Aurora Graphics

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars client was updated around 2 weeks ago and included the new engine. In the default theme changes are rather subtle but if you select the saloon theme it now looks much better. I personally like the engine but it is still rather heavy. I see much higher GPU utilization on my laptop with the new engine than the old. It is ok for me but on old machine of my friend i needed to turn it off because client was stuttering like hell with the new engine. Generally it is good change because it will allow client to have much more modern look but it needs to either be optimized or the option to switch to the old engine to be retained. Otherwise people with slower machines will have problems.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you get it?
Is it a theme or something?
I would try it but do not understand.

Open the client Settings, see menu, choose [the appearance of the table] and there select [Schedule table], and put a check [Aurora] and all. You're trying! I tried it, I liked it. Play a little!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, maybe someone does not like it, but for a change it is very interesting. I suggest you try. Someone must really like it, I still liked the fact that you can expand the table to full screen, it turns out a full immersion without distractions, it's interesting.

J

jaimeH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PS Aurora

Deal sounds like machine guns
No lower right hand corner hand ( to confirm for us old guys what we have ) if not enabled
Clock runs down even before cards are dealt
etc
awful

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like it, I went back to the previous one, it runs slow
I don't see it as an option, but if it's slower I'm definitely not interested.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
New Aurora graphics engine, in the PokerStars client. I tried and I liked it! What say you?
when I open the Pokerstar client ... a message appears that my drive is outdated and it is not possible to run Aurora graphics .... my express chipset is the Intel G41 .... Intel informs that discontinued assistance for this product ... .. how could I update it through another site?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It comes with an update , the fact that made my hotkey fold response lag a little bit made me to disable the new engine. I am a laptop user , it is not a gaming one nor a slow.Maybe PC users who have a powerful set up will enjoy it more for the time being!

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I checked and mine was already enabled. So I have disabled it to see what the difference is. So focused on the game, dont really notice the graphics so much.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I open the Pokerstar client ... a message appears that my drive is outdated and it is not possible to run Aurora graphics .... my express chipset is the Intel G41 .... Intel informs that discontinued assistance for this product ... .. how could I update it through another site?

The guy you need technical support, there is help, I'm more scientific and psychological, I would probably need to change the computer probably outdated motherboard where the processor itself or none, go here to guys who fumble. I think here on the forum many of these.:rolleyes:

W

walle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
writing (almost) black on black ?

What is the point in writing (almost) black text in a black blackground ?
My cards are (almost) not readable when I want to see them after mucking.
And when a player has folded, his name and stack is (almost) unreadable.
The same goes for the player window : folded players and mucked cards are (almost) unreadable.
Why ?

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like my old custom theme which doesn’t work with Aurora, so I’m perfectly fine without the new feature.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I demolished the client, installed a new, now this function is not, I do not know, maybe it is still in the revision, but I liked it a little. I think sometimes you can play something looks like 888, but not quite.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all new things need a little getting used to, but I'm sure the public will approve of it in time.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
it looks good and gets a very nice fullscreen table layout which wasn't available before.
but it wasn't supported by Holdem Manager at that time so i disabled the Aurora.
also it had a bug with sounds, i was not able to mute some default sounds
thinking of giving it another go if the sounds issue is fixed.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to bump and old thread but my pc just crashed and all my stars settings got reset and Aurora got installed.

I tried playing with it and it seemed good but I was unable to tile 4 tables without overlap with the new system. Reverted back and could play with 6 no overlap. Pointless update imo.

P

probatr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when the aurora graphics will be available in the pokerstars.eu client? I cant find it, but for example in the .ES client its available and i personally like the new design.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when the aurora graphics will be available in the pokerstars.eu client? I cant find it, but for example in the .ES client its available and i personally like the new design.

Maybe you'd check settings then. There under table settings it'd be easy to turn it on/off ...

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Nice features, yes. Slow, yes. On my PC, it says that my video card driver is outdated, but when I try to update it, Windows 10 tells me that I have the latest version ! Go figure !!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was happy to update the engine at first. But then I saw that everything was working slowly. My computer survived, I won't take any more chances.