ACR Venom steps

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone try to go for the cash in the step tourneys? The last place pays the $ left over. I hit it once for $40. Seems like a lot of ppl are trying the same. I usually enter in the last level and bet everything but a couple blinds when down to the last position. Still very hard to accomplish.

Anyone get into the 5m yet? :eek:

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The step 1 qualifiers are extremely easy to cash. I currently cash at an over 40% rate on a sample size of 52. Anyone else having similar results?

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've had the same thought of trying to win the left over prize pool Given that its extremely difficult to actually win a seat into the $5M (even if you make it all the way to Step 6, only 1st place wins a ticket), better to try to pick up some cash and build up a roll along the way. Only managed to make it to Step 3 so far and no luck yet.

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first three steps (to the $50 ticket) are simple. I have not gotten past that. I wasted 5 $50 tickets trying to get the cash. From now on I am going to dedicate half of each step tickets to the next step and the remaining to cast attempts.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont play for the cash but would not complain if it were to happen to me. I do know one person who cashed nicely in the $50.00 game though.

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed today that a .25 cent step one was added. I am confused why anyone would buy into a tourney that is already free. Is there a serious need to get cash together for this event? Curious?

C

CalyxCrystals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed today that a .25 cent step one was added. I am confused why anyone would buy into a tourney that is already free. Is there a serious need to get cash together for this event? Curious?

The .25 cent one has $3+ bubble reward, looks like 50 people or less join, and its a hyper turbo. Some might find those reasons worth it?

I agree though, the step 1/6 freeroll is pretty easy so I wouldn't bother with this one.

T

Trynd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain what this means for someone who's pretty new to these. like how do you get paid anything past the ticket in these exactly?

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain what this means for someone who's pretty new to these. like how do you get paid anything past the ticket in these exactly?

After late reg ends, the tournament lobby will always show you how many players get paid, this is true for all tournaments. However, in the Venom steps 2-6, the last place paid doesn't receive a ticket to the next step, but rather 100% of all remaining buy-ins money that wasn't enough to reach the next step's ticket price.

So for example, if you bubble step 2/6 and don't receive a ticket to next step, you will receive a cash prize anywhere from a few dollars up to $16ish. These cash prize bubble amounts vary with each step tournament, as it's based on number of entrants. Just click on the tournament, click tournament lobby, and the left hand side will show you positions and places paid(after late reg).

T

Trynd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After late reg ends, the tournament lobby will always show you how many players get paid, this is true for all tournaments. However, in the Venom steps 2-6, the last place paid doesn't receive a ticket to the next step, but rather 100% of all remaining buy-ins money that wasn't enough to reach the next step's ticket price.

So for example, if you bubble step 2/6 and don't receive a ticket to next step, you will receive a cash prize anywhere from a few dollars up to $16ish. These cash prize bubble amounts vary with each step tournament, as it's based on number of entrants. Just click on the tournament, click tournament lobby, and the left hand side will show you positions and places paid(after late reg).

good to know. seems hard to pull off intentionally though.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good to know. seems hard to pull off intentionally though.

It is tough. I've tried to do it a few times but ended up with a ticket to next step instead lol. I'll only do it if I have multiple tickets though, I'd rather win a seat to the big game.

T

Trynd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is tough. I've tried to do it a few times but ended up with a ticket to next step instead lol. I'll only do it if I have multiple tickets though, I'd rather win a seat to the big game.
yeah. i just came back to poker to try to get a ticket to the venom. should have my 3rd step after this one is over.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a few times. but can't seem to make it past step 3. but I keep on trying. practice makes perfect ya know.