ACR Timeouts

SouthBayPokerTour

SouthBayPokerTour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
How many of you experience connection losses and forced sit outs for no reason on ACR and BlackChip (WPN network). I'll admit I don't have the best WiFi ever but I don't have this issue on ignition or Carbon. Also many times, someone else at the table is timing down from 80 with a red X over there avatar which I can only assume is a loss of connection for that player. Is it just me?
Thanks, Slick

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not just u. It happens all the time and is a known issue but seems like they wont fix it.

Part of the reasons why i would never play there for meaningfull money nor would i recommend them to anyone but my worst enemies.

Someone on 2+2 wrote it helps to keep the lobby up and not minimize it. U could try that, i did not test it by now since i almost never play there.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
How many of you experience connection losses and forced sit outs for no reason on ACR and BlackChip (WPN network). I'll admit I don't have the best WiFi ever but I don't have this issue on Ignition or Carbon. Also many times, someone else at the table is timing down from 80 with a red X over there avatar which I can only assume is a loss of connection for that player. Is it just me?
Thanks, Slick
the pc App usually works for me but the mobile version is a nightmare...

SouthBayPokerTour

SouthBayPokerTour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Its not just u. It happens all the time and is a known issue but seems like they wont fix it.

Part of the reasons why i would never play there for meaningfull money nor would i recommend them to anyone but my worst enemies.

Someone on 2+2 wrote it helps to keep the lobby up and not minimize it. U could try that, i did not test it by now since i almost never play there.
Thanks, I always keep the lobby up on a different monitor.
Appreciate the response, Slick

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play from my laptop as well. I do lose the connection at times, but it could be our internet provider. When that happens I'm able to connect to a hotspot on my phone. That's been enourmously helpful. Someone on the forums here suggested it to me a while ago, and I use it all the time.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also often lost the connection on ACR, I rarely have this problem with PS or GG, I think they don't have a server near my place.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm also having this connection problem in ACR, but I rarely can't play the hand

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Connection problems at ACR is a common problem I see . At first I thought it was my WiFi , but nope , it seems everyone is experiencing similar problems

ACR Mobile is a nightmare as sb said above
Disconnections all the time
Switching between Apps and going back to ACR mobile , only to see you have been disconnected, again .... Sh**

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always play from my laptop, but even then disconnections are more common than on PokerStars, at least from my limited experience.

You have disconnections on Pokerstars? I never disconnect on Stars...ever. (but I never disconnect on A.C.R., GGPoker, 888Poker, partypoker, TitanPoker.. even when having them all running simultaneously).

I ALWAYS play hard-wired to the internet... never via wifi.

I also use CAT8 Ethernet Cable

Many, many years ago I would occasionally struggle on some of the sites (ie Partypoker) I can't recall the last time I've had a disconnect. For sure not for the past 4years... but maybe closer to 10.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A.C.R. is definitely a HUGE resource hog though. It takes more CPU to run ACR than it does to run 4 other sites at once.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know if it can even be classified as a disconnection problem as it sometimes happens at some tables on ACR but not others.

Another weird thing that happens to me when playing on ACR is when I click on something else whether it be a browser or the tournament lobby and then go back to the poker tables - when it's my turn to act everything running on my PC pops up over my table(s) And I have to minimize them. And it keeps happening - thankfully I can just move everything (browser tournament lobby, client lobby, etc) over to my other monitor so it doesn't get in the way.