Ante games sucks

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually like those damn ante games on pokerstars? I think they should remove it ASAP from zoom tables.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, the introduction of ante negatively affects zoom poker, especially when it takes a long time to get good hands, in addition, the increase in pot affected the aggression of players and increased the number of bluff 3 and 4 bets, increased the size of raises on the preflop and the number of all ins increased, turning the cash game into a Hyper SNG. Of course, you can adapt to everything, but the increased dispersion is annoying.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Games with ante are designed to increase the pace. If you do not constantly participate in the hands, you may notice how your stack will melt before your eyes. A black mark for such games.

E

ev10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ante Games

I personally really enjoyed the ante game especially at micro stakes, it made the games much more profitable for me as I like to play more aggressively and it also meant you had to play more hand prefolp (which most players don't do).

But I found the zoom pools were typically very nitty and over folded a bunch in the blinds so it made steals extremely profitable for me.

Just takes some time adjusting and getting used to.

Top 10 Games