ACR little blue dots

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the last ACR update I've noticed that the pot numbers and bet numbers have a little box under them with little blue dots filling the box...any ideas why this is?

It's kind of like a captia type look...just wondering what it's all about...

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Apparently, it is to make the bet amount impossible to see.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I noticed that too. It's truly annoying and I'm not sure why they implemented that in the first place. Gives the bet size a poor grainy look.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so annoying! Hopefully it doesn't take forever to fix this problem.

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes hopefully problem gets fixed

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thee are many little bugs lately. Hopefully they are dealt with quickly. Another is the table disappearing once you are eliminated from a tournament. Personally I often review the hand (especially if it’s a big hand that I can learn from ) and the table immediately gone makes this impossible.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I think about sitting down to play at ACR again, I hear horror stories of the client freezing or shutting down late in tournament, bugs/glitches, bots etc... :(

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so annoying! Hopefully it doesn't take forever to fix this problem.

yes hopefully problem gets fixed

Yeah I noticed that too. It's truly annoying and I'm not sure why they implemented that in the first place. Gives the bet size a poor grainy look.

Apparently, it is to make the bet amount impossible to see.

After the last ACR update I've noticed that the pot numbers and bet numbers have a little box under them with little blue dots filling the box...any ideas why this is?

It's kind of like a captia type look...just wondering what it's all about...

Thee are many little bugs lately. Hopefully they are dealt with quickly. Another is the table disappearing once you are eliminated from a tournament. Personally I often review the hand (especially if it’s a big hand that I can learn from ) and the table immediately gone makes this impossible.

Hi, regarding the blue dots recently added to the pot and bet numbers:

The noise behind the pot and bet amounts is part of our effort to combat bots. Related to the table disappearing once eliminated, this is a known issue that has been reported and our development team will be fixed in the upcoming downtime. I appreciate all your patience while we work on our improvements.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not pay attention to it. It does not bother me at all.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re guarding the bot control that is interesting and we appreciate your efforts to help control the bots at the tables! Do you post your monthly bot removals by chance?

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bot protection ?

hard to believe that story !?

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually... out of all the things to complain about.. this little tiny thing i see as an improvement because it doesn't make it appear like the amount is written on the "virtual felt".

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to believe that story !?

It is true. I am in a daily group chat with the CEO. It is done intentionally because bots do not have "eyes" like we do, so they rely on scanning the table to figure out the bet amounts, so the more difficult it is to scan the bet amounts, the less reliable the bot is. It is a constant battle with the bots.