ACR Freezing

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody else have problems with the America's Card Room client software freezing up on them? It happened to me when I was in the middle of milking a donkey and it froze for about two minutes. When it came back on it had folded my cards for inactivity and I had to surrender a huge pot. What the hell is going on here?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No such problems of late for me.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some reason it doesn't like any browsers open and such while playing, might be your computer and might be a time for a upgrade.When I play and open browser or try to run two poker sites at the same time I notice considerable lag too. My computer has an integrated video card. Does yours also?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anybody else have problems with the America's Card Room client software freezing up on them? It happened to me when I was in the middle of milking a donkey and it froze for about two minutes. When it came back on it had folded my cards for inactivity and I had to surrender a huge pot. What the hell is going on here?

Further to ARQ's comments....RAM in your machine (computer or phone)

Built-in RAM on video card if computer will also help.

The more RAM then the more programs and pages you can have open simultaneously. At least theoretically.

Adding computer RAM or upgrading RAM is a relatively inexpensive solution. And it is easy enough for you to do yourself. Make sure you are grounded when handling RAM and touching the insides of your machine.

Good luck on your next fishing expedition !

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ACR tends to be irritatingly slow for me too sometimes....sorry about your pot,,,that sucks. It doesn't happen on other sites... BOL etc..I also wonder what is going on

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's better but occasionally happens. I was in a game and had 2 Aces, 1 ace came up on the flop with 2 nines, he was drawing dead and it was a big pot. He made a bet, I raised big, he went all in. Before I could bet the measly $78 to call I froze and reconnected just in time to see me fold and him take a huge pot with 2 pair- tens over nines over another all in donk with 2 pair like 9's over 3's I think.

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some reason it doesn't like any browsers open and such while playing, might be your computer and might be a time for a upgrade.When I play and open browser or try to run two poker sites at the same time I notice considerable lag too. My computer has an integrated video card. Does yours also?

Yes, I have a new laptop so integrated graphics is one of the downsides. I do have 8GB of DDR3 RAM though and I can't imagine ACR is a graphically intensive App that RAM couldn't shoulder the burden to run.

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better but occasionally happens. I was in a game and had 2 Aces, 1 ace came up on the flop with 2 nines, he was drawing dead and it was a big pot. He made a bet, I raised big, he went all in. Before I could bet the measly $78 to call I froze and reconnected just in time to see me fold and him take a huge pot with 2 pair- tens over nines over another all in donk with 2 pair like 9's over 3's I think.

This story makes me feel so sad for you. I'm brand new so a "measly" $78 call is huge money to me. I'm sorry for your loss. Has anybody spoken with support about this?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have a new laptop so integrated graphics is one of the downsides. I do have 8GB of DDR3 RAM though and I can't imagine ACR is a graphically intensive app that RAM couldn't shoulder the burden to run.

Yes...should be enough.

Now I suggest looking at your connection. Wireless? Playing in a spot that doesn't get good wifi reception? Just trying to help.

Good luck !

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes...should be enough.

Now I suggest looking at your connection. Wireless? Playing in a spot that doesn't get good wifi reception? Just trying to help.

Good luck !

I appreciate your help. It's why I posted here to begin with. I'm wireless, yes, but I'm very close to my access point. I just ran speedtest.net and I've 16MB/s down and 18 up. It's plenty fast for playing graphically intensive online video games but not ACR. I don't get it. :confused:

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought a new laptop with solid state drive and everything is lightning fast including acr. I also have 1gb wifi so no problems here. As far as I can tell, acr is perfect!

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this has happened to me more than once n i have gotten them to refund the cost of the tournament, but obviously not the money i would have won.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi, are you still having issues with the poker software? Before trying the troubleshooting process, I suggest you check your internet connection and make sure it is properly working. If after doing this, you´re still experiencing issues, please try the steps below:
Open up an Internet Explorer window (if you are on Windows 10, make sure it is not Microsoft Edge, but Internet Explorer, you will probably have to look for it on the search tool), on the keyboard press ctrl+shift+delete, on the little window that popped up click on "Clear" or "Delete", reopen the poker app.

If after doing so it still doesn't work, close the poker application again, then go to this website: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, then go to this other link: https://www.java.com/, download and install the latest version of Java, reopen the poker app.
Let me know if you have further issues and I will happily assist you.