ACR -Spin to GET IN!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a Spin To Get In feature in the tourney lobby on ACR. You can bet .01c, 0.25c or $1 to try and get into the tourney without playing. You get 3 of a kind and you win. Wanted to know if anyone has ever entered a tourney through this method.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a Spin To Get In feature in the tourney lobby on ACR. You can bet .01c, 0.25c or $1 to try and get into the tourney without playing. You get 3 of a kind and you win. Wanted to know if anyone has ever entered a tourney through this method.

I have done it a couple of times. Once for a few pennies and once for a quarter. I have heard of other people who have spun to get in as well. One gal I know spun in for a penny and took 2nd place in the tournament.

It doesn't happen all that often though. I have probably spun more than I have received in value.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin to get into tourney, also spin to renter Venom

At ACR you can "spin" at various levels, 0.01, and up, to gain entry to tourney. It can also be used to try and reenter a tourney. Playing the Venom tourney steps, grinding through the free steps, it is tempting to spin and reenter, especially when you are up in the steps, say step 3, 4, or 5 out of possible 5 steps.
Has anyone reentered Venom, or other multi-step tourneys using the "spin" method, and how much did you wager, .01, .05, more??

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a little under a dollar real $ a little while back when i busted the $15+$1.51 level and I spun it .01 per spin till it was gone trying to get back in. No luck. But I'd try again. If a dollar got me in 1 in 16 times I'm still barely ahead. ha. Also curious if anyone has actually won entry or re-entry into anything with a .01 spin. Or any spin.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea its a waste of money designed to collect odd amounts of money left in accounts like $1.27.

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin 2 wins???

I have never got in with the spin to win. I’ve tried several times with all different prices. I don’t even try it anymore. Feels like a ripoff.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're really starting to figure out more ridiculous ways of trying to take our money huh Lol. I tried a couple times and no luck.

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually used this once and got in a $50 buy in tournament for only $5, i ended up hitting for a couple hundred and so it obviously caught my attention, i ended up losing about $10 through this method and then i knew that i had to get away from it and i havnt used it since. my advice would be to stay away from it because like chitownron said, its just another way for them to get a few bucks out of each person, if not alot.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spin to get in to many tournaments. Never have won with a 1 cent spin. I go on cold streaks and hot streaks. Overall I would say I’m likely down overall unknown amount in ratio to buy in amount. I have spun in to $109 for 3$ and that’s my best. Mostly I spin a few times then buy in. If I get lucky great, if not so be it. It’s gotten harder to win lately. I’m not sure if anything has changed but it feels tighter causing me to spin less.

NightFun

NightFun

CC Elite CC=AWESOME! Woof
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've spun only .01c and got in several times...silly I never tried the bigger buyins so not sure how lucky I'd be with them

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I sure have

My that musical sound is hypnotic.

It adjusts as per the amount you are betting and the price of the ticket.

Spin to get in on a $1 tournament and I'd say -good chance before 100 you win - NOT that I do that.

But betting 1 penny entry for the $2500 Venom for example- I don't think that's going to happen but once in a lifetime.

That goofy sounds makes me feel like I have a gambling problem or something because I'll sometimes spend 15 cents on 15 tries to get in, and it just seems a hopeless way to spend time in this short life HOWEVER - I do use it sometimes as a 'sure, why not - I'll give it a few whirls'.

Never more then the penny though heh

I'm such a nit