ACR MTT refund scheme

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the recent hiccups, I think it would be useful for everybody if someone explained how ACR refunds the frozen tournaments.

Could you make money on that? Or is it that ACR refunds just your buy-in?

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR's tournament refund policy is fair and based on your chip stack and position in the tournament after registration. Obviously, if you've already busted out there isn't a refund.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on how long the tournament has been playing for they pay the prize out according to ICM chip stacks. So if you had a big chip stack when the tournament froze you can benefit nicely. As far as a scheme, I don’t think that’s something I would say you can do because you do not know when tournaments will be frozen. In the TOS there is specific rules regarding cancellation of games. No scheme there , obv if ACR is down they lose not gain.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR's tournament refund policy is fair and based on your chip stack and position in the tournament after registration. Obviously, if you've already busted out there isn't a refund.

Actually I do not think you are correct about that. If you bust out and the tournament is canceled you will be refunded the buy in. I have had it happen. But this is only if the tournament was still registering players. If they do icm
Payouts I think your buy in is divided up to those remaining when frozen.

Last edited:
smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
MTT's cancelled in late registration refund buyins to everyone including busted players and re-entries.

MTT's cancelled after late registration is over are refunded on an icm calculation only to remaining players.

ACR tournament cancellation rules can be found here https://www.americascardroom.eu/tournaments/rules/

S

steveo2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The real question is where is the better poker site alternative for players like me. I love acr games and the program but is there a better alternative? If so I havent found it yet!