bad customer support

I

irritated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Games freeze repeatedly (on different computers/devices), the latest being a situation where the game screen froze, but I could still use chat and had no problem bringing up info, seeing the results and who eventually won the game. Tried to contact customer support, but they just kept asking me for information that I repeatedly sent them, including screenshots and then stopped replying. I think over a month is enough time to wait for some kind of explanation.
From what I have read, the best thing to do if you have a problem is to get your money off there immediately because I have read repeatedly that when someone persists with a complaint, they lock their accounts and keep whatever money is in the account.
I have also read repeatedly where they just ignore people instead of dealing with legitimate issues. Sounds like they are arrogant and don't understand they are running a business and will do whatever they think they can get away with doing. People need to start complaining in a more official way. If there is no way to hold them accountable, this needs to change. I am looking into this right now and if there is a way to hold them accountable, I will post it everywhere I can so others will know what to do as well. If there isn't away to hold them accountable yet, then we need to start doing what it takes to ensure that changes.
It would be so simple for them to respond to simple complaints decently or even to refund the money for the games that froze like any decent site does. People get that there will sometimes be problems, what they don't accept is the arrogance of not dealing decently with real problems, especially when the problems are widespread and repeated as is the case with their software freezing up.
My recommendation would be, just don't play on this site, get off BEFORE they take your money like petulant children throwing their weight around and throwing temper tantrums because people have the nerve to make legitimate complaints. If they don't have the integrity to deal with people honestly and decently, they shouldn't be operating.
Also, if you do play on this site, don't just take screenshots as they will ignore them and not deal with the problem, instead be ready to tape the entire game and then post it everywhere so people will know exactly what they are dealing with with these people and will understand that they can't be trusted to deal with people honestly.
Don't believe all the cut and past replies on people's complaints where they say sorry, contact us for help, they don't reply and they don't help. There are plenty of sites out there who will deal honestly with you if you do have a problem and let's face it, you don't have these repeat problems on other sites anyway, so they aren't getting the same number of legitimate complaints to deal with in the first place. In my experience, only 888 malfunctions to this extent and then they get all huffy that people have the nerve to complain and expect a solution. They need to be held accountable for this ongoing disgusting behaviour. :mad:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What computer are you using to log into sites many old ones will not work properly with all the updates on sites these days?
Or it sounds like your internet provider and connection maybe if the game screen freezes to be honest,
I had awful problems with an old laptop until bought a better laptop with a faster processer and graphics card since then have had no problems at all the difference is unreal except maybe when internet loses signal on rare occasions.

I

irritated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not on just one computer. Sometimes I use the kitchen computer which is a bit older, but have no problems with any other poker site with this computer (or anything else for that matter) and sometimes I use one of the brand new computers. It's not the computers, it's a common problem people repeatedly have with this site (I've done my reading). Another problem I've had with this site that others have had as well is extra cards popping up. They didn't come from up my sleeve, so clearly that is their malfunction as well.
Yes, they clearly have problems with their program that need to be fixed, but what they have a bigger problem with is getting huffy with legitimate complaints, throwing tempers because people persist in complaining and won't accept their manipulative ways of trying to put people off and won't accept being ignored. Sure they may be getting away with it for now, but in the long run it's bad for business and any business that persists in handling things this way tends to pay the price for doing so in the long run. It's not the fault of the players that they have a buggy program that they can't or won't fix.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 888 client tend to freeze, when there is a temporary drop out of your internet connection. The program then has to be closed and started again, which typically takes around a minute. After that you can resume normal play on your active tables. I have been playing there for almost 2 years now, and it has always been like this across various software updates.

Its obviously a bit annoying, when it happen. But for me its something, I have just choosen to live with, because I see many other advantages of playing on 888 Poker. And then I just accept, that the software is not as perfect as that of say pokerstars. It does sound though, like your issues are more complicated. And if you are not happy with 888 Poker, then by all means play somewhere else :)

I

irritated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This did not work in this situation. Nothing I tried worked. It was the game screen specifically that froze. I could still use chat and I could follow the progression of the game right down to seeing who eventually won. Stuff happens, I get it, but it happens a lot on 888 and the real problem is they play games and don't respond or pretend you aren't sending them the information and screen shots when you have done so repeatedly. Yes, the buggy program is a REAL problem, but the bigger problem is their unwillingness to deal with the problems in a professional, responsible way. They need to start acting like big girls and boys and realize they are running a business where they have a responsibility to their customers to behave decently and a responsibly to not waste their time (and more importantly the time of their customers) doing things like putting cut and paste , golly, we're sorry replies on the endless complaints, just contact us so we can deal with your problem and then still not responding, in an effort to fool people into thinking they are dealing with things. 888 is well known for having horrid customer service because they are putting their energy into putting people off and wearing people down and getting rid of them instead of dealing with legitimate problems.
Part of the problem may be that they have a far larger complaint volume than other sites, but that is because they have far more legitimate problems than other sites. Another thing I have read repeatedly that I find very disturbing is them freezing people's accounts when they push a complaint, keeping their money and telling them it was because they complained too much. There is no justification for essentially stealing people's money. That is the behavior of spoiled, narcissistic children doing something just because they think they can get away with it. How is that smart behavior and how is that good business? Their reputation is getting worse and worse for a reason and in my opinion, people should be warned to steer clear of them. There are plenty of other sites who are far more professional and far more trustworthy than 888, give them your business.

I

irritated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The 888 client tend to freeze, when there is a temporary drop out of your internet connection. The program then has to be closed and started again, which typically takes around a minute. After that you can resume normal play on your active tables. I have been playing there for almost 2 years now, and it has always been like this across various software updates.

Its obviously a bit annoying, when it happen. But for me its something, I have just choosen to live with, because I see many other advantages of playing on 888 Poker. And then I just accept, that the software is not as perfect as that of say PokerStars. It does sound though, like your issues are more complicated. And if you are not happy with 888 Poker, then by all means play somewhere else :)

I am playing elsewhere, obviously, but they refused to respond to or deal with legitimate concerns one too many times for my liking and I think more needs to be done which is why I am looking into what can be done to hold them responsible so I can pass that onto other people who feel helpless to protect themselves from their unacceptable behavior.
I also think it's important for people to understand how they are conducting themselves before they make the mistake of learning the hard way. Again, my advice would be to just steer clear of them. If they are willing to learn and start conducting themselves in a more responsible, professional way, word will get around eventually, if not, my opinion would be that the smart thing to do would just be to play elsewhere. This behavior has been going on for a long time and they appear to be getting worse and worse, not better.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You have written so much, but it is not entirely clear which site we are talking about. Is it 888 ?
If so, then I assure you, I have never had a problem with this site and I rightly believe that it is one of the best.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure which site you're talking about, but if you're concerned about dishonest operation, the best way, is to write to the licensing commission of the jurisdiction that they operate in.

The commissions take written submissions seriously, because when you write to them, it shows that YOU are serious.

I had a problem, once, with my identification documents not being honoured, even though they were following the guidelines. The site wouldn't accept them, as the security department, had never seen that type before. I got fed up of trying to convince them, so I wrote to the Commission. They replied, contacted the site, and my documentation got accepted.

I played, won, and took my money, and never played their, again.

If you feel a site is being unfair, and unreasonable, and not following rules, go to the Commission. If they get enough valid submissions, they will act.

Another very simple solution: If you're having trouble with a site, don't play there.
It will avoid a lot of frustration.

I

irritated

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks very much. I took my money off given how many times I read about them locking peoples accounts and keeping their money when they pushed a complaint. Now I'm making a fuss so other people are aware. I did a lot of reading of complaints and there are some clear patterns of behavior coming through in those complaints.
No worries about me playing there, I'm just bothering to leave a fussy trail behind me and to do whatever else I can do to help create a situation that will perhaps make it less likely someone else will have to learn the hard way.
:rolleyes:It's sort of pathetic to keep reading the ones where people are saying they locked their accounts and kept their money and told them it was because of them complaining. I read it enough that it sounds true and it sort of rings true given my experiences with trying to get a simple, straightforward response about what could have been an easily solved problem. Just tell me the truth, look at the evidence that it really happened and apologize, pop the money I paid for the game back in my account, I grumble a bit because it looked like I had had a very good chance of winning the game and then I move on and life goes on. Now I have to take time to see what else can be done, spread the info around so others will know what to do and dance around and make a lot of noise about it. Oh well, I'm committed now. :rolleyes:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest with you, when people open a new account in a forum with the only purpose of flaming a company, which they got mad at for whatever reason, it does not carry a lot of credibility. If you are unhappy with 888 Poker, they obviously dont play there. But dont expect, that anyone else will care about this and stop as well. So if this is the only reason, why you came to CC forum, you can move on now.