ACR and the microdisconnects have stopped me playing there

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been thru about fifty updates and the disconnects still happen, and its totally unplayable if I try to play at a second table, or even check my email.
Very frustrating and this has never happened on any of the other poker sites I play on.
I also would like to know how their updates are allowed to happen without my clicking on a permission checkbox, its like the site has total control of what they want to install on your computer.
Tried playing yesterday, and when it comes my turn to act, the buttons dont respond and the time clock ticks down, and the table disappears than reconnects, than disappears, than reconnects which must tick off the other players waiting to act.
Such a shame as this site has so much to offer and so much traffic.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR always have this type of problems. Unfortunately they have problems to fix this.I have to admit that I'm losing my control with it too.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been thru about fifty updates and the disconnects still happen, and its totally unplayable if I try to play at a second table, or even check my email.
Very frustrating and this has never happened on any of the other poker sites I play on.
I also would like to know how their updates are allowed to happen without my clicking on a permission checkbox, its like the site has total control of what they want to install on your computer.
Tried playing yesterday, and when it comes my turn to act, the buttons dont respond and the time clock ticks down, and the table disappears than reconnects, than disappears, than reconnects which must tick off the other players waiting to act.
Such a shame as this site has so much to offer and so much traffic.

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the software.
Could you please send us an email to support@americascardroom.eu with all the pertinent details so we can look into it? Also, in the meantime, you could try uninstalling the game then install it again, or maybe trying another device, thank you!

ACR Rep

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have a few bucks on the site and I think they are limiting bandwidth to small accounts like mine. Would really like to throttle the genius software engineer that thought that up as a solution to their site problems.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm having the same problem and it's bad.

S

SlimmBanditt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was wondering if it was just me...

I have been experiencing this daily for some time now. I initially thought it was affecting me exclusively because I could find so few posts mentioning it on any of the forums I frequently visit. I have tried contacting support to address the issue, I've followed all the suggested advise offered, tinkered with different settings/configurations, uninstalled the client, reinstalled, even upgraded to a newer, more powerful pc. And on my more robust machine, with PT4 and Stack and Tile running in the background, and playing 3 or 4 cash tables simultaneously, I can expect things to run smoothly for no longer than 30-45 mins before the client sits me out due to the lag/freezing (if it doesn't crash completely). No other poker client displays even the slightest hint of such resistance with comparable, or even higher, workload. I don't know what all exactly makes for such a vast difference in performance between one client and another, and while customizable felt and card back colors sure are nifty (meh), I'd opt for a more basic, more efficient interface any day to mitigate the software's instability. I hope sooner or later WPN/ACR will prioritize the platform's functionality over the addition of impractical, gimmicky add-on features and aesthetic presentation, but I'm not at all optimistic about it at this point.