ACR staking (beta)

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm guessing we've all seen the new Staking button. What i'm wondering is if anyone actually got any experience with it yet? Like when they picked a specific tournament to have listed, anyone try it out? I haven't caught one in there yet, but would like to see how it tracks from both sides. Does it auto pay out percentages, totals overall per player, win/loss counters etc?

Also, what exactly is the Markup column in this staking context?

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if I will use it or not. Probably have a better chance of staking someone from here I guess unless you can stake a pro lol..

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have absolutely no idea about it but i think its great they implement such an option since now everything is more easy if you want to stake or get staked. every modern poker room should offer this feature in my opinion.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it's just annoying they have it up and just a blank area. Not a fantastic beta, they could at least let us do some testing on the micro tourneys. Would be funny to sell/buy in small percentages on a .55 buyin. Would be like those confirmation bank transfers of .01/.03 deals they do. Could let us see what's going on.

Still would love to hear from anyone who's gotten lucky (or knows if i'm missing something?) and seen a tourney to stake at least?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Saw the button last night for the 1st time. Not sure how it will work out but I think I wont be using it; But you never know.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing we've all seen the new Staking button. What i'm wondering is if anyone actually got any experience with it yet? Like when they picked a specific tournament to have listed, anyone try it out? I haven't caught one in there yet, but would like to see how it tracks from both sides. Does it auto pay out percentages, totals overall per player, win/loss counters etc?

Probably, it will be the same like on GG. I see, unfortunately, acr goes down. They made terrible decisions in the last 1-1,5 years with their updates - even still couldnt fix the 'crash after maintanance' things. Dont really play there since months, no point anymore, they ruined the tourney offers, totally. Instead of 30-50 micro/low tourneys/day nowadays they have max 5/day what i would play, because of wild time ranges, max 3.....

And even they cut back the guarantees next to that, so less tourneys for smaller gtds.... most of the players play 2-4+ in the same time, but i wont register for any crappy, insane structure or 5 hours late reg one, because there is no other options.... just looking for a new 3rd room to replace them...... (dont understand, what they think, how they plan to fill the tourneys, as when they delete, cut back gtds, just more people leave the room, even those who stay, wont play 5-6 totally different stake level 6-8 max tourneys in the same time....) And this is happening in the main online poker season!!!!......

I wanted to add, if someone plays on the GG, can easily see they try to copy them - they ran out from ideas (never really had so many good one) -, just checked today, they changed the lobby for the same - what doesnt fit to the platform at all -, the staking idea obviously comes from there, the GG, that's a good one, so i suppose will be totally the same.

Too bad they've started to go to the wrong direction 1,5 years ago when the covid crap hit in, and was a little boom in online poker.... then i was swearing after every 'maintanance', as they made something always worse for 90% of players, nowadays the result is clearly visible in the traffic.... (The most obvious thing, if you don't have enough players, regs you don't cut back all the 9 max games to 8 max or less, you keep all and change most of that to 9 max, so people can play, register more tourneys in the same time.... just common sense... someone really clueless there, especially that the regs used to it, and it could be unique, as i think except 888 none of the rooms favour the 9max anymore... - even all still have, not like acr...)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like a great feature.

I am waiting to see how it works.

Hopefully it is easy.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like a great feature.

I am waiting to see how it works.

Hopefully it is easy.

must be easy, and probably more early reg will be on the tourneys, however I wonder how it will effect the unlimited rebuys, and late regs - dont mention the 5 hours late regs. I don't think it's a good match like this.

On GG/Natural8, it looks like this: (They have an onsite tourney record database about all players, similar like sharkscope, just free, can check back the last 100 tourneys, previous stakes etc. Wonder how will acr create something like this. 2nd picture)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 37
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely think its inspirated by GG Poker, and not a bad idea at all. It makes staking much easier and safer for those, who want to engage in those sort of arrangements :)

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have used this option on GGpoker several times and it is very easy to use. I’m not going to use it on ACR because tournaments are such a structure that it’s not wise to invest money in a player’s first bullet, because late registration with a huge number of reentries lasts an eternity. Most high-ranking players have a few entries in the tournament, so I think investing in someone’s first entry is a waste of money.
Explanation for the question "what is markup?". It is the earnings of the player who sells the shares (coefficient). For example, if the buy-in for a tournament is $ 50 and you buy 10% and the markup is 1.1, you will pay $ 5.5 instead of $ 5, if the markup is 1.2, you will pay $ 6 and so on.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually haven’t seen it yet but it sounds interesting

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think it will be ready to use, full fuction next year , lol . They do not add many tourneys , they should release it completely one day , or else add many micro tourneys , add tourneys with buy ins $11 , $15 , $22 , and the bigger GTDs and players' pools , it would be a good idea .

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I saw many tourneys in the staking lobby on Friday , for the weekend games , at last . I decided to try it , not many asked for staking , 5 I staked a little for fun , 2 lost , 3 to go .I wan't to see how these staked players play , more fearlessly because they invested less money or not?? I will check 1-2 two of my horses tomorrow , although these last 2 weeks I have constant disconnection problems , I have to contact internet provider ....

C

chevanater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spun for a $3.62 stake won it for 3 cents! Then my horse won me $400 when I woke up!

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't used it either

I haven't used this tool yet, I'm just like you with this doubt about what this new implementation in Acr will be like. I've seen a lot on other sites but I didn't have the courage to use it either

O

Osamathellama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Staked one player that made +$2 for me, staked more for the week

Tried it out on a pretty solid player I've seen in MTTs for Manic Monday, they played well up to the all-in barrage at the close of registration, then went conservative til they min cashed which was appreciated as every hand was multi way all ins.

Staked a few games for them and another player over the week for higher stakes, hoping that will reduce the wave of degens buying in last second to spray all ins non stop, if even one min cashes it should at least pay for all the stakes.

To me it's worth the $50ish I staked for 5 shots at a huge payout, checked Sharkscope and they are both solid at making final tables, I'll report back Sunday night / Monday how the ROI (if any) from stakes.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its nice from the perspective that staking deals done on our own are always at risk of either being cheated or ripped off. So having the deals done right there in the poker client is super nice.

Having said that, I never do staking. From my own perspective, why would I want to share my winnings with anyone? Yes, I realize accepting a stake from an "investor" means I can "play higher", and playing higher buyins means winning more since prize pools are bigger... but it seems like a break-even thing, even if you do make a bigger cash, you have to give a significant percentage away to your backer. So it's really a wash, all you are doing is getting experience playing with better players, which is certainly worth something in the long term, but I have always believed it is better to "play on our own dime" and play at a lower level where the opposition isn't quite so good at poker. You'll cash more often at lower levels than you will at the higher stakes, so again, the entire thing seems like a wash (break-even) at best. My opinions obv, I'm quite conservative with bankroll and money, just in general. Many players are the exact opposite from me, they love to "gamble" and take extra risks hoping to run their bankroll up quicker than I do... to each their own, as they say!!

Another problem is, ACR doesn't make it very easy to review past tournament results, they delete tournament lobbies one day after the tournament has finished, so there's no way on the site to see who is generating solid results and who isn't. Yes I realize there are "third-party sites" that do this, Sharkscope is one, but I don't pay for those sites and we only get a few free lookups each day if we don't pay. Also, third-party sites are not perfectly reliable, my own Sharkscope, for example, is missing quite a few of my results and isn't an accurate reflection of my play.

I think if ACR is going to push staking as legitimate, they need to provide us with some way to track the other players and see how they perform over time. Quite honestly, I think poker sites do everything they can do to PREVENT third-party sites from "scraping" tournament results data, so from that aspect, it just doesn't make sense to leave it up to Apps like Sharkscope, they need to provide it as a service themselves within the ACR client.

And a reminder (gotta get on my soapbox yet again)... ACR still has not fixed their hand history bugs (the final hand of tournaments often never gets recorded when the table breaks immediately after our bust-out hand ends), so if they aren't willing to fix that issue (its still not on their long-term update schedule as far as I can see), then why would they offer us player results for staking purposes? The entire staking thing is a mixed message, in my opinion, seems clear its just another profit motive for them, I assume there is a fee charged by the site for the "privilege" of being allowed to buy or sell a stake. Nothing is ever free in our world, we pay for it somehow. Like ALL corporations in our capitalist (or communist nowadays) world, there is only ONE motive for anything, and that motive is money (profit). If a corporation says they're doing something for our benefit, they're just trying to make themselves look good. Corporations have only ONE motive, all other motives are falsehoods designed to enhance their singular profit motive. There is no good will in the corporate world, if they pretend there is, they're doing it to suck people into their profit game without them realizing that's all it really is. There's a lot of this in the corporate world, "Oh look at how good we are at protecting the environment", for example... they NEVER care about that stuff because it costs them profit, but they love to pretend in order to fool the public into thinking they're a "good corporation". Public relations is critical to profiting, "putting on a good face", and that's what its always about.

Last edited: