ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it a coincidence the first Sunday squeeze tournament had a $50,000-$60,000 overlay and right after this happened they had "technical difficulties" and cancelled the $77,000 compensation tournament for those who were screwed out of the second flight of a $55 tournament? Just ACR doin ACR things it seems.

Edit: It seems like the tourney was paid on based on chip count so it wasn't near as bad as I thought. I saw so many upset people, I thought they just got the complete shaft.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general I have a difficult time believing, that poker sites deliberately crash their servers just to avoid paying an overlay in a specific tournament. Server crashes cost them money long term due to lost customers and revenue.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, these things happen, It can be frustrating after all the time and effort one puts into the tournament to have it cancelled duo to technical difficulties, but perhaps that is just what they are telling us just to hide the truth. Perhaps they caught someone cheating and in order to be as fair as possible they just cancelled the tourney so that they may give as much of the money back to the remaining field without having to return the buy-in for the tournament.
Of course it's just a theory without any proff to back it up. Just trying to find a reason.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who knows. All i can say is that i read here and in other poker forums that on ACR or in general on the winning poker network this seems to happen more and more often

In the end they are unregulated so a lot is possible. If i would have to decide i would say they don't do this on purpose.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR often stops the game, this is strange since they do not have a lot of traffic
it spoils the impression

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd like to see how much money they actually make in profits and compare it to this overlay, then it will become more clear whether it is worth it for them or not to try funny business.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don,t think it was done on purpose ACR has had a lot of problems with there updates. They can,t afford to keep losing players not good business.