ACR freerolls

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
finally manage to make it to a final table in one of the acr $50 freerolls finished third. I'm liking they added more hold'em freeroll instead of only on sunday because if it was omaha hi lo i wouldn't have a chance!
6cdea1935d9f4de75a4b641c3360eae2.png

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes they are fun but i think the structure could be more quick. also months ago ACR held a lot more of these, nowadays they not run very often, like every two or three hours and sometimes they dont run.

its a bit of a time waste to be honest but sometimes i click one of these on the side when i have tables open anyway.

congrats to your final table position OP!

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes they are fun but i think the structure could be more quick. also months ago ACR held a lot more of these, nowadays they not run very often, like every two or three hours and sometimes they dont run.

its a bit of a time waste to be honest but sometimes i click one of these on the side when i have tables open anyway.

thanks! I think they run every 3 hours, but before hold'em would only be just on sundays and omaha hi-lo mon-sat, I have no idea how to play omaha hi lo, I can barely cash in on just regular omaha now that they have that without the low one a week. also, hold'em everyone know how to play or somewhat know how to play from tv etc. hold'em is more noobie friendly..so I'm glad its offered more than one day a week now.. I play the free rolls when I can usually the 3pm 6 pm 9 pm EST..

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats, making mine look small..

In a ACR freebie grind-out, I made the final table, ran out of gas at ten. It's hard to keep your momentum after finally making ITM, then final table. The non hold 'em freebies are a lot harder, but give them a shot, anything can happen.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

ACR changed the format (I believe this is what you are referring to) some time ago. It was 'free rolls on demand' which if I recall correctly started as soon as 300 players signed up, the difference being they paid $10 in total.

ACR then switched to - $50 guaranteed' tourneys which start every three hours (when all is on schedule)

I do not play them frequently either anymore but as Normino points out, you make the final table and is a nice payout as well as immensely satisfying.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
thanks! I think they run every 3 hours, but before hold'em would only be just on sundays and omaha hi-lo mon-sat, I have no idea how to play omaha hi lo, I can barely cash in on just regular omaha now that they have that without the low one a week. also, hold'em everyone know how to play or somewhat know how to play from tv etc. hold'em is more noobie friendly..so I'm glad its offered more than one day a week now.. I play the free rolls when I can usually the 3pm 6 pm 9 pm EST..

The Omaha hi/lo tourneys are an utter farce. Players playing every hand with any cards -it is just a gamble fest. I have cashed many times but I tend to enter and play the tourneys as almost background noise to whatever else I am engaged with.

Congrats on your score, to make the final is cool and the pay off rewarding!

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still more attracted to tournaments with free tickets, but unfortunately there are fewer of them!!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice job final tabling that freeroll. You have to avoid so many landmines to make it that far. They do run every 3 hours the entire day.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is 6-Max PLO, so if you are interesting in trying a new game with no risk to your bankroll, give it a shot.

wMX3VuQJ1LwewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Attachments

• TuesdayFreeroll.jpg
    TuesdayFreeroll.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
The Omaha hi/lo tourneys are an utter farce. Players playing every hand with any cards -it is just a gamble fest. I have cashed many times but I tend to enter and play the tourneys as almost background noise to whatever else I am engaged with.

Congrats on your score, to make the final is cool and the pay off rewarding!
I like the PLO8 games, I'm just an OK micro O8 or O8 freeroll player, but I know it's a post flop game, if they let me see a flop, and most times they do as you say, limp in every hand, (I don't limp just any hand) I mainly play them to pass time, I'll quite often call a pre flop raise depending on reads I may have, most times it's people with naked aces or kings and they can't fold them post flop when flush or straight possibilities or on the board.

Quite often I build a huge stack early in the $50 freerolls, many over value their hands. I've made FT and final 2 tables a few times, often run into coolers late in the games. That's Omaha I suppose. ;)

:top:

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the FT! Now run that money up!

I think the ACR freerolls are fine just wish they ran more often. Lots of days seems like they aren't on the normal schedule of every what, 2 or 3 hours. I like playing in them when I'm already at PC and distracted.

A lot of times I'll double or triple up then just afk... usually gets you ITM vs just donking all in when I'm leaving anyway.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like the PLO8 games, I'm just an OK micro O8 or O8 freeroll player, but I know it's a post flop game, if they let me see a flop, and most times they do as you say, limp in every hand, (I don't limp just any hand) I mainly play them to pass time, I'll quite often call a pre flop raise depending on reads I may have, most times it's people with naked aces or kings and they can't fold them post flop when flush or straight possibilities or on the board.

Quite often I build a huge stack early in the $50 freerolls, many over value their hands. I've made FT and final 2 tables a few times, often run into coolers late in the games. That's Omaha I suppose. ;)

:top:

Yeah, it would appear several of us are aware and familiar with the ACR free roll streets!

I will never knock them outright as it is a generous supply ACR provides its members. If you can cue them up and let the initial phase sort itself out to then focus on the latter stages they add to the bottom line. You can literally busy yourself with other matters - playing these while attending to something else on the computer is literally like multi-tabling!

And let us not forget, someone is making $9 bucks every three hours for bagging one!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never knock them outright as it is a generous supply ACR provides its members.

Exactly. Complaining about something, which is offered to you for free, is literally the most pointless thing to do. If people dont like the structure or player pool tendencies or whatever, then just dont play. How difficult can it be to understand? ;)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Exactly. Complaining about something, which is offered to you for free, is literally the most pointless thing to do. If people dont like the structure or player pool tendencies or whatever, then just dont play. How difficult can it be to understand? ;)

Obviously, I completely agree fundiver199!

I think some just lose perspective. Normino got a third in a chaotic free roll with 1,300 plus entrants (certainly early stages) and bagged $3.17. Awesome. However, I know many CC members would not be bothered.

Except of course they would be bothered to enter the CC private free rolls and then be more than happy to cash and then ladder up. But, it would still take a final table finish to win $3 + and that is seldom achieved without reaching the third hour of play.

So it is all swings and roundabouts!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Great result. I congratulate you.
Sometimes I also play in these tournaments, but usually I lack the patience to get to the final table.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, I completely agree fundiver199!

I think some just lose perspective. Normino got a third in a chaotic free roll with 1,300 plus entrants (certainly early stages) and bagged $3.17. Awesome. However, I know many CC members would not be bothered.

Except of course they would be bothered to enter the CC private free rolls and then be more than happy to cash and then ladder up. But, it would still take a final table finish to win $3 + and that is seldom achieved without reaching the third hour of play.

So it is all swings and roundabouts!

its one of the reasons I signed up for acr was the freerolls, I didn't even know the term free rolls at the time(I googled site where I can earn poker money for free).. also said poker stars had freerolls but outside the cardschat freeroll I don't think they do. So, the site telling me it had freerolls must have been outdated somewhat. I love freerolls, its a chance to earn a free bank roll, or if you deposit and lose your cash a chance to earn it back! was hoping I'd finish first tho, so I could play in the 25K gtd sunday tourney for $6.60 for free..

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice freerolls with comfortable prize pool structure. You just need to get 1-150 place to be paid.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR changed the format (I believe this is what you are referring to) some time ago. It was 'free rolls on demand' which if I recall correctly started as soon as 300 players signed up, the difference being they paid $10 in total.

ACR then switched to - $50 guaranteed' tourneys which start every three hours (when all is on schedule)

I do not play them frequently either anymore but as Normino points out, you make the final table and is a nice payout as well as immensely satisfying.

Well explained, as a freeroll whore, I concur @ the developments :D

Freeroll Passwords