Chips
Looking for input on Global Poker .....:heeeellll

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an account, but I can never find a game worth playing. So know I do not play at Global. I am thinking about giving Club WPT a try again though.

:evil:Zer0:evil:

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've personally never played on it but last I heard (probably like a year ago) the games are very soft, you can't use any poker huds or tracking software for it, and they're based in the US. I heard the way they get around the online gambling laws is that they say you buy tokens that have no monetary value and you can play slots or whatever with those, but then they also give you a gift of like "poker bucks" that you can play poker with and then cash the poker bucks out for real money later. The logic there seems suuuuuuper thin and I feel like wouldn't stand up in a court or something but hey, they're still in business

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking for input on Global Poker .....:heeeellll
I played there for a long time. Part of the post directly above this one is correct. You can't deposit there. You buy "gold coins" with a gold coin purchase the give you "sweeps cash" free. All of their promotional things revolve around "gold coin" for lack of a better term quests.

For example complete 50 hands in gold coin cash games and it qualifies you for a sweeps cash tournament that has an .11 cent or sweeps buy-in.

You can make money there. The problem is since paypal booted them you can't withdraw it? Plus it's ridiculous impossible to verify yourself to do a cash out now?

The game play is crazy too. You'll never see a dry board there. Every hand is won on the river card.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone anymore.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good input !

I played there for a long time. Part of the post directly above this one is correct. You can't deposit there. You buy "gold coins" with a gold coin purchase the give you "sweeps cash" free. All of their promotional things revolve around "gold coin" for lack of a better term quests.

For example complete 50 hands in gold coin cash games and it qualifies you for a sweeps cash tournament that has an .11 cent or sweeps buy-in.

You can make money there. The problem is since PayPal booted them you can't withdraw it? Plus it's ridiculous impossible to verify yourself to do a cash out now?

The game play is crazy too. You'll never see a dry board there. Every hand is won on the river card.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone anymore.

Thank You - good input !!

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank You - good input !!
Certainly I haven't played there since they lost PayPal cashed out right before the forced everyone to go with "world pay" if you like sit and goes as long as you play the $50 and below you can shot fish in barrels all day long! The $70 and up are very competitive. If you do decide to try it there make sure you're approved to cash out ( they call it being verified ) before you deposit much)

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a great place to play, not quite as soft as it used to be.. but still an awesome go-to especially if you need a place to play on Mobile.

Ditching PayPal was actually a great move on their part, the direct debit cashouts are not only safer, but also faster.. with PayPal you're always running the risk of them closing your account, or otherwise seizing/delaying your funds.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like an interesting but little complex format of working. Good luck to all who try this out.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like an interesting but little complex format of working. Good luck to all who try this out.
If the Brady bunch had an a incestuous orgy love fling global poker would be their love child! It's by far the of the worst!

K

Kiritoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i have tried playing on global poker early this year when they were still running the free $2 no deposit promotion. The games are soft on lower stakes. But be careful, it's kinda rigged. You can win abit. Then some bad streak will happen.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because of my location, I cannot cash-out from that site.
I don't want to waste time in that case.

K

kgilbz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Games are still quite soft. I wouldn't deposit here but if you're bored maybe build a roll with the coins they give you at registry. There are also daily freerolls there that are quite easy to finish in.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried but I don't understand it. I played a tournament or maybe a few to get into a higher paying one and never got the ticket. I emailed support and they never responded. I just don't have that much time to waste on a site I don't understand.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played at GlobalPoker for a while...when you sign up they give you 20k in gold coins and $2 in $weeps Cash...the gold coins mean nothing...they are like play chips...the $weeps cash is what you want...One $weeps cash is equivalent to One Dollar...

I got my initial free $2 $weeps cash up to $350 by just playing at ring games...gameplay is pretty soft but there is also a lot of maniacs...

To cash out you need at least 50 $weeps Cash which will get you $50...I used Paypal to cash out but they ended their relationship with Paypal...I don't know how you can cashout now as I do not play there anymore...

I didn't like the browser setup they use...you have to play through a browser window...multi-tabling is difficult as windows to not "pop" to the front when it's time to act...

Cashing out was tedious and took a far amount of time...and that's when it was easy through Paypal...

so to some up...soft tables...some maniacs...bad software...questionable cashouts...

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Global Poker

Thanks for your comments and advise on Global Poker . Being in the USA in WPN the best option then ?

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes play on GP but the scheduled tourney's are so small that i just stick to cash games.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried but I don't understand it. I played a tournament or maybe a few to get into a higher paying one and never got the ticket. I emailed support and they never responded. I just don't have that much time to waste on a site I don't understand.
Is this a program?

G

Gaaangster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently play on Global Poker, I have been since feb. of this year. I work construction so I play in the morning and after work and it’s convenient that most of the tournaments I play are after 5pm. I’ve cashed a few time since they discontinued the service with Pay-Pal. The verify took about 5 days and I verified with my bank information with no problem. I’ve won a few tournaments so my opinion is biased but this site is legit. Also I’ve won a few tournament tickets and they automatically enter you into the target tournament.