. there is 1 main event freeroll in the shark week event, but only top 10 finishers can play that game. if we include the cardschat freerolls, that's 60 freerolls in 2 weeks!

shark week event

summer series event

super excited about this. while i do have a bankroll already, i've never built one up from 0.00 before. so i've reset my sharkscope stats and will only be playing these freerolls in attempt to do so. this is the perfect opportunity to challenge myself.
super awesome didn't know that
I will be there!!!!
Sharknado!!!
I'll see you at the tables ohshootmybad!!!!!!
I'll make sure you get a challenge
and I expect the same from you:cool:
4d9add968d3c8898b586320cb4e73ecb.png
dffbaa393cd95b4a5c21c3ad47063b52.png

C

Capolos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday´s freeroll ended after reaching itm, which i find ridiculous. they compensated by chipstacks. todays third freeroll 1500 gtd cannot be found in lobby. i wonder if they make it up later. otherwise it is false promise of 50k gtd series

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday´s freeroll ended after reaching itm, which i find ridiculous. they compensated by chipstacks. todays third freeroll 1500 gtd cannot be found in lobby. i wonder if they make it up later. otherwise it is false promise of 50k gtd series

Yeah this totally caught me by surprise today, the tournament was suddenly over without any warning whatsoever.

Then I re-read their webpage announcing this "SFS Summer Freeroll Series" and it doesn't say anything about the tournament ending once there are 250 players left (which is when the payouts begin).

Obviously if I knew there was a time limit on the tournament, I would have been much more aggressive instead of safe-guarding my already sizeable chipstack in order to prepare for my FT run... I got 58th place as it is, certainly happy with that finish but gee whiz BetOnline really didn't do themselves any favors here. Instead of me being happy with some free T-dollars, I'm kind of upset and feel cheated because I didn't get a chance to actually try and win the "big money" at the FT. I certainly don't play poker so I can be satisfied with a 58th place finish in a freeroll. I'm sure I'll get over it soon. LOL However, BOL loses some of the shine off their name which isn't exactly fair to them since they're actually being very generous to give us a chance at freeroll monies... isn't it funny how a good gesture can go so wrong so easily? I wish they cared but they probably won't even notice our feelings. Perhaps they shouldn't - it's their site.

P.S. I've cashed both of the SFS I have entered, so don't cry for me, I'm still happy. :D But an odd choice by BOL that tarnishes a bit of the feelsgoodman with some feelsbadman.

C

Capolos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what really surprises me ( or not) is the lack of communication from the Betonline. they just keep silence. one day ago they changed rules on the go, and we are missing two tournaments. right now the announced 50k gtd is a lie.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BetOnline seems kinda confused right now.

Yesterday's noon (eastern US time zone) freeroll ended when we reached ITM with 250 players left... however, the 4pm freeroll did NOT end when we reached ITM, it kept going just like a normal tournament.

I did not play the 8pm evening freeroll but apparently they made mistakes when they ended the tournament after reaching ITM, that seems to be the consensus from the players I have spoken with about it.

And as stated above, there has been no statement from BetOnline about any of this. I agree that lack of communication is the worst error any corporation can make with its customers... but we in the poker world are very used to this sort of treatment, and there honestly isn't much we can do about it except stop playing and no poker player is willing to walk that walk and end their "career" by sticking to principles... and the cycle repeats to infinity.

Freeroll Passwords