Which is the best poker platform to start on?

O

otela11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Advise a good room for newbie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would choose a site that offers plenty of free-rolls they are a long slog but it gives you plenty of practice without costing you a fortune.
Poker King does a free-roll every 3 hours and change formats from NLHE and PLO depending on the day so you get practice in both games.
pokerstars are perhaps the biggest online poker site and the free-rolls are limited to areas and depends on Passwords and tickets so you are lucky if you can play more than 2 or 3 a day.
Also being the Biggest means there are more players, I have seen 10,000 in some.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars is the best i can recommend, there are a lot of tournaments, from low stakes to high stakes, freeroll tournaments and perfect play money for exercise.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like 1 every 2 hours and prizes in Tickets FOR more tournaments

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try out the PokerStars. It is a big room in the world.

You can also try GGpoker.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advise a good room for navichk.

I think more important than the "room" or site you pick is the fact you signed up on CC. This forum offers all kinds of resources to help you with your poker skills. Look through the forums, ask questions, take advantage of "free" resources and soon you will be a member of freeroll club. Then you will be able to play for hours without investing much money.

On the other hand, if money is no object, find the site that you like the most, whether it is because of the software or game selection, or whatever. I do not think you can have someone else tell you what YOU like best. Good Luck and remember if you cannot enjoy your time spent playing poker maybe it is just not worth it.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best place to start

As an American player, play online is limited. I would say that as a member of Cardschat, you have already started in the right place.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you’re planning to not invest any money, I would choose 888poker because they have a lot of daily freerolls. If you are going to deposit, I would choose Black Chip Poker (because of their rakeback) or PokerStars (best tournaments for me and fast cashouts).

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should start on PokerStars because there are a lot of different formats and still decent number of players

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In regards to the OP ( original post for any noobs, newbies, froobs or nub nubs out there :wink: ), any reputable, major site available to you is fine, why not try a few and see which you like?

As others mentioned- freerolls or play money are great ways to see how the platform feels without being 'out of pocket'!

Regards.
Its newbie on russian :)
That's a relief! :)

I swear, if anyone comes at me with a needle-tipped umbrella- I will feed it to them!! :laugh:

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that the best place to start playing poker I think is poker stars, it has a lot of traffic, even to play for play money

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Pokerstars is the best choice. There are many tournament options and a cash table.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you can try with Pokerstars. There are a lot of traffic and differents games modes. I think that it is the best choice :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I support the choice of 888 platform and club freerolls

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me without a doubt the best of all is still pokerstar, more traffic, more level, it will be hard at the beginning but once you progress it will be better than on other platforms.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unibet, Natural8, Black Chip Poker, 888

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say 888 is a great place to start. They have 5 free-rolls throughout the day. They also have a daily spin that pretty much every time you will get a ticket to play yet another choice of 3 free-rolls. The have one .10 cent tourney a day, lots of .50 cent tourneys and $1. So 888 is a good place if you don't want to put much money in.

poker stars would be my next choice. They don't have as many free-rolls but they do have a lot of choice for micro games.

Those are both my favorites Hope you find a room you enjoy!! Have fun:).

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot, Poker Stars also has a poker school and has tournaments especially for the poker school too.