ACR - IS $250,000 enough?

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SO recently ACR has been plagued with technical issues. To say sorry to the community they are giving away $250,000 in their 'freebuy' tournaments. Do you think this is good enough? Especially considering their are addons and rebuys available for money helping ACR mitigate the losses.

Just wanted to hear some differing thoughts on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO recently ACR has been plagued with technical issues. To say sorry to the community they are giving away $250,000 in their 'freebuy' tournaments. Do you think this is good enough? Especially considering their are addons and rebuys available for money helping ACR mitigate the losses.

All free rolls you have to rake back 50%. Add that the software seems to pass the money around in a circle with maximum rake almost every hand.

The so call give away is money they already took. No one is losing except the players. All by design:ciao:

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First I'm hearing of this but if they are attempting to do anything for us I guess we should try to appreciate it. They could just ignore the issue all together.

I don't agree with rebuys and addons, but haven't looked at structure to see if they will even be needed.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its great they toss us a bone. im there:ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First I'm hearing of this but if they are attempting to do anything for us I guess we should try to appreciate it. They could just ignore the issue all together.

I don't agree with rebuys and addons, but haven't looked at structure to see if they will even be needed.

Its their freebuy structure I believe so rebuys and addons will be available but you can also play for free, will be interesting to see for sure!

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All free rolls you have to rake back 50%. Add that the software seems to pass the money around in a circle with maximum rake almost every hand.

The so call give away is money they already took. No one is losing except the players. All by design:ciao:

Yeah, I am not sure I agree with the add on/rebuy feature if they do choose to use it for the tournaments, definitely a little suspect if they do!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, you've really got to look at it like any other trny and realize that someone is going to win it. Then ask yourself, "Why not me?". If it's a freeroll then you've got nothing to lose.
As far as ACR putting up enough is a moot point, imo. Any site willing to give $ away is plugging the game of poker, itself. Kinda like a grocery store giving away free samples of cheese or crackers or wine. No "buyer-beware" to mention. ACR just needs to weed out the bugs in their software. :idea:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It will help. Will they be stable enough to run the tournies by then?

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wonder what the structure will look like? 1000 chip starting stack, 1 minute levels, blinds starting at 50/100. 5000 players for 1 spot to step 2. Only 49 steps left to make it into the tournament.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Where did you get this info on freerolls? I have not received an email or read anything about 250k in freerolls

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate freerolls with rebuys. May as well play some bingo.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm grateful for anything honestly....especially after the pain of being in tournaments that freeze or still have errors in their operation.

Depending on the structure - these tournaments may or may not be worth the time to play.

Certainly if they continue to have technical problems during these freebuys then they may be worthless. I just don't understand why they continue to have technical problems

But I will try the freebuys if I can.

See you on the felt!

Good luck !

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not like rebuys but since it's a freeroll you should not complain.:)

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm grateful for anything honestly....especially after the pain of being in tournaments that freeze or still have errors in their operation.

Depending on the structure - these tournaments may or may not be worth the time to play.

Certainly if they continue to have technical problems during these freebuys then they may be worthless. I just don't understand why they continue to have technical problems

But I will try the freebuys if I can.

See you on the felt!

Good luck !

Good luck to you too! It sounds like they have ironed out some bugs at least so fingers crossed!

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wonder what the structure will look like? 1000 chip starting stack, 1 minute levels, blinds starting at 50/100. 5000 players for 1 spot to step 2. Only 49 steps left to make it into the tournament.

LOL! To be fair the venom steps haven't been that bad for me! But I hope ACR produce a good set of tournaments to try and regain our trust!

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will help. Will they be stable enough to run the tournies by then?

Its sounding like some technical issues have been resolved, so progress is progress!

C

corbs22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you've really got to look at it like any other trny and realize that someone is going to win it. Then ask yourself, "Why not me?". If it's a freeroll then you've got nothing to lose.
As far as ACR putting up enough is a moot point, imo. Any site willing to give $ away is plugging the game of poker, itself. Kinda like a grocery store giving away free samples of cheese or crackers or wine. No "buyer-beware" to mention. ACR just needs to weed out the bugs in their software. :idea:

Can't wait to be called by 3s when I have got aces and then I get cracked out of the freeroll lol!
Play is always wild in freerolls.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can't wait to be called by 3s when I have got aces and then I get cracked out of the freeroll lol!
Play is always wild in freerolls.

You wouldn't want to be called by 3's?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

It's a freeroll tourney.... how is there max. rake 'every' hand? Am I missing something here?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it is not enough, but I'm also not going to say no.