ACR refusing to pay $1000 bounty from dafran special freeroll despite video evidence

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am skeptix on ACR, skepskepskep on twitch, schizoiYT on reddit, skeptix82 on 2+2 and both schizoi and Wax Pax Legends on youtube. I was the 2nd player to eliminate dafran from his special freeroll. ACR support is claiming I was not among the first five to eliminate him, but as you will see from the video evidence, I was the 2nd.

Part 1 (shows start of tournament)
Part 2 (overlaps part 1 and shows bustout hand)
full twitch vod (hand in question ~6 hours 51 minutes into VOD)

email thread with support stating 5 bounties

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello everyone, I am skeptix on ACR, skepskepskep on twitch, schizoiYT on reddit, skeptix82 on 2+2 and both schizoi and Wax Pax Legends on youtube. I was the 2nd player to eliminate dafran from his special freeroll. ACR support is claiming I was not among the first five to eliminate him, but as you will see from the video evidence, I was the 2nd.

Part 1 (shows start of tournament)
Part 2 (overlaps part 1 and shows bustout hand)
full twitch vod (hand in question ~6 hours 51 minutes into VOD)

email thread with support stating 5 bounties

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated.
Any update on this?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately no. I just sent another e-mail to support but nothing good to report. I do expect to get paid eventually because the evidence is so overwhelming, so I'm trying to remain positive and focus on this.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of the lobby at the end of the tourney would you? If you have "dafranTwitch" in the shot, I believe that it will show that he ended the tourney with less than 5 "buy-ins". ACR launched an upgrade that shows everyone that rebought with a "*#" next to their ID. I rebought twice, so I was "mtl mile end *3" - (initial free buy-in + 2 rebuys). Aside from the fact that you busted him early in the tourney, if you could show the final placement in the tourney lobby with a *3 or *4 next to his name, it would be irrefutable.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree this would be irrefutable, but no I did not take a screenshot of the lobby at the end of the tournament. I immediately e-mailed support after the hand to report what had happened, with the hand # and to ask if anything else was required of me. I did make a small youtube clip of the hand which I included in the original email and shared with a few friends. I figured I would need to provide irrefutable proof to them, not to you (though I think the vod currently being available for viewing so anyone can see for themselves is also irrefutable proof). Before this I had 100% confidence in the integrity of ACR payouts and didn't think such a thing would be required to receive my $$$$.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The latest email from support has them changing their story but they still won't engage with my evidence.

So now they claim I was the fifth player to knock dafran out (I was the 2nd), and that only FOUR players were eligible for the bounty (5 were eligible)...

Attachments

• 345.png
    345.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 14
ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
instigate a case in smalkl claims court. It won't cost much, but will force to provide evidence that the rules did not change ... and in any event will cause them reputational damage...they'll offer to settle before you go to court
small claims does not require a lawyer and has minimal costs (as long as you do not libel or slander)

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought that was only a domestic thing. In any case, I just want my $1000. Once the right people learn of this, with the evidence being so clear, I will get paid.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
The latest email from support has them changing their story but they still won't engage with my evidence.

So now they claim I was the fifth player to knock dafran out (I was the 2nd), and that only FOUR players were eligible for the bounty (5 were eligible)...
Trust me the only thing which will work is a lawyer. You got the evidence so it's an easy win..
It's the only way most of the time.
That goes for many situations aside from poker also.

Edit : oh didn't see your last response:)
What changed their mind?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I imagine the information finally got to the right people, whoever those people are. I was pinging like crazy last night on twitter, maybe one of them came through for me.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I imagine the information finally got to the right people, whoever those people are. I was pinging like crazy last night on twitter, maybe one of them came through for me.
Happy for you ! Guess social media is good for smth :D

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Weird that it took so long tho.
Sketchy

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm glad they are paying you. Shouldn't have being so complicated and "weird", but at least you are getting your money. :cool:

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Very happy that it came through for you. With all that evidence it was bound to happen, was just a matter of time.
Gl with your profit.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's such a huge mistake on their side, I mean they have all the datas and hand infos and the criteries to not place you in that shoes! Glad you went for your deserved money, and enjoy it from now. :)

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
This shouldnt happen on that huge site. Its a big mistake , and someone should be punished for it. You had to beg for your money, its shame :D

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really appreciate all your well-wishes. I've successfully cashed out $900. I don't know what happened here and I'm not going to speculate. I still believe ACR is one of the better poker rooms in certain jurisdictions, as evidenced by my leaving a hundred and change behind to play with. I'll just be sure to be vigilant in the future if these situations come up.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
looks like both of today's smaller special freerolls wont happen . the earlier one somehow got cancelled ( twitch streamer claimed he didnt have the password) and the one due to start soon has not allowed any registration ( though the PW has been posted quite a while )

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good that you received your money :)
I think they should have a way to give the bounty immediately in these cases. I won a bounty once after eliminating a pro player on 888poker, but at least I received the money in 1 day for what I remember and didn't had to send anything to the poker room.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not good that there is no longer an ACR rep thread on here

semsaltov77777

semsaltov77777

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I knocked out the streamer that year, received $2000, credited it within two days, provided only the distribution number, and a screen of the distribution. I hope it's just inexpensive, it's good that everyone paid!

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I saw only 1 of the streamer post eligibilty for bounty in thier chat pinned message cant find replay most the streamer replays are pay walled to view the replays some us states and countries arent eligible for bountys The streamers should post this is thier stream instead of misleading people I will ask the streamer tomorrow on eligibility cause it should be i n their acr emails however most these new streamer freerolls are granted an extra $3000 ($1000 per stream of two give aways of $500 now) I dunno if the rules have changed but maybe this person isnt eligible