Another Phone Call From Absolute Poker

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got my 2nd phone call from a nice lady at Absolute Poker offering me tempting bonuses to go back to their site.

I'm thinking of taking them up on this but after going into the site their fees seem to be the highest on the net. For a start they charge 20% on the micro SnGs and 16.6% on the $6 SnGs.

Also, it's hard to find a cash game that actually ISN'T a jackpot game; meaning they take much more rake - for a prize I'm hardly likely to win.

I've also heard their low buy-in tourny fees are quite high. (I couldn't even find info on this!)

This means that if I do re-join, I'll probably just mainly play the $10 SnGs.

As I was thinking of re-joining poker stars as well, I just wanted to know what the general feeling is here regarding Absolute Poker V. Poker Stars. It seems it's a case of High Fees and Softer Competition V. Lower Fees, Tougher Competition but better choice of games.

Also does anyone play Absolute's $10 SnGs? And what are they like?

Thanks

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most money that I have consistently won has been on AP. The play there is realy bad and if you know what you are doing you can clean up. I personally don't like stars. My own feelings about that place is too many players, higher RNG play, more bad beats.
Figure it this way with AP's fees, you're gonna win more there so you'll be able to overlook the fees.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go back to pokerstars - we have a lot of events you could play with us. Try both - no point in limiting yourseld to one site.

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Absolute brilliant to be honest, I play sng, the structure is the best I have found, really long, and so you have time to pick your spots.

Not sure about the micro limits, but the fees are pretty much the same as anywhere esle far as I can see. All the cash games aren't jackpot games at all. Although the traffic goes from nothing to total chaos

Pokerstars, just joined, I also like this site a lot, although the new graphics are much better on Absolute, I play with the no image skin on Pokerstars, and I find it fine, have made a nice start on Pokerstars so maybe my judement is a bit clouded yet :D

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, I've taken the plunge and put $200 in Absolute and $200 in Poker Stars.

Just gonna start off small and play some $6.50-$6.60 SnGs at Stars cos I've had some bad beats and bad cards in the past with this site. With Absolute I'm gonna jump straight in to the $10 SnGs.

Thanks for advice.

P.S. I'll be playing with the username of Spooonerism at PS; I've got the Battersea Power Station, Pink Floyd, album cover.