Advantage to some players!

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it possible that the software on the poker sites gives advantages to some players?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think so.
But, what do I know.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possible yes but extremely unlikely. Speculation about rigged poker sites have been rampant since the birth of online poker, which this forum is a prime example off. But so far noone has presented anything, which just resemble evidence.

One could point to something like the VW diesel emissions scandal as an example of big companies actually choosing to cheat, even the risk seem very high. But the difference is, this happened, because the engineers saw no easy legal way to comply with the extremely strict US diesel emission standards. So the choise was between cheating and not selling diesel vehicles in the US. The latter had obviously been a better choise, but one can at least see the motive for trying to get away with cheating.

Poker sites on the other hand simply dont have such a motive. Its not like, there are certain games, they cant offer, unless they rig their RNG. Where some of them actually do cheat, or at least circumvent the law, is by offering games in grey or unregulated markets. Which include all sites, that still accept US players outside the few states, where online poker is regulated. This is the really issue, but for some weird reason most people are way more concerned about the RNG being rigged than the safety of their deposited funds.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i Honestly don’t know what to think of the software, I don’t think any one person gets an advantage over another but I do feel like the software makes it so some one clearly wins and someone clearly loses

Example I’ve just gone tilt and lost all my bankroll, I know I’m at fault for the way I played but I also feel like the player I was up against used the software to their advantage

I’d had a run of bad beats in a 0.05/0.10 cash game and found my self with 8.00 left in my stack up against someone with 10.00. I was dealt picket A’s so raised to 0.20, everyone folded small blind who raised to 0.40 i then raised to 1.00 who then re-raised to a strange 3.60 I decided to call and see how things played out

Flop was 9,10, ACE seeing this I obviously got giddy and thought I’d go all in thinking surely he’s got more chance of folding with ace there and if not I had the trips, he called, only to show he had QK suited, the turn straight away dealt the J giving him the straight leaving me potless

Now having been on tilt this could all be in my head and I’d played the game completely wrong and read way too much into my aces but I also feel like the software needs to create excitement and decent rakes for there business and that’s a prime example of the the software luring 2 players into a decent pot

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true, that poker sites earn more rake, when “action boards” occur. But if they were actually rigging their RNG to create more such situations, its debatable, if it would increase long term profits. The reason is, that losing tend to make people more unhappy (sometimes even angry), than winning makes them happy. And when people get unhappy or angry, they tend to stop playing.

Also the hand, you mentioned, was not even the result of an “action board”. It was someone taking their hand way to far and getting lucky. Which is another thing, a lot of people feel happen more often, than it should. But losing after “getting sucked out on” makes people even more frustrated than losing in other ways. And why would any business try to create frustrated customers? It really makes no sense, if you think about it.

AIexander K

AIexander K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i Honestly don’t know what to think of the software, I don’t think any one person gets an advantage over another but I do feel like the software makes it so some one clearly wins and someone clearly loses

Example I’ve just gone tilt and lost all my bankroll, I know I’m at fault for the way I played but I also feel like the player I was up against used the software to their advantage

I’d had a run of bad beats in a 0.05/0.10 cash game and found my self with 8.00 left in my stack up against someone with 10.00. I was dealt picket A’s so raised to 0.20, everyone folded small blind who raised to 0.40 i then raised to 1.00 who then re-raised to a strange 3.60 I decided to call and see how things played out

Flop was 9,10, ACE seeing this I obviously got giddy and thought I’d go all in thinking surely he’s got more chance of folding with ace there and if not I had the trips, he called, only to show he had QK suited, the turn straight away dealt the J giving him the straight leaving me potless

Now having been on tilt this could all be in my head and I’d played the game completely wrong and read way too much into my aces but I also feel like the software needs to create excitement and decent rakes for there business and that’s a prime example of the the software luring 2 players into a decent pot

Your raise is very small and gives QKs a chance to call.
When you play preflop with aces, you make your standard raise in 3-4 big blinds.
In a $ 0.05/$ 0.10 game, this will be a raise of $ 0.30 - $ 0.40.
Since you raise the same on all your hands, no one can tell if you are raising with AA or 98 suited.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to think that no but it has always seemed strange to me that in a tournament in mid-stages or before the bubble in most cases the player with less stack at the time of making shove loses many times in an incredible way and also when I make a Withdrawal I always have a bad run, I have always thought that it is paranoia on my part since I do not believe that the software benefits or harms a player or a group of players in specific

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possibly, but we will never know. What is true, is that bad beat that you get, the same software returns it to you, or at least that happens to me in pokerstars

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to think that no but it has always seemed strange to me that in a tournament in mid-stages or before the bubble in most cases the player with less stack at the time of making shove loses many times in an incredible way and also when I make a Withdrawal I always have a bad run, I have always thought that it is paranoia on my part since I do not believe that the software benefits or harms a player or a group of players in specific

I have noticed this also but I have changed my game into rather than just scraping into the money in making sure my stack is big enough to reverse the situation and have it that I can take advantage of the people sitting on smaller stacks wanting to scrape through.

I suppose for all the faults in the online software/games there is always the chance that you will end up on the flip side of the disadvantage it’s just you take losing a lot harder than winning if that makes sense. I know for sure I’m a very bad loser and tend to chase losses back which in the long run ends up affecting my game. Still hoping to learn and grow from these situations and there’s always room for improvement in everyone’s games i suppose

Good luck all

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Let us not forget that we were many times and the other side where with minimal chances we overturned everything and won. The idea is that we keep in mind the bad beats that we take against those we give. I think the balance is about the same and I don't think it's a software problem in helping certain players.

F

falkoneti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think there are rooms like poker stars which some players prefer. If not he is going against someone enough to play against him again a loser. I had a case in which lose 4-5 hands, as I do with AA, AK, KKK, etc. 101 010 I do not know whether I imagine, but every time is the same.

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Software may give another player some advantages if they know how to use it properly example stat checking other players, seeing how often another players bets OP for example, number of times a players bets on first street etc... but generally not a major advantage since so many other components come into play. And no, poker sites are not rigged.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
is it possible that the software on the poker sites gives advantages to some players?

I believe that the strengths of players are only in their skills, experience, patience and discipline. These factors are fundamental and decisive.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pretty sure that happened on Full Tilt. Been a while but I thought it was the villain could see other players cards.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the cards flop the same for all! :deal:

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the program is helping any of the players. Everything happens randomly there. It's just that when you lose, you focus on it very much. How so ??? How could I lose here ??

But you remember how many times you were on the opposite side, how lucky you were, but you quickly forget it, because defeat gives chagrin

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It is called variance. But on partypoker some people do have an unfair advantage because only some people can import hand histories to tracker software.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has any one TRIED that POKER HUD database software? Is it worth it?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for sure man there's so much software I dont know where to start, you should really narrow down your question as theres study software & live play software too like HUD etc

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Of course, software gives advantages!:deal: If it didn't give advantage,
it wouldn't be used...:rolleyes: This and so understand.:cool: That's all! And Good Luck Everybody! ;):joyman::)

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It only gives you an advantage if you understand the software and have a high limit understanding of poker.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, but you can use some rooms without HUD. Pokermatch, pokerdom for example.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I doubt it and here is why. That secret would get out. There is no way it wouldn't and then they would be done for and go out of business. There is no logical reason for them to do anything that would ruin the moneymaking machine they have. I know of people who have thearys and ideas of what they do bit then how do you have professional players making money constantly around the world.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly find it impossible for this practice to occur on serious poker sites.
Why would they jeopardize their reliability and their name in the market at risk?
They make a lot of money from all game formats, there is no need to do anything irregular and mainly favor someone with that kind of attitude.
I trust 100% that the big sites are reliable.
Some people say that some sites favor their players ambassadors, which frankly is ridiculous.
Good luck at the tables!