ACR Update

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering is anyone else is having a problem downloading the ACR Update today. Mine goes a little ways and just stops.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well something is wrong. Ever thing else on here works fine. I tried to download BCP and it's the same. Oh well

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again. I tried to download BCP last night and use them for the daily freerolls, but the download stops very quickly on that one. Does anyone know anything I could try to see if it will work. I'm using a hotspot for my wifi and I have even talked to support, but all they did was tell me to reset it. Also this is a brand new computer. I just don't understand what's wrong.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just wondering is anyone else is having a problem downloading the ACR Update today. Mine goes a little ways and just stops.
Try opening as administrator by right clicking on ACR desktop shortcut and clicking "Run as administrator" if that fails try uninstalling and going to https://www.americascardroom.eu/ and downloading the installer and doing a clean install of the ACR software.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks again. I tried to download BCP last night and use them for the daily freerolls, but the download stops very quickly on that one. Does anyone know anything I could try to see if it will work. I'm using a hotspot for my wifi and I have even talked to support, but all they did was tell me to reset it. Also this is a brand new computer. I just don't understand what's wrong.
Before doing reinstall of fresh download of installer you should go to "This PC"/"Local Disk (C:)" and find "AmericasCardroom" as well as "BCP" or "BlackChipPoker" I am not sure how that one is listed I don't have BCP installed but remove all WPN skins files and do a reboot before you install ACR again. You might even want to try something like Revo uninstaller and install Revo then do the reinstall of ACR and BCP if they don't update correctly at least Revo can then remove all associated files related to ACR and BCP before you try anything else.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A couple of years ago. I had this problem with ACR and I ended up selling my desktop and buying another one. after trying everything ACR customer support told me to try, and doing a complete reinstall of Windows the same thing happened nothing worked I even cloned my laptop ssd to my desktop and got it to open ACR but after I started my computer again ACR would not even open again, so I just bought a new PC. The desktop I had was an HP can't remember the model but I bought a HP SSD since then and I had to RMA it so I am staying away from HP products now, lol.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I made post about using up my 7GBs on my hotspot in less than 10 days. Now what I found out from Str8 Talk is the fact that if I leave my hotspot on all the time, even when I'm not using it, those GBs will continue to be used. So what I had to do was buy $50 more for 10GBs.of data. But before I did that I done most of what the ACR rep told me to do but I still could not download those two, however, after I bought those 10GBs I downloaded both sites in less than 30 minutes. So no matter what happened, I'm a little happier now. But one thing is for sure, I will be turning the hotspot OFF. Thanks for all the replies

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! No problem at all, the client of course requires a lot of resources. But I never had any problems downloading the update.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WPN can't do an update without messing something up so it's no big surprise. You can no longer see the people seated at the table before you sit down? WPN's is a joke and I can't wait to see what decision they make next to make it even worse.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very heavy software
i can no longer play on my weak computer

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of years ago. I had this problem with ACR and I ended up selling my desktop and buying another one. after trying everything ACR customer support told me to try, and doing a complete reinstall of Windows the same thing happened nothing worked I even cloned my laptop ssd to my desktop and got it to open ACR but after I started my computer again ACR would not even open again, so I just bought a new PC. The desktop I had was an HP can't remember the model but I bought a HP SSD since then and I had to RMA it so I am staying away from HP products now, lol.
Was this an advice from ACR? 'Sell your PC and buy a new one' :rofl:

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Was this an advice from ACR? 'Sell your PC and buy a new one' :rofl:
No... That was not ACR's advice but after trying total clean install of the operating system (Windows10) and that not working and then cloning the ssd from a laptop only to have that fail after the first reboot, I just sold it... no, actually I remember I gave it away to someone that does not play poker. On my system after that which was a Dell Optiplex, I had zero problems and after that until now I have an ASRock (intel) system and have no problems. On that HP system there was a known problem that HP never did address properly for users and that was the ethernet adapter would not start automatically on boot, you had to go into device manager and disable it then re-enable it to get it to work which was real annoying, I got a ethernet adapter and just permanently disabled the built in one and that fixed that. I think when they put the system out with windows 10 there were problems with the drivers working correctly in all situations on that system which was shipped with Windows 7 and then later on was shipped with Windows 10 and I don't think the Windows 10 systems ever worked like they should have on that model so I don't think it was ACR's fault. Back then I was already annoyed with that PC so that ACR problem was the last straw. :pcguru: :banghead:

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just logged on uploaded a new version in about a minute and all is good:)