Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello

so today betonline started with their freebuy series. i played the 1000 guaranteed where you could rebuy or addon with 50 cents. this tournament had a normal payout, more or less 15 percent of the players would get paid.

now suddenly, after more than 2 hours of play and right at the end of the rebuy phase and at the beginning of the addon phase, they changed the payout to winner takes all
confused2.gif
there were around 400 player of more than 2000 left at this point, the original payout would be 332 players paid.

this was very confusing so i wrote with live chat and they told me this was a "cardroom decision"
shocked.gif

i obviously moved allin after i got this very tilting info and lost my stack. before i was like top ten and things looked good for me and other bigstacks.

i think this its very shady to change the payout just like that DURING the tournament, i never saw such practices ever before. people were playing tight and solid to get in the money. they also rebought which probably only few would have done if the would have know its a winner takes all.

stay away from this shady site is my only conclusion here. its such a deceptive move and i think they only wanted to get people on their site for advertising this freebuy thing. with all the rebuys and addons done (which would not have been done if the tourney was a winner takes all from the beginning) there was almost no money contributed by betonline to this tournament.

really i never ever saw a site doing something like this in the past. i feel cheated for the time i spent playing there in this tournament and for my chances of getting a solid cash. luckily i did not rebuy or addon.

:mad::confused:

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, I have seen some bad decisions made by operators before but this one has to be the worst I have ever heard of. Wont be playing there.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came in 101, I too saw that they were paying over 300 I think right before the addons. I did the rebuy a few times and the addon.
I was told they were supposed to fix it before the tourney is completed, I sure hope so. No way would I have paid money if I was only going for 1st or nothing.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came in 101, I too saw that they were paying over 300 I think right before the addons. I did the rebuy a few times and the addon.
I was told they were supposed to fix it before the tourney is completed, I sure hope so. No way would I have paid money if I was only going for 1st or nothing.

the final table is now. the lobby still looks the same with winner takes all...

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disgusting

Attachments

• support BO.jpg
    support BO.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 33
Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im near the 100th place, but I've played like a blind.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I registered only about two weeks ago and I have to say the most dodgy site I have ever come across.

1. There was no Id verification needed when signing up, when I queried I was told “don’t worry not needed, if we need additional info when you withdraw, we will be in contact”
2. Placed 9th in a free roll, supposed to win a $11 ticket, but was never allocated. When queried I was informed i was mistaken, however there was a pop up saying congrats blah blah blah.
3. There’s no hand history or transactional history, no audit trail etc..dodge!
4. The hands in play themselves are highly suspicious, every 2nd hand, there’s at least 4 or 5 players raising and going all in with cards that actually appear to be winners until the river.

I wanted to ask on this forum why cardschat would be affiliated with them, but realized it’s non of my business and no one is forcing me to deposit or play there.

Just way too many red flags and just to obvious what’s going on.

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shantri333, there are many problems in BetOn but you write nonsense.

1. Verification absolutly like in every rooms.
3. Settings - History or Hand history.
Transactions $$$ - Cashier - My account - Transaction History
4. Your are fish.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While it is a strange move and agree is wrong to advertise as one thing and be another in reality for the freebuy series,
Maybe was a game creation REP error that happens often on many different sites we will see in the next freebuy games good luck all.
Example below of another game creation human error it happens maybe something similar to this possibly happened as was the first 1k game.:confused:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/so-how-bol-making-its-event-460676/

Last edited by a moderator:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL thats not a "many different sites". It's still Chico.
I never saw this situation before. It's simply impossible in any reputable room
Happens all the time human error exists the homegames on pokerstars changed to late registration 1 hour for example,
Blind structure and pay out amounts and many other things can change too on any site depending on the information input done by the REP during manual setting up it happens but agree it looks very strange changing after rebuy period ends.
How did the other $250 and $500 freebuys pay out where they winner takes all or as advertised with many getting paid?

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens all the time human error exists the homegames on Pokerstars changed to late registration 1 hour for example
Homegames creates by players when we're talking about room's serie.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While this freebuy change is extreme agree it is wrong,:confused:
I am chatting about the structure of games in general they do change a lot sometimes from week to week with different blind speeds,different payouts and maybe late registration changing for example when a new batch of games is manually created.

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them change at least every day but before the game. Changing the number of prizes after the addition is just a scam.
P.S. Yes, previous tourneys paids for many places.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let them change at least every day but before the game. Changing the number of prizes after the addition is just a scam.
P.S. Yes, previous tourneys paids for many places.
Doubt it is a scam,Either this is what they want for the 1k event winner takes all or pay out like the $250 and $500 games also,
Looks like a REP error in the lobby during the first 1K game set up which is most likely to be honest but I agree not nice if players where rebuying and purchasing add ons before this occurred.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doubt it is a scam,Either this is what they want for the 1k event winner takes all or pay out like the $250 and $500 games also,
Looks like a REP error in the lobby during the first 1K game set up which is most likely to be honest but I agree not nice if players where rebuying and purchasing add ons before this occurred.

Its a scam for sure. Players would have never rebought/addon if they would knew its a winner takes all. They wrongly advertised the prices. Never ever saw that before in no other room.

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more (last) time. It's absolutely doesn't matter what they wanted. 1K for one or for all. Nobody's cant change the rules after start. Nobody's cant change the prizes after 2 hours, 950 rebuys, 250 addons. Another way its SCAM. No options.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shantri333, there are many problems in BetOn but you write nonsense.

1. Verification absolutly like in every rooms.
3. Settings - History or Hand history.
Transactions $$$ - Cashier - My account - Transaction History
4. Your are fish.

Lol, quite a passionate response there hehe. Yes yes, I may be a fish but unfortunately nothing to catch here.

1. There is no verification done upfront at signup, nor can you once acc. active. I spent time looking for this and eventually this was confirmed with support. If this affects you so much, please feel free to prove me wrong and maybe you can sleep better at night.
2. Same with hand history, I looked and queried, didn’t give this one much time Though but if it is there, it’s not a simple click of a button in same screen like most sites.
3. Yes thanks, I don’t mind being a fish, but I am a counting fish. Seems like you typed and typed and typed, reworded and hyped yourself up and eventually deleted your point 2, lol, was it not a valid enough of a point.

Hope you at least have a stake in the company of this comment tickled you so much.
Tx

Kyshman

Kyshman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same with hand history

If you cant find history yours IQ<50. And this is the main reason why I dont want to answer the rest of the nonsense.

Attachments

• BO.jpg
    BO.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol tickle tickle &#55357;&#56834;

Ok thanks, my view is different as I’m on ios App but at least it’s there in some form or it probably was my IQ or is it AQ lol.

Correction noted, thank you sir, I officially withdraw that point and you can surely be proud for yet another conquest overcome through your overwhelming politeness and charm.

One day when my fins are bigger, I want to be just like you.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are ignoring my email about this matter. i still was polite but they really want to make this disappear by being silent it seems :confused: i guess sites in grey markets can just do wathever they want.

i wonder what the benefits are for them by pullin off such a move? its probably getting people to rebuy where they would not if they knew from the beginning it will be a winner takes all. thats the only conclusion i get...

freerollz

freerollz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happened again in today's $500 freebuy event. Support was less than helpful.

I started a new thread detailing my experience and advising others to stay away from BOL.

Winner Poker