Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A little while ago I had this thing popup and ask me a question. Apparently it was to prove that I am human. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
A little while ago I had this thing popup and ask me a question. Apparently it was to prove that I am human. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
It's one of the measures that ACR is taking to combat and possibly identify bots, legit players would have no problems complying.

:top:

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank you all for your replies and I'm happy to hear that it wasn't only me that it happened to. :)
It's one of the measures that ACR is taking to combat and possibly identify bots, legit players would have no problems complying.
My main worry was that it was some sort of virus or something and that the message didn't come from ACR. I doubted that it was but just wanted to make sure. Maybe someone reported me for suspicion of being a robot, and this is how ACR investigates the complaint. Or, could be that ACR has robots looking for other robots and one of them thought I was cute was hoping that I was one of them. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
This has happened several times. But in my opinion this is not a problem at all, at least for me.
Good luck.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume this is while playing a game and not when you first log in. I hope they do not do this with cardschat tourneys because it would be just my luck that it would pop up when I am away making coffee

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Thank you all for your replies and I'm happy to hear that it wasn't only me that it happened to. :)

My main worry was that it was some sort of virus or something and that the message didn't come from ACR. I doubted that it was but just wanted to make sure. Maybe someone reported me for suspicion of being a robot, and this is how ACR investigates the complaint. Or, could be that ACR has robots looking for other robots and one of them thought I was cute was hoping that I was one of them. :)
I don't know, but it makes a lot of sense, if ACR sends that message to all of the players on their site, the ones that don't fill it out are most likely bots.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I assume this is while playing a game and not when you first log in. I hope they do not do this with cardschat tourneys because it would be just my luck that it would pop up when I am away making coffee
It was during the game, and it popped up on the lobby if I remember correctly. :)

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had these several times and actually had one the other day that didn't have the correct answer as a choice. It asked me to chose the card that would give me top pair on the board which would have been a queen but there wasn't one, not even a card that would have given me a pair, so I chose the Ks which gave me a str8 flush and it said I was wrong. Never got a follow up email or logged out of the account or anything so I guess they realized it was a mistake when they reviewed it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I had it happen today.

I was right in the middle of a bunch of hands and really didn't want to take the time away to deal with whatever they wanted me to do. Fortunately I answered the question before I was timed out.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

It gives you ~2minutes to answer the quiz/question.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play ACR freerolls a lot, and this happens from time to time, at least they give you plenty of time to answer it.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have had the quiz also.
Be well

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never received this quiz/question, but good to know it's a regular thing there. Maybe it's because I never had long poker sessions there, usually I only play 3-4 hours maximum on ACR.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never received this quiz/question, but good to know it's a regular thing there. Maybe it's because I never had long poker sessions there, usually I only play 3-4 hours maximum on ACR.
I never play that long on ACR. I don't think I've played longer than 45mins. at a time & it happened to me just the other day. (4-tabling Blitz tables)