ACR won't allow me to deposit

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it their loss, but I was really interested in playing there, (I've just been playing the freerolls)

I'm currently living in Morocco and traveling around, thus won't be returning to the states for quite some time. I attempted to make a first time deposit with a credit card and they've since removed the option.

I've contacted them and their response is I'm unable to use a US credit/debit (I have an international credit & debit card, different institutions with no locks and no fees) for their site unless I'm IN the US.....like...really?

Bitcoin isn't an option as I can't sign up for coinbase or similar sites since if I use my current foreign phone # to authenticate, it won't match my nationality. I can't use my US phone number...cause well yea, I'm not there....

Since no electronic wallets are allowed by gambling sites in the US, that kills that option as well.

Seems like a stupid move on their part for locking access for US citizens while traveling outside the country.

NEVER had any issues doing this with ignition (but I refuse to play there now, for other reasons I won't get into)

Long story short....WOMP WOMP

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds terrible.:eek:
111115_EX_prisonLifeFW.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You could perhaps try a money transfer, or get a prepaid card approved for international transactions.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could perhaps try a money transfer, or get a prepaid card approved for international transactions.

I was under the impression that had to come from another individual?

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got my card approved for international purchases (needed for business anyways) I sent in a pic of ID and proof of address and the credit card option was available with no problems.

Being outside the states they may think its fraud.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got my card approved for international purchases (needed for business anyways) I sent in a pic of ID and proof of address and the credit card option was available with no problems.

Being outside the states they may think its fraud.

That's the thing, I already did all of those things yesterday. They sent me this:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We have great news. We successfully received your documents for your location, your account is now certified with our company. Feel free to fee free to get in your at your earliest convenience.

So then I tried again today with no luck, it wasn't AFTER this email until the option disappeared. So I called them and the first guy I talked to just repeatedly blamed my bank, then the second person I spoke to said it was their system and there was no work around. Not really sure if any of them know what they're doing...

Were you actually able to make a deposit with that card? Or did you just see the option,

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I opened up my account for 48 hours to allow for international transactions as well, the whole process is tedious and frustrating.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it their loss, but I was really interested in playing there, (I've just been playing the freerolls)

I'm currently living in Morocco and traveling around, thus won't be returning to the states for quite some time. I attempted to make a first time deposit with a credit card and they've since removed the option.

I've contacted them and their response is I'm unable to use a US credit/debit (I have an international credit & debit card, different institutions with no locks and no fees) for their site unless I'm IN the US.....like...really?

Bitcoin isn't an option as I can't sign up for coinbase or similar sites since if I use my current foreign phone # to authenticate, it won't match my nationality. I can't use my US phone number...cause well yea, I'm not there....

Since no electronic wallets are allowed by gambling sites in the US, that kills that option as well.

Seems like a stupid move on their part for locking access for US citizens while traveling outside the country.

NEVER had any issues doing this with Ignition (but I refuse to play there now, for other reasons I won't get into)

Long story short....WOMP WOMP

Hello, I am the ACR Rep. I'd like to clarify some details. Whenever there is an IP country mismatch our system automatically closes the account and doesn't let you play. However, in your case, as it did not close the account, it restringed the card options, just as a security measure. This is for protection, we just want to make sure you are the one actually playing with your account. The card options will be back as soon as you get back to the registered country, I'd suggest you try out any other deposit method meanwhile, such as Bitcoin and I will happily assist you with the process. If you have further questions, let me know and I will help you out.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am the ACR Rep. I'd like to clarify some details. Whenever there is an IP country mismatch our system automatically closes the account and doesn't let you play. However, in your case, as it did not close the account, it restringed the card options, just as a security measure. This is for protection, we just want to make sure you are the one actually playing with your account. The card options will be back as soon as you get back to the registered country, I'd suggest you try out any other deposit method meanwhile, such as Bitcoin and I will happily assist you with the process. If you have further questions, let me know and I will help you out.

I understand the initial security measure when logging in with a foreign IP, that's a good policy. However after requesting three different forms of identification, which I provided(including photos and information for the card in question), and then continuing to bar the option, is absurd. And no, Bitcoin is not an option. Why even have a verification process in place if it doesn't do anything.